The Ultimate WordPress Virtual Wallet System
Give users one or more wallets and top up/charge them
The MicroPayments plugin gives you the flexibility to create any virtual currency, rewards, or loyalty program on your WordPress website.
Incentivize engagement by letting users earn, trade, and spend points and make online payments based on real or virtual currencies. Bundle small transactions into a single purchase to simplify in-site transactions and online purchases.
This comprehensive points management system lets users submit online payments using their preferred payment platform such as: WooCommerce, Stripe, PayPal, and other EDD payment platforms.
As always, our code is open source, so developers can use this virtual currency plugin to easily add points based features to their existing plugin or custom applications.
What You Can Do With a Virtual Wallet
- Process small transactions such as PayPal micropayments
- Create a uniquely branded loyalty program
- Build a dedicated rewards portal
- Gamify an e-learning environment
- Incentivize engagement on social media or user forums
Using the MicroPayments Platform Plugin for WordPress
After setting up the WordPress payment plugin and external payment gateways, every registered user is automatically given their digital wallet. Multiple wallets are also supported. They can then instantly load their wallet by purchasing virtual currency with real money or earn points by completing defined actions.
Once there is a balance in their digital wallet, users can spend money from their wallet for in-site transactions as if it was a prepaid credit card.
The admin sets the point conversion rate between virtual currency or points to real currencies.
The wallet and virtual currency solution can be used with the WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads cart system to purchase real or virtual products.
Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) – Closely integrated with EDD, the plugin supports two payment methods: a payment gateway in which users can purchase products with a digital currency and the ability to purchase digital currency with real money.
You can also reward bonus points to a user when they purchase existing EDD products and convert MicroPayments points into discount codes for coupons or future purchases.
WooCommerce – WooCommerce plugin integration also supports two payment methods: a payment gateway in which users can purchase products with their digital wallet balance and the option to purchase digital currency with real money.
Bonus points may also be rewarded when users purchase existing WooCommerce products.
Points Management – The points and virtual credit management system supports any type of community site and in-site monetary or points based transactions.
This is perfect for any type of rewards or gamification program within your community or elearning platform.
Virtual Currency – Create a customizable virtual money currency for your site or online community. Use a virtual wallet system to name your own currency, set exchange rates, and more.
Virtual Wallet ManagementGrant users points or money within your virtual currency when they successfully complete an action.
Examples: interacting on social media or posting to an online forum (get this fully integrated function with CM Q&A Forum Plugin).
|Automatically Add Points to a User's Wallet|
The MicroPayments plugin lets administrators and web developers batch in-site transactions in a simple and flexible system.
|Points Conversion Table Settings|
Set up membership programs and automatically add or deduct points from a user’s virtual wallet every week or month.
Users can watch their electronic wallet grow, spend the balance on digital or physical products, or gift currency to other users.
MicroPayments Plugin Integration with Easy Digital Downloads and WooCommerce
integrating EDD (Easy Digital Downloads) or WooCommerce lets users purchase physical products and digital goods with your virtual currency or points system.
Note: Users will need to load their wallet with enough virtual currency or have earned sufficient points to complete their desired purchase.
|WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads Support|
When activated, this plugin will add a new payment gateway to the EDD or WooCommerce checkout area allowing users to purchase with the virtual currency you have defined.
MicroPayments Plugin Use Case Examples
- Web Game Credits – Run an online game and let users earn points according to the levels they complete.
- Reward/Charge Points – Integrate CM Answers Plugin and Frontend User Submitted Posts Plugin to reward or charge users for posting questions, answers or blog posts.
- Affiliate Program – Offer affiliate program and award points to your affiliates, so they can convert the virtual currency to real money.
MicroPayments Plugin Related Use Cases
- How to Allow Users to Buy Points Using Real Money and Sell Items for Points
- How to Charge and Grant Points for PeepSo Actions
- How to Control Wallet From External Apps
- How to Let Users Transfer Points to Each Other
Managing External Wallets
Add or subtract points and check a wallet’s balance from your website or app with the MicroPayments External API Add-on.
