Google Maps Locations Plugin Description
The Google Maps Locations plugin allows users to place a location or point of interest on a Google map together with relevant information for this location such as description, images, video, searchable markers, and full address including zip code.
Customize WordPress Location Finder Icons Based on Location Category or make athem Specific for each Location
Support Store Locator, Restaurant Guide, Mapping and more
Searching map locations can be done by zip code or any other relevant filters which are set by admin.
Importing and Exporting Locations for the WordPress Mapping Plugin
Showing Location Information On the Maps WordPress Plugin
Using WordPress Google Maps Location Manager Plugin
- Google Maps Mapping – Use Google Maps integration and Google Maps navigation to place your location
- Custom Map with all Available Locations – Show an interactive custom map with all locations each having its own icon
- Advanced Search Support – Search map locations by keywords, zip, address or browse by categories
- Store Locater Solution – Use our interactive custom map plugin as a store location solution or to create a store map for a particular area
- Search by Distance – Search by distance from a zip code to show all relevant locations
Using with the Google Maps Routes Manager
Using with the Business Directory with the Custom Maps Plugin
Using the location manager together with the business directory plugin allows you to combine both routes and trails and custom map locations on a single map.
Location Manager Localization and Supported Languages
Locations Map LocalizationAll frontend labels can be easily changed to any language so the user interface will speak your language. This also includes adjusting the terms used to match your use case.
|Location Plugin Labels Settings|
Location Manager Additional Plugin Resources
Google Map Locations Plugin Features
|Place a location on a Google Map – Plugin use Google Maps as the base for placing location marks. You can choose to display the location on Google Terrain, Satellite or regular Map layout.|
|Location Images – Each location can have several images together with a detailed description.|
|Location Index – All locations can be displayed in an index page listing all available locations. Locations can be filtered by several parameters. Index page includes both a map with all available locations and a textual list.|
|Supports Google Maps navigation – User current location while using a mobile app can be shown on the custom map along the marked location. User can request for navigation information to the location if available.|
|Display Templates – Choose between several display templates to support use cases such as a store locator, store list, store map, point of interest and more.|
|Import and Export Locations – Import and export locations using KML, GPX or CSV format.|
|Categories – Place locations in categories and assign a unique icon for each category. Filter and display locations by category.|
|Location Icon – Override location category icon with a unique icon per each specific location or upload your own icon.|
|Images and videos – Images and videos can be added to each location.|
|Shortcodes – Several shortcodes are supported. Shortcodes can be embedded in posts and show a single location, a unique map with all locations in a category, and more.|
|Tags – Tags can be added to locations and allow filtering of locations by tag.|
|Search – Searching locations supports: description, zip code, addresses and locations name.|
|Search by Radius – Support for searching a defined radius from a postal code in any country. Can use the web browser’s geolocation API.|
|Access control – Set which role can create or view locations.|
|Translate text labels – Easily modify all text labels and messages in the plugin settings.|
|User Dashboard – Allow user to see all their posted locations in a dashboard. Let him add new locations or control the status of existing.|
|Moderation and Notifications – Let admin moderate user location postings. Send notification to admin when a new location is posted and waiting for moderation. The user receives a notification when location posting is accepted.|
|Weather information – Weather information is shown near each location.|
|Maps Routes integration – Integrates with the CM Maps Routes Manager plugin to show both locations and routes on a joint custom map.|
|Business Directory integration – Integrates with the CM Maps Routes Manager plugin to show both locations and routes on a joint custom map.|
|GDPR Compliant – Provides tools that let users have full control over their data, assisting the admin with data regulations compliance. Learn more.|
Map Location Manager Editions and Pricing
|Place Locations on Google map|
|Add description and images to each location|
|Show all routes on a unique map|
|Location display templates|
|Import and export from CSV/KML/GPX|
|Search location using zip, radius and text|
|Set icon per each location|
|Location moderation and notifications|
|Option to share location map|
|Routes Manager plugin included|
|PeepSo integration addons included (routes+locations)|
|Routes Custom fields addon included|
|Location anonymous posting included|
|Routes anonymous posting included|
|Strava integration included|
|BuddyPress integration included|
Map Locations Glossary Additional Addons and Modules
The following is a list of additional modules and addons which can be installed together with the Map Locations plugin to provide additional functionality
Location Manager Related Plugins
Map Locations Frequently Asked Questions
How many locations can be added to the plugin?
