WordPress Course Catalog LMS Plugin WordPress Plugin
The Course Catalog LMS plugin provides a wide range of features to start classes without have the students come into a real classroom.
Easily create courses, organize courses into categories, add Google maps, course address, wide descriptions, images and more!
Three Course Catalog Templates
The catalog has customizable style and three distinct views:
Show or Hide InformationThis Learning Management System plugin allows you to hide the syllabus, additional information, picture gallery and attachments if the user is not registered.
|Limited Course Page|
Organize courses within larger categories, like “Languages” or “Coding” so users will find more programs.
Send Email Reports and Customize LabelsWith the Learning Management System you can add courses for international students in different languages. Just translate labels and add content in preferred languages.
|Email Reports in the Backend|
Once users are registered to any course, both admin and users get email reports about their registration.
Using the Course Catalog LMS WordPress Plugin
- Add Courses – Easily set up and organize each lesson with detailed information
- Organize Offer – Use categories, tags and custom taxonomies to structure your school
- Control Access – Define who has access to the Syllabus, Additional Information, Picture Gallery and Attachments
- Customize Interface – Choose the look and feel of your catalog. Apply custom CSS if needed
- Translate Interface – Change each Front-End text from the settings screen. No coding required
- Export Data – Edit all data using other software by generating a CSV file
Use Case Examples
- Online School – Provide a glimpse of some of your music, coding, marketing or other online lessons
- College Website – Show your prospective students what each program offers. Display the syllabus only to registered users
- Course Hub – Curate educational resources about a single coming from many websites, and concentrate them on single list
Course Catalog LMS Plugin Additional Resources
WordPress Course Catalog LMS Plugin Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this WordPress course plugin.
|Course Pages – Each course has its own detailed page linked automatically to the dashboard|
|Rich Information – Pages have short and long descriptions, banners, period information, image and video gallery, and files attachments|
|Google Map and Address – Add a Google Map to the Course Page based on its address||Detailed Course Information – Add number of participants, course tutors, total number of hours, course price|
|Taxonomies – Add customized categories such as Course Type, Location, Required Degree, Age Group and more|
|Hide Information – Show certain course information only to registered users or logged in users|
|Course Statistics – Show statistics and define who have access to them|
|Customize Course Page Colors – Design course pages in your own way by adding colors to each box on the page|
|Additional Fields – Create additional fields to the course page with its labels, icons, and positions on the page|
|Ratings – Let users rate your course pages with a 1 to 5 star system|
|Three Views – Choose between the fancy catalog view, the classic tile view or the straightforward list view|
|Multiple Catalogs – Organize your courses into different catalogs and show them anywhere|
|Course Categories List – Add categories to collect similar courses in one place|
|SEO-Ready – All catalog is connected and linked, making it easy to create SEO-boosting content||Nofollow Links – Make all external links nofollow with a single option|
|Search and Filter – Search and filter courses by keywords, location, lecturer, start month, category and custom taxonomies|
|Add Anywhere – Apply the catalog anywhere with handy shortcodes|
|Import/Export – Download or upload a CSV file with all course information to edit it externally or switch sites|
|Custom Style – Apply CSS to make sure the catalog and course pages look exactly as you want|
|Email Reports – Send email notifications to admin and users about registration and course changes|
|Course Tags – Create tags to search courses on the Frontend|
|Translate – Change all labels to fit your desired language or style, no coding required|
Course Catalog Plugin Add-Ons
Course Catalog LMS – Course Page on the Frontend
Course Catalog LMS – Course Catalog Frontend Views
Course Catalog LMS – Settings – Backend
Course Catalog Plugin Demo
|Browse course catalog – Six courses with rich unique pages showcase the LMS potential|
WordPress Course Catalog Plugin Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
Why do I need this plugin?
If you are planning to create a directory of courses or lessons, including detailed information about each offer, the Course Catalog LMS plugin is a perfect fit.
It provides easy content creation and management, ensuring your directory is easy to maintain and expand
Is there a limit to the number of courses I can create?
No, this class registration wordpress plugin doesn’t set any limit.
How can I organize my courses? Can I use custom taxonomies?
It’s easy! You can use customized categories and create your own taxonomies.
You can then show different catalogs in your site, each with different categories and taxonomies.
Learn more: Course Catalog LMS Taxonomies.
