VidLMS Video Learning Plugin Description
The CM Video Lessons Manager for WordPress is a great e-learning plugin to create a video based learning environment on your WordPress site. If you’ve been searching for a way to sell online courses like other video course websites similar to Udemy, but directly from WordPress – here is the solution!
This e-learning plugin organizes your video content so you can upload video lessons and courses and view progress reports for each student and course all on one dashboard.
With our suite of add-ons, you can further enhance your course with gamification through customized quizzes and issue certificates of course completion. Sell your e-course using WooCommerce or an Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) payment gateway or even with a virtual currency solution like CM MicroPayments.
VidLMS