Connect your API to MicroPayments and take full control of external wallets from anywhere.
Monetizing ForumIntegrate CM Answers to create a forum and engage a large number of users!
|Forum created with CM Answers|
Using the MicroPayments Platform With Other Plugins
Developers can use the CM MicroPayment Platform to develop their own virtual payment solution with any of the existing plugin features.
Our WordPress digital currency plugin has immense flexibility built into it, with many shortcodes and API methods that can be integrated and quickly adapted to unique use cases. With these capabilities and our expert team of developers, the plugin can be customized to meet just about any user requirement.
MicroPayments Plugin Localization and Supported Languages
Adjusting Plugin LabelsAll frontend labels can be easily changed to any language so the user interface will speak your language
|Localizing labels in the plugin settings|
MicroPayments Plugin Additional Resources
- CM MicroPayments User Guide
- CM MicroPayments Site
- Top 5 WordPress MicroPayment Plugins
- Presentation: Digital Wallets Made Easy
MicroPayments Plugin Related Products
MicroPayments Points and Rewards Plugin Infographic
MicroPayments Platform for WordPress Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
|Virtual Wallet – Manage website users’ virtual wallets. Admin can add or subtract virtual currency from wallets. Using API or shortcode you can also add or remove points from wallets.|
|Multiple Wallets – Generate any number of wallets for each user.|
|Virtual Currency – Define virtual currency units. Once defining the virtual currency you can define the plural and singular name for the currency and the conversion rate between real money and the virtual currency.|
|Wallet Management – Add or subtract currency units from a wallet. This can be done manually for each wallet while leaving a note for each transaction or by uploading a CSV file containing all wallets and amount to be paid or charged.||External Wallet Management – Control MicroPayment wallets created by external apps. Requires the MicroPayments External API Add-on|
|Transactions Report – Show users a report of all transactions they’ve made with their wallet and show their point balance.|
|EDD Cart Integration – Integration with Easy Digital Downloads both as a payment gateway and as a checkout option to purchase virtual points. Users can purchase products using your virtual currency and their wallet. The MicroPayment can also appear as a checkout payment gateway so you can be paid at checkout using virtual currency.|
|Dokan Cart Integration – Integration with Dokan both as a payment gateway and as a checkout option to purchase virtual points.|
|WooCommerce Cart Integration – Integration with WooCommerce both as a payment gateway and as a checkout option to purchase virtual points. Users can purchase products using your virtual currency and their wallet. The MicroPayment can also appear as a checkout payment gateway so payment can be made at checkout using virtual currency.|
|Load your Virtual Wallet – Purchase virtual money with PayPal or with any EDD/WooCommerce supported payment gateway. Once virtual currency is purchased it is added to user virtual wallet and users can redeem points during their purchases on your WordPress site.|
|Unlimited Amount of Currency – Purchase any amount of currency and convert to virtual currency.|
|Convert Points to Real Money – Convert virtual currency to real money using PayPal or Stripe payout. Admin can define the conversion rate. Money will be transferred to user from admin defined account in PayPal or Stripe.|
|Convert Points to Discounts – Convert virtual currency to an EDD or WooCommerce discount code to then use during checkout. The best way to reward site interactions .|
|Bonus Points – Users are paid points or virtual currency when purchasing real products. Admin can assign each WooCommerce or EDD product an amount to be paid to user once this product is purchased.|
|Preload Wallet – Automatically earn points or an initial amount of virtual currency when users signup.This is done once a new user signs up or when you initially install the plugin.|
|Transfer fee – Charge users a flat amount every time they spend points. This deduction will be shown in the log.|
|Top up Fee – Charge users a flat amount every time they receive or buy points. This deduction will be shown in the log.|
|Decimal Support – Adopt integers (e.g. 2) or decimals and milesimals (e.g. 2.56).|
|Points Management – Administrators have full overview and control over all user balances and log entries. Admin can give or take points from any user, any time.|
|Point Transfer – Transfer points between users of your website or community by specifying their username and adding a comment.|
|Send Tip – Allow users to send a points tip to other wallets.|
|API – More advanced features include plugin filters that allow you to integrate MicroPayments with your site theme or other plugins and add or subtract virtual currency from user wallets.|
|MultiSite Environment – Share user wallet between multi site installations so they will all use the same wallet for the same username.|
|Localization – This plugin is translatable with multilingual support, including RTL language (right to left) and UTF-8 characters support for translation into a variety of different languages. You can change the frontend labels into your language.|
|Export – Export all wallets to a CSV file with the user email and amount of virtual currency available.|
|Import – Import from a CSV file a list of user-id or emails with an amount to add to each wallet. You can also add negative amounts or override wallet value.|
|Recurring Deposits or Withdrawals – Add to or subtract from each wallet a specified amount of currency every set number of days (week, month or X days).|
MicroPayments Platform Image Gallery
MicroPayments Platform Online Demo
|This demo shows the dashboard with the transaction history withing the MicroPayment Plugin|
MicroPayments Platform Additional Addons
These addons can be installed with the MicroPayments plugin to give additional functionality.