I have way too many courses. Can users search or filter the catalog?
My courses are really specific. Can I add custom fields such as 'required'
You can create up to five custom fields with icons that apply to all courses. You can’t add custom fields for each course.
Learn more: Course Catalog custom fields.
You can also create custom taxonomies such as “Target audience” that apply to all courses.
Learn more: Course Catalog custom taxonomies.
The difference between custom fields and taxonomies is that you custom fields can have icons, while taxonomies can be used to filter courses and appear in the course periods table of each course page.
Learn more: Course Catalog – Organizing courses.
Can I import the list of courses from another software?
Learn more and download a sample CSV file: CourseDirectory – Import and Export With JSON And CSV.
Can I translate this plugin?
Questions About Videos
Can I add videos to each course?
Yes. You can add video links and YouTube and Vimeo links will show as embedded, meaning the users can watch them in a pop-up window, without leaving the page.
Can I actually host my video courses and manage students with this plugin?
You can register students and show content only to those who enrolled, but this WordPress course plugin works mainly as catalog.
If you are looking to create video courses like in Udemy or Coursera, we suggest that you check our WordPress LMS Plugin – Video Course E-Learning plugin.
Can I integrate Course Catalog with the Video Lessons Manager plugin?
There is no specific setting connecting the plugins.
However, the Course Catalog allows you to show some information only to registered users. So you can, for instance, add lessons from Video Lesson Manager in these information fields
Learn more: Course Catalog – Who can see what.
Version 1.2.0 09th Nov 2020
- Added field for link to course periods
- Fix saving course date in correct format
Version 1.1.9 22nd Sep 2020
- Added allowed get params list to detect plugin params
Version 1.1.8 21st Sep 2020
- Fixed bug related to sending email notifications
Version 1.1.7 6th Aug 2020
- Fix prepare user data for email reporting
Version 1.1.6 3rd Aug 2020
- Added option in each course not to show the available dates section
- Added option to show/hide number of course in catalog page
Version 1.1.5 14th July 2020
- Fixed import/export: Added loader-gif, hide submit button and added text info when import data.
- Fix Dashboard students data.
- Added Course Address
Version 1.1.4 4th July 2020
- Added the support for custom fields in the email from builders in Student Form and Waiting List
Version 1.1.3 27th June 2020
- Fix back link for category and for course
- Added options to show-hide data publish and data update on the Course Page
- Added description for Course Price
- Purchase Confirmation Page: show course name, removed ‘No downloadable files found’ text
- Implemented Multiple catalog (also possibility to tie terms with catalog from term edit page)
- Added Course name on the Confirmation Page
- Style fixes
- Added label location to course widget
- Fixed categories sorting
- Processing hook ‘wp_mail_failed’ to catch wp_mail errors.
- Show text input for City in Address metabox on Course Edit Page if Custom Taxonomy 4 is disabled or empty
Version 1.1.1 27th May 2020
- Fixed the bug in the Settings
Version 1.1.0 26th May 2020
- Added new option type – action button. Action button for applying Default template for all courses
- Added options to show course featured image for each view
- Fixed problem with Disabled or Missing EDD plugin
- Support multiple separate catalogs on the same page
- Changed option type for cmcc_course_page_widget_fields field
- Added the import/export for students/reports/waiting lists
- Added the Database tab for cleaning different parts of database
- Added options to assign all 4 custom taxonomies to each of Periods
- Implemented sorting for Dashboard registration table
- Rewrote functionality of including CustomCSS from settings
- Add featured image to course
- Add option to show/hide image, option to set image placeholder
- Fixed bug – implement filter by location plugin data
- Fixed bug – show empty row of periods
- Always show settings dependent on other plugins
- Added ability to hide or add course information displayed on the Course Schedule
- Added in a new column for Term
- Added new type of setting — dragdropmultisort type
- Added option in the setting to hide expired periods after N days after the starting date has passed
- Added support for ‘the back to catalog link’ in each course – this means that the admin can change the link in a field found in the course edit screen
- Fixed showing location link
- Fixed labels for course period table
- Added tooltip for location
- Added ability to show/hide location column if ‘CM Map Locations’ plugin enabled/disabled
Version 1.0.2 from 30th Nov 2019
- Small bugfixes
Version 1.0.0 13th Jan 2020
- First Release