WordPress MicroPayment Platform Solution Description
The Micropayment WordPress plugin adds in-site support for having your own “virtual currency” on your WordPress website. It also serves the purpose of having a comprehensive points management system on your WordPress website.
The purpose of the micropayment plugin is to allow web developers and administrators to provide and batch in-site transactions without requiring external payment processing for each purchase, making the customer payment process quicker & easier.
Developers can add points based features to their existing plugin or custom applications.
Points System MicroPayments SolutionThis WordPress virtual currency plugin supports small payments, paypal micropayments, automatic points, points management, and establishing a reputation as a reward site.
|Points Conversion Table Settings|
Working with the MicroPayment Platform for WordPress
After installing the WordPress payment plugin, every registered user is given his own micropayment wallet. Then, after the quick setup of the external Payment Gateway and the currency itself, customers can load their wallet (by purchasing the virtual currency) and use their wallet for in-site transactions as if it was a prepaid credit card.
The wallet and virtual currency solution can also be used with WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads cart system to purchase real products.
MicroPayment Integration with Easy Digital Downloads and WooCommerce
Using the Plugin with EDD (Easy Digital Downloads) or WooCommerce also supports purchasing of products and digital goods with virtual currency.
Users will need to load their wallet with enough virtual currency to support the purchase.
Using the WordPress MicroPayment Platform to Integrate with other Plugins
Developers can use the MicroPayment Platform to develop their own virtual payment solution by using any of the existing plugin modules.
The WordPress digital currency option plugin has many shortcodes and API methods which can be integrated and customized to work in use cases developed to meet user requirements.
Using the MicroPayment Platform Plugin for WordPress
- Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) – Integrate with EDD to support two methods: a payment gateway in which users can purchase products with digital currency and a way to purchase digital currency with real money.
In addition it supports adding bonus points when users purchase existing EDD products and supports converting MicroPayments points into discount codes
- WooCommerce – Integrate with WooCommerce to support two methods: a payment gateway in which users can purchase products with digital currency and a way to to purchase digital currency with real money.
Additionally it supports adding bonus points when users purchase existing WooCommerce products.
- Points Management – Points and virtual credit management system which can support community sites and any kind of in-site transaction.
- Virtual Currency – Creates a virtual money currency for your site and for your online community
MicroPayment Localization and Supported Languages
Adjusting Plugin LabelsAll frontend labels can be easily changed to any language so the user interface will speak your language
|Localizing the Labels in plugin settings|
MicroPayment Additional Plugin Resources
MicroPayment Platform for WordPress Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
|Virtual Wallet – Admin can manage website users’ virtual wallets. Admin can add or subtract virtual currency from wallets. Using API or shortcode you can also add or remove points from wallets.|
|Virtual Currency – Admin can define virtual currency units. Once defining the virtual currency you can define the plural and singular name for the currency and the conversion rate between real money and the virtual currency.|
|Wallet Management – Admin can add or subtract currency units from a wallet. This can be done manually for each wallet while leaving a note for each transaction or by uploading a CSV file containing all wallets and amount to be paid or charged|
|Transactions Report – Ability to show users a report of all transactions they’ve made with their wallet and show their point balance.|
|EDD Cart Integration – Integration with Easy Digital Downloads both as a payment gateway and as a checkout option to purchase virtual points. Users can purchase products using your virtual currency and their wallet. The MicroPayment can also appear as a checkout payment gateway so you can be paid at checkout using virtual currency.|
|WooCommerce Cart Integration – Integration with WooCommerce both as a payment gateway and as a checkout option to purchase virtual points. Users can purchase products using your virtual currency and their wallet. The MicroPayment can also appear as a checkout payment gateway so payment can be made at checkout using virtual currency.|
|Load your Virtual Wallet – Purchase virtual money with PayPal or with any EDD/WooCommerce supported payment gateway. Once virtual currency is purchased it is added to user virtual wallet|
|Convert Points to Real Money – Convert virtual currency to real money using PayPal. Admin can define the conversion rate. Money will be transferred to user from admin defined account.|
|Convert Points to Discounts – Convert virtual currency to an EDD or WooCommerce discount code to then use during checkout. The best way to reward site interactions.|
|Bonus Points – Users are paid points or virtual currency when purchasing real products. Admin can assign each WooCommerce or EDD product an amount to be paid to user once this product is purchased.|
|Preload Wallet – Automatically earn points or an initial amount of virtual currency when users signup.This is done once a new user signs up or when you initially install the plugin.|
|Points Managment – Administrators have full overview and control over all user balances and log entries. Admin can give or take points from any user, any time.|
|Transfer Points – Transfer points between users of your website or community by specifying their username. The ability to transfer points can be given to users using a shortcode which they can view in thier dashboard.|
|API – More advanced features include plugin filters that allow you to integrate MicroPayments with your site theme or other plugins and add or subtract virtual currency from user wallets.|
|MultiSite Environment – Share user wallet between multi site installations so they will all use the same wallet for the same username.|
|Export – Export all wallets to a CSV file with the user email and amount of virtual currency available|
|Import – Import from a CSV file a list of user-id or emails with an amount to add to each wallet. You can also add negative amounts or override wallet value|
|Recurring Deposits or Withdrawals – You can add to or subtract from each wallet a specified amount of currency every set number of days (week, month or X days)|
MicroPayment Platform Image Gallery
MicroPayment Platform Online Demo
|This demo shows the usage of a virtual wallet in paying for eLearning material using Pay Per Post plugin together with MicroPayment Plugin|
MicroPayments Platform Additional Addons and Modules
The following is a list of additional modules and addons which can be installed together with the MicroPayments plugin providing additional functionality
MicroPayment Integration with CreativeMinds Plugins
- Question & Answers – Supports CM Answers Q&A discussion forum that allows users to be charged or paid points for users posts or answers.
- Download Management – Supports CM Download Manager Pro allowing admin to charge points from users or let them earn points when they upload or download files.
- Pay Per View / Post – Supports CM Pay Per Post Pro gives admins the ability to charge virtual currency when users view a post or a group of posts.
- Video Lessons – Supports CM Video Lessons Manager Pro gives admins the ability to charge virtual currency when users view a group of videos (channel or a training session).
MicroPayment Platform Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
How does the plugin's checkout process take place when charging payments with real money?
CM MicroPayment has a built-in PayPal Express Checkout mechanism that charges payments via your customer’s Paypal account or via credit/debit card. For cases when that isn’t enough, you can easily integrate CM MicroPayment with the Easy Digital Downloads plugin or WooCommerce and have over 100 different payment gateways available for different sets of needs, such as paying by check, by phone, by bank transfer and more.
Will my users be able to exchange points among themselves?
Yes. Using a shortcode you can add an interface which include the option for user to send points to another user. Also in the settings panel, you can determine which actions performed by your users will enable them to gain more points and which will result in a deduction of points, depending on the features available on your site. For example, if you’re integrating Micropayments with CM Downloads manager, users may charge points for downloading a file they uploaded, and use them later for downloading files uploaded by others. This way, a new layer of virtual money is added to your site, allowing users to exchange points and trade virtual goods between them.
Does this Plugin work with WooCommerce?
Yes, we have added WooCommerce integration. Micropayments can use the WooCommerce checkout and can also apply points when WooCommerce purchases are made.
Can customers receive payment confirmation emails when they use Micropayments?
Can Micropayments support Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin?
Can Micropayments allow me to automatically give my premium users credits each month?
Version 1.4.21 8th Feb 2018
- Feature: Added the user selection to the [transfer_wallet_points] shortcode when the user-wallet assignment is enabled
Version 1.4.20 30th Jan 2018
- Fixed PHP error with preparing SQL string.
- Updated licensing library.
Version 1.4.18 18th Nov 2017
- Fixed the labels in [transfer_wallet_points] shortcode
- Removed the Wallet From in the [transfer_wallet_points] shortcode
- Updated the licensing package
Version 1.4.16 10th Sep 2017
- Fixed the problem with the transaction links on the https pages
Version 1.4.15 25th Aug 2017
- Added the ability to remove the pending transactions from PayPal history
Version 1.4.14 18th Aug 2017
- Fixed the value calculation for [cm_user_balance_value] shortcode
Version 1.4.13 6th July 2017
- Added the option to replace the default currency with the points for WooCommerce
- Added the option to replace the default currency with the points for Easy Digital Downloads
- Minor bug fixes
Version 1.4.12 1st July 2017
- Added the option to remove all wallets
- Fixed the bug with searching the wallets by user login
- Added the support for WooCommerce Membership
- Fixed small bugs
Version 1.4.11 12th June 2017
- Small bug fixed
Version 1.4.10 24th May 2017
- Fixed bugs with Adding the points
Version 1.4.9 14th May 2017
- Added the option to disable anonymous payments
- Added the support for new AddOn
- Updated the Licensing Package
- Added the option for Periodic Cron operations
Version 1.4.8 6th April 2017
- Fixed the problem with the function redeclaration
Version 1.4.7 23rd March 2017
- Fixed bugs with WooCommerce integration
- Made some UI improvements in shortcodes layouts
Version 1.4.6 21st Feb 2017
Added the option to change the label for the WooCommerce checkout button
Version 1.4.5 29th December 2016
- Added support for changing the label of MicroPayment at checkout
Version 1.4.4 29th December 2016
- Added the option to import the wallets and grant points
- Added the option to import the wallets and set amount of points
- Added the option to export the existing wallets
- Added the option to charge / earn points automatically every X days
Version 1.4.1 28th September 2016
- Fixed JS bug in Wallet dashboard page
Version 1.4.0 24th August 2016
- Added the option to disable the built-in PayPal
- Fixed the bugs on Notification tab in settings
- Moved the available filters from Installation Guide to Shortcodes tab
- Fixed small bugs
Version 1.3.11 23rd August 2016
- Fixed the bug with the EDD Gateway renaming
Version 1.3.10 10th August 2016
- Fixed the problem with the EDD Payment Gateway
- Fix issues related to MultiSite environment
Version 1.3.9 2nd Aug 2016
- Fixed many notices in Points Adding screens when no currency was selected
- Fixed some bugs in PayPal Payouts
- Improved the error reporting for PayPal Payouts
Version 1.3.8 28th July 2016
- Added the support for virtual currency units in Easy Digital Downloads
- Added the support for virtual currency units in WooCommerce
- Improved the support for MultiSite
- Fixed the bug with the PayPal Payouts
- Updated platform version
Version 1.3.7 13th July 2016
- Added the option to export the wallets list to CSV
- Added the option to generate the WooCommerce discounts
Version 1.3.6 22th May 2016
- Update licensing version and dashboard
Version 1.3.5 21st April 2016
- Added the Payment Gateway for WooCommerce
- Added the shortcode [transfer_wallet_points] allowing to transfer points between wallets
- Fixed the performance of “Generate Missing Wallets”
Version 1.3.4 4th April 2016
- Fixed bug caused by missing function
Version 1.3.3 20th March 2016
- Updated licensing api support.
Version 1.3.2 25th Feb 2016
- Added automatic updates from plugin dashboard
- Replaced plugin admin interface including license activation and userguide
Version 1.3.2 14th Feb 2016
- Fixed bugs
Version 1.3.1 15th Dec 2015
- Added basic support for WooCommerce (ability to buy points with WooCommerce gateways)
- Fixed ordering of the transactions on the backend
- Fixed the bug with the points not being added correctly on the PayPal EDD transactions
- Changed the number of items in Dashboard lists to 10 per page from 5
- Added the edit links next to the page selects in options
Version 1.3.0 10th Nov 2015
- Fixed bug with EDD integration
Version 1.2.9 5th Oct 2015
- Fixed bug with output_buffering resulting with [cm_user_wallet] displaying twice
- Fixed the small bugs in the PayPal Payout functionality
Version 1.2.8 25th Sep 2015
- Fixed bug with missing constant
- Updated the Licensing API
- Cleaned up the old links in the plugin’s settings, about etc.
- Added the PayPal Payouts system
- Added the new options to setup the PayPal Payouts in Settings -> PayPal
- Added the new shortcode [cm_micropayment_points_to_paypal] allowing users to exchange their points for money
Version 1.2.7 11th Aug 2015
- Fixed bugs
- Improved license module
Version 1.2.6 11th July 2015
- Added the support for MultiSite WordPress installation
- Improved performance
Version 1.2.5 22nd April 2015
- Fixed the XSS vulnerability in WordPress add_query_arg() and remove_query_arg() functions
- Fixed the problem with double wallets being created for the new users
Version 1.2.4 14th April 2015
- Added the option to override the Payment Gateways of Easy Digital Downloads
- Added the e-mail template for e-mails sent after the successfull EDD purchase
- Fixed some bugs and notices
Version 1.2.3 17th Mar 2015
- Add shortcode to show points value in real currency
- Add shortcode and option to convert MicroPayments points to EDD coupon
- Add shortcode to show all users converted coupons
- Add option to earn points on purchasing EDD products
Version 1.2.2 24th Feb 2015
- Added support to ajax based transactions and integrate with CM Lessons Manager
Version 1.2.1 10th Feb 2015
- Added more support to purchases made using EDD and fix a bug
Version 1.2.0 30th Jan 2015
- Fixed warning/bug
Version 1.1.9 09 Jan 2015
- Add another email notification and fixed bug regarding added points
Version 1.1.8 26 Nov 2014
- Fix bugs with EDD integration
Version 1.1.5 08 Sep 2014
- Fix bug in points display
- Fix bug in EDD integration
- Fix bug in wallet messages
- Added option to show username in Wallet list
Version 1.1.4 05 Sep 2014
- Added support to use MicroPayments as an EDD payment option (user can now purchase using digital currency
- Added support within EDD to activate checkout gateway
- Added new filters
Version 1.1.3 30th July 2014
- Fixed bug with changing points from the admin site
- Added option to set an initial amount of point per user wallets
Version 1.1.2 20th July 2014
- Changed Warning Messages
Version 1.1.1 07th July 2014
- Added new Filters to support external plugins
Version 1.1 25th June 2014
- Integration with Easy Digital Downloads
- Added Demo plugins