MicroPayments Plugin Integration With Other CreativeMinds Plugins
MicroPayments Platform Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
How does the plugin's checkout process take place when charging payments with real money?
CM MicroPayment has a built-in PayPal Express Checkout mechanism that charges payments via your customer’s Paypal account or via credit/debit card. For cases when that isn’t enough, you can easily integrate CM MicroPayment with the Easy Digital Downloads plugin or WooCommerce and have over 100 different payment gateways available for different sets of needs, such as paying by check, by phone, by bank transfer and more.
Will my users be able to exchange points among themselves?
Yes. Using a shortcode you can add an interface which include the option for user to send points to another user. Also in the settings panel, you can determine which actions performed by your users will enable them to gain more points and which will result in a deduction of points, depending on the features available on your site. For example, if you’re integrating Micropayments with CM Downloads manager, users may charge points for downloading a file they uploaded, and use them later for downloading files uploaded by others. This way, a new layer of virtual money is added to your site, allowing users to exchange points and trade virtual goods between them.
Does this Plugin work with WooCommerce?
Yes, we have added WooCommerce integration. Micropayments can use the WooCommerce checkout and can also apply points when WooCommerce purchases are made.
See these documentation articles to learn more:
Can customers receive payment confirmation emails when they use Micropayments?
Can Micropayments support Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin?
Can Micropayments allow me to automatically give my premium users credits each month?
Is it possible to use PayPal Payouts with this plugin?
Yes, but it’s important to note that PayPal requires a business account in order for Payouts to go live. Learn more in this guide: CM MicroPayments – PayPal Payout.
Is it possible to use Stripe Payouts with this plugin?
Yes! We also support Stripe payout.
Can this rewards extension work as loyalty rewards system?
Yes! It does work as loyalty rewards system. This virtual point management plugin for wordpress allows the admin to reward the points to the users’ wordpress wallet and users can use those awarded points to their next purchase .
Can users make dynamic points transactions into multi currencies ?
No! This WordPress Plugin does not work as a multi currency switcher but when admin makes a transaction via PayPal, he can choose currency type. This is the only way admin can pay in the multi-currencies .
Can admin restrict how many minimum points users should have in their wallets ?
No, There is no restriction on the minimum points in this virtual currency plugin.
Customer Reviews for the MicroPayments Virtual Wallet Plugin
- Get This Plugin!Having a virtual currency has totally changed the way we do business. It's much simpler now without third-party apps and we use it for all five of our online shops! Great price too!
- Totally deliveredWas looking for a simple way to set up and process small transactions as well as incentivize engagement through social media and this plugin totally delivered on everything from price to functionality to customer service!
- Really helpfulI love the fact that you can rename your currency, I use "gold pieces"
- Great!We used it in two of our websites with different use cases (gamification + shop), works good.