Can I import locations into the plugin?
Can I move all my locations from one site to another?
How many images can be added for each location?
Is it possible to replace the pointers / icons for locations?
Can site visitors search for map locations using postcode / zip code?
Map Locations Demo
|View of all locations – You can search by keywords or filter by categories|
|Single location description and map – Includes all related information relevant to the locations, including address, zip code, images, video, description and also weather information|
|Using shortcodes– Using a shortcode to display both locations and routes of a specific category|
|Using shortcodes– Using a shortcode to display a map with all businesses together with the CM Business Directory|
Map Locations Image Gallery
Customer Reviews for the Location Manager
Version 2.1.4 6th Nov 2018
- Added google map help link in setting section
Version 2.1.3 28th Oct 2018
- Bugfix in import feature
Version 2.1.2 21st Oct 2018
- Improved embed feature css
Version 2.1.1 15th Oct 2018
- Changes related to the Business Directory integration: Improvement
Version 2.1.0 8th Oct 2018
Version 2.0.9 30th Sep 2018
- Added CSS for mobile to make more responsive
- Improved moderation process
- Improved search process
- Bugfix related to route proximity order
- Bugfix related to trash by moderator
- Bugfix related to widgets
Version 2.0.8 13th Sep 2018
Added new attribute “categoryfilterautoselect” at shortcode cmmrm-cmloc-common-map
Version 2.0.7 30th Aug 2018
- Fixed bug related to filter variable
Version 2.0.6 24th Aug 2018
- Added filter for anonymous locations posting terms of service
- Updated license package
Version 2.0.5 23rd Aug 2018
- Change location author name support
Version 2.0.4 27th July 2018
- Added remove icon option in add/edit location form
- Added support to filter work with pinpoints inside the clusters in cmmrm-cmloc-common-map shortcode
- Updated license package
Version 2.0.3 13th July 2018
- Fixed bug related to upload icon in add/edit location form
Version 2.0.2 12th July 2018
- Added maps, routes categories in filters at shortcode cmmrm-close-common-map
Version 2.0.1 8th July 2018
- Fixed bug in shortcode cmloc-locations-map
- Fixed bug in menu widget
Version 2.0.0 4th July 2018
- Added validation on add/edit location
Version 1.9.9 3rd July 2018
- Fixed location bug in shortcode
Version 1.9.8 14th June 2018
- Fixed bug in shortcode cmmrm-cmloc-common-map
Version 1.9.7 10th June 2018
- Added GDPR support
Version 1.9.5 22nd May 2018
- Fixed bug with duplicated fields and wp action names.
- Fixed typos.
- Removed Japanese temple symbol from icons.
- Fixed geolocation popup message issue.
- Changes related to the Custom Fields Addon.
Version 1.9.3 22nd Apr 2018
- Loading info window content by AJAX for the optimization reasons.
Version 1.9.2 21st Feb 2018
- Fixed bug with map not showing in the shortcode cmloc-location-map.
- Fixed bug with map not showing up on the index page for only one location.
Version 1.9.1 20th Feb 2018
- Fixed issue with map’s marker clustering.
- Fixed issue with labels.
Version 1.9.0 19th Feb 2018
- Added map embedding feature.
- Fixed mixed content (https) problem with the Google Maps icons.
- Updated the Shortcodes page.
- Added printable CSS.
- Added search widget.
- Added loader when uploading an image.
- Added option to hide the Google Places on the map.
- Added ordering location from the current user’s location.
- Added ordering by rating.
- CSS improvements.
Version 1.8.0 22nd Jan 2018
- Fixed automatic permalink updates.
- Added an ability to manually set map zoom.
- Business Directory Integration: Added an ability to set business location coordinates manually.
- Updated licensing library.
Version 1.7.4 6th Dec 2017
- Fixed showing the website address instead of the email address in the location info window.
- Updated licensing library.
Version 1.7.3 25th Sep 2017
- Fixed typo in labels.
- Changes related to new addon: anonymous locations posting.
Version 1.7.2 3rd Sep 2017
- Changes related to the Business Directory integration: added the zip code radius filter.
Version 1.7.1 11th July 2017
- Fixed CSS issue in the index page layout.
Version 1.7.0 6th June 2017
- Added shortcode information: my-locations-table
- Introducing new image upload method that doesn’t require Media Library access nor upload_files capability from the regular users.
- Added option to prevent mouse scrolling on the map until user click it.
Version 1.6.2 6th June 2017
- Updated licensing package.
- Changes related to the PeepSo addon.
Version 1.6.1 25th April 2017
- Fixed filtering by author in a map shortcode.
Version 1.6.0 13th April 2017
- Added moderation and notifications features.
- Added media library access option.
- Added option to choose the location’s icon size.
- Added option for the location title label.
- Added new shortcode: my-locations-table
- Closing info window when escape key pressed.
- New organization of the settings page tabs.
- Changes related with the Peepso integration addon.
Version 1.5.0 6th April 2017
Version 1.4.1 30th March 2017
- Fixed issue with the geolocation timeout.
Version 1.4.0 14th March 2017
- Added option to not embed the Google API to avoid conflicts with the Geodirectory.
- Added markers clustering for index map.
- Added API configuration check button.
Version 1.3.4 24th Jan 2017
- Fixed remote connections issue.
Version 1.3.3 9th Jan 2017
- Fixed PHP error.
Version 1.3.2 26th Oct 2016
Version 1.3.1 30th Sep 2016
- Performance optimization improvements
Version 1.3.0 30th Aug 2016
- Added searching by ZIP code with a radius parameter on the index page.
- Added an option to use the web browser’s geolocation API to search by the ZIP code.
- Added an option to change the default location marker icon.
- Fixed a JS error.
Version 1.2.5 27th July 2016
- Updated licensing api support..
Version 1.2.4 20th June 2016
- Fixed bug with inserting images to the location.
Version 1.2.3 15th June 2016
- Added option to show current user’s location using the browser’s Geolocation API.
- Added new parameters for the cmmrm-cmloc-common-map: path=1 and categoryfilter=1.
- Fixed CM Business Directory map shortcode.
Version 1.2.2 8th June 2016
- Fix bug in integration with the business directory
Version 1.2.1 3rd June 2016
- Fixed issue with including page templates from child theme.
- Fixed issue with map not being displayed on the edit page.
Version 1.2.0 2nd June 2016
- Added CSV import feature.
Version 1.1.2 1st June 2016
- Added option to show map on the index page for CM Business Directory Pro plugin.
Version 1.1.1 25th May 2016
- Added option to change the default map type: roadmap, satellite, terrain, hybrid.
- Added option to set the custom map icon URL for the CM Business Directory Pro plugin categories.
- Display adjustments.
Version 1.1.0 24th May 2016
- Fixed bug with pagination
- Fixed licensing dashboard
Version 1.0.18 19th April 2016
- Fixed PHP error.
- Fixed is_home issue.
- Fixed settings issue.
Version 1.0.19 28th April 2016
- Fixed settings issue.
- Fixed issue with adding image to location.
- Fixed PHP bug.
- Fixed is_home issue for some themes.
Version 1.0.17 13th April 2016
- Fixed issues related to new WordPress version 4.5
Version 1.0.16 5th April 2016
- Added support for phone number
- Added support for location website address
Version 1.0.15 20th March 2016
- Updated licensing api support.
Version 1.0.14 1th Mar 2016
- Fixed the licensing issue causing the AJAX didn’t work.
Version 1.0.13 7th Mar 2016
- Added option to use rich text editor or simple editor for the location description.
Version 1.0.12 3rd Mar 2016
- Added search by zip and state
Version 1.0.10 01th Mar 2016
- Fixed bug after last version preventing map from showing
Version 1.0.8 25th Feb 2016
- Added automatic updates from plugin dashboard
- Replaced plugin admin interface including license activation and user guide
Version 1.0.4 22nd Feb 2016
- Integration with CM Business Directory.
- Added new shortcode cmloc-business.
- Added user uploaded icons per location.
Version 1.0.3 25th Jan 2016
- Added new parameters to the map shortcode. Made category param optional.
- Displaying paginated locations list in the map shortcode.
- Updated licensing api support.
Version 1.0.2 24th December 2015
- Added option to choose a page template for the front-end.
- Added option to change the index page ordering.
- Added option to include location description in the tooltip.
- Added option to show tooltip when clicking on the list.
Version 1.0.1 24th November 2015
- Added notification when the widget is not placed in sidebar
- Added notification when Google API key is not set