- Easy to use pluginIt is the plugin to get if you want a no-hassle wallet/virtual currency system that’s super easy to customize. Also, support is fantastic.
MicroPayments Plugin Release Notes
Version 2.1.3 from the 16th Jan 2022
- Added new setting “Replace default currency to points in orders” with WooCommerce
- Added new parameter in get_wallet_data shortcode
Version 2.1.2 from the 21st Dec 2021
- Improvement in WooCommerce class
Version 2.1.1 from the 18 Dec 2021
- Implement symbol with points
- Added support to show points with each product price
- Added new currency “AED – Arab Emirates Dirham” in settings
- Added new setting called “Apply WooCommerce currency format on points” with woocommerce
- Upgrade Change Points feature to Add/Subtract Points in admin section
- Bugfix related to print labels
Version 2.1.0 from the 08 Dec 2021
- Implement wallet nickname
- Added: create_wallet shortcode for administrator and editor
- Added: get_wallet_data shortcode for administrator and editor
- Added: manage_wallet_points shortcode for administrator and editor
- Added support to add points for guest users on purchase with woocommerce
Version 2.0.9 from the 22nd October 2021
- Fixed bug with email shortcode
Version 2.0.7 from the 13th October 2021
- Fixed bug with currency format
Version 2.0.6 from the 12th September 2021
- Fixed bug with transaction status “Pending” after completed purchases in EDD
- Fixed bug with “Use WooCommerce for Checkout” option
- Fixed bug when user can buy points with points in WooCommerce
- Fixed bug with empty Transaction page when user click on “Transaction” link on the “Manage Wallets” page
- Fixed bug when points that were purchased with WooCommerce were not displayed in transactions
- Fixed bug with report CSV Export
Version 2.0.5 from the 22nd August 2021
- Added ability to swap users wallets
- Added Notification about wallet exchange in the cm_user_wallet shortcode
- Added Email notification about wallet exchange
- Added Wallet for fees
- Added Wallet for purchases
Version 2.0.4 from the 3rd July 2021
- Fixed package shortcode
Version 2.0.3 from the 23rd May 2021
- Updated license package to version 1.9.1
Version 2.0.2 15th April 2021
- Added support to periodic % based grant points according to the number of points each wallet holds.
Version 2.0.1 31st March 2021
- Fixed issue related to purchasing points with woocommerce gateways
Version 2.0.0 5th March 2021
- Added support to show the input field instead of radio selection for purchase points
Version 1.9.9 7th Feb 2021
- Implement nonce into pay tip function
Version 1.9.8 15th January 2021
- Fixed: user wallet pagination
Version 1.9.3 8th August 2020
- Fixed: External wallets synchronization bug
Version 1.9.2 23rd July 2020
- Fixed: DB query optimization
Version 1.9.0 30th June 2020
- Added: option to limit wallets quantity for user
- Added: two stripe missing labels and added currency for stripe payout
Version 1.8.11 19th June 2020
- Fixed: privacy access issues
- Added: missing label for Stripe payout and applied round decimals to stripe payout values
- Added: option to multiply granted points by quantity of woocommerce purchased product
- Added: option to show transaction history comment column
- Added: locale dependant numbers format in frontend
- Improved: pagination row for transaction history view
- Minor fixes
Version 1.8.9 7th June 2020
- Fixed: transaction fee processing
- Fixed: stripe payout value format
- Fixed: email notification shortcodes
- Added: percents feature to transaction fee
- Added: Transfer comment label as option
- Added: Stripe payout label as option
- Minor fixes
Version 1.8.9 7th June 2020
- Fixed: enqueue scripts issue
- Added: bulk external wallets update
Version 1.8.8 5th June 2020
- Added hook in emailtemplates.phtml and made changes in the hasUserEnoughPoints method
- Minor fixes
Version 1.8.7 20th May 2020
- Bugfix related to transfer recipient selection field
- Updated package 1.9.0
Version 1.8.6 13th May 2020
- Improved micropayment section on user profile page
Version 1.8.5 30th Apr 2020
- Improved transfer recipient selection field
Version 1.8.4 12th Apr 2020
- Added new shortcode cmmp_tip_button with parameters
Version 1.8.3 31st Mar 2020
- Added new currency “UGX – Ugandan Shilling” in settings
- Updated package 1.8.10
Version 1.8.2 27th Feb 2020
- Compatible with WP All Import/Export plugin
Version 1.8.1 9th Feb 2020
- Fixed correct version in readme file
Version 1.8.0 31st Dec 2019
- Fixed some typo mistakes
- Added decimal support
- Added Dokan integration
- Added percentage fee for admin
- Reorganized some options
Version 1.7.2 30th Nov 2019
- Added the support for managing the External Wallets (with External API plugin)
Version 1.7.1 14th Nov 2019
- Bugfix related to double entry in transaction section
- Updated order date format while save
Version 1.7.0 26th Oct 2019
- Added support to set optional add points to admin wallet on purchase
Version 1.6.9 14th Oct 2019
- Added support to add comment box in transfer_wallet_points shortcode
- Added support to add points to admin wallet
Version 1.6.8 25th Sep 2019
- Updated stripe library with latest version
- Improved stripe payout feature
- Added new parameter connect button into cm_micropayment_points_to_stripe shortcode
- Fixed some warnings
Version 1.6.7 11th Aug 2019
- Added stripe points ratio setting
- Bugfix related to show wallet data into user section in admin
Version 1.6.6 2nd Aug 2019
- Bugfix related to filters
- Bugfix in transfer points between users feature
- Added new currency “MAD – Moroccan Dirham” in settings
- Added option to manually accept the pending transactions requests
- Bugfix related to checkout with anonymous user
- Added Wallet ID in transactions and wallets list
- Improvement in paypal payout feature
- Added new currency “VND – Vietnamese Dong” in settings
- Added new addon info
- Added new labels
- Added an option to charge transaction fee on each transaction.
- Bugfix related to session transaction id
- Updated package 1.8.9
- Bugfix related to points header text in cm_user_wallet shortcode
- Removed deprecated notice
- Fixed some typo mistakes
- Bugfix in WooCommerce purchase grant feature
- Updated package 1.8.8
- Added new labels
- Updated package 1.8.7
- Bugfix related to charge a wallet
- Removed initSession
- Updated license package
- Fixed the [cm_micropayment_points_to_woo_discount] and [cm_micropayment_points_woo_discounts] shortcodes
- Updated license package
- Improved settings page UI with CSS
- Bugfix related to edd purchase session
- Add third decimal support to point cost column
- Fixed wallet name in transactions
- Removed deprecated functions
- Added Stripe payout method
- New shortcode [cm_wallet_id] was added
- Added show_wallet_id attribute to [cm_user_wallet] shortcode which allows to display user’s wallet id
- Added pointlabel attribute to the [cm_user_balance] shortcode
- Updated “My wallet” page content
- Improved the [create_wallet_button]
- Fixed bug in displaying labels description
- Added point labels
- Fixed the rare bug in the multisite activation
- Feature: Added new filter allowing to get the wallet balance by user ID: eg. apply_filters(‘cmmt_get_wallet_points_by_id’, $user_id);
- Feature: Added the user selection to the [transfer_wallet_points] shortcode when the user-wallet assignment is enabled
- Fixed PHP error with preparing SQL string.
- Updated licensing library.
- Fixed the labels in [transfer_wallet_points] shortcode
- Removed the Wallet From in the [transfer_wallet_points] shortcode
- Updated the licensing package
- Fixed the problem with the transaction links on the https pages
- Added the ability to remove the pending transactions from PayPal history
- Fixed the value calculation for [cm_user_balance_value] shortcode
- Added the option to replace the default currency with the WooCommerce points
- Added the option to replace the default currency with the points for Easy Digital Downloads
- Minor bug fixes
- Added the option to remove all wallets
- Fixed the bug with searching the wallets by user login
- Added the support for WooCommerce Memberships
- Fixed small bugs
- Small bug fixed
- Fixed bugs with Adding the points
- Added the option to disable anonymous payments
- Added the support for new AddOn
- Updated the Licensing Package
- Added the option for Periodic Cron operations
- Fixed the problem with the function redeclaration
- Fixed bugs with WooCommerce integration
- Made some UI improvements in shortcodes layouts
- Added the option to change the label for the WooCommerce checkout button
- Added support for changing the label of MicroPayment at checkout
- Added the option to import the wallets and grant points
- Added the option to import the wallets and set amount of points
- Added the option to export the existing wallets
- Added the option to charge / earn points automatically every X days
- Fixed JS bug in Wallet dashboard page
- Added the option to disable the built-in PayPal
- Fixed the bugs on Notification tab in settings
- Moved the available filters from Installation Guide to Shortcodes tab
- Fixed small bugs
- Fixed the bug with the EDD Gateway renaming
- Fixed the problem with the EDD Payment Gateway
- Fix issues related to MultiSite environment
- Fixed many notices in Points Adding screens when no currency was selected
- Fixed some bugs in PayPal Payouts
- Improved the error reporting for PayPal Payouts
- Added the support for virtual currency units in Easy Digital Downloads
- Added the support for virtual currency units in WooCommerce
- Improved the support for MultiSite
- Fixed the bug with the PayPal Payouts
- Updated platform version
- Added the option to export the wallets list to CSV
- Added the option to generate the WooCommerce discounts
- Update licensing version and dashboard
- Added the Payment Gateway for WooCommerce
- Added the shortcode [transfer_wallet_points] allowing to transfer points between wallets
- Fixed the performance of “Generate Missing Wallets”
- Fixed bug caused by missing function
- Updated licensing api support.
- Added automatic updates from plugin dashboard
- Replaced plugin admin interface including license activation and userguide
- Fixed bugs
- Added basic support for WooCommerce (ability of buying points with WooCommerce gateways)
- Fixed ordering of the transactions on the backend
- Fixed the bug with the points not being added correctly on the PayPal EDD transactions
- Changed the number of items in Dashboard lists to 10 per page from 5
- Added the edit links next to the page selects in options
- Fixed bug with EDD integration
- Fixed bug with output_buffering resulting with [cm_user_wallet] displaying twice
- Fixed the small bugs in the PayPal Payout functionality
- Fixed bug with missing constant
- Updated the Licensing API
- Cleaned up the old links in the plugin’s settings, about etc.
- Added the PayPal Payouts system
- Added the new options to setup the PayPal Payouts in Settings -> PayPal
- Added the new shortcode [cm_micropayment_points_to_paypal] allowing users to exchange their points for money
- Fixed bugs
- Improved license module
- Added the support for MultiSite WordPress installation
- Improved performance
- Fixed the XSS vulnerability in WordPress add_query_arg() and remove_query_arg() functions
- Fixed the problem with double wallets being created for the new users
- Added the option to override the Payment Gateways of Easy Digital Downloads
- Added the e-mail template for e-mails sent after the successful EDD purchase
- Fixed some bugs and notices
- Add shortcode to show points value in real currency
- Add shortcode and option to convert MicroPayments points to EDD coupon
- Add shortcode to show all users converted coupons
- Add option to earn points on purchasing EDD products
- Added support to ajax based transactions and integrate with CM Lessons Manager
- Added more support to purchases made using EDD and fix a bug
- Fixed warning/bug
- Add another email notification and fixed bug regarding added points
- Fix bugs with EDD integration
- Fix bug in points display
- Fix bug in EDD integration
- Fix bug in wallet messages
- Added option to show username in Wallet list
- Added support to use MicroPayments as an EDD payment option (user can now purchase using digital currency
- Added support within EDD to activate checkout gateway
- Added new filters
- Fixed bug with changing points from the admin site
- Added option to set an initial amount of point per user wallets
- Changed Warning Messages
- Added new Filters to support external plugins
- Integration with Easy Digital Downloads
- Added Demo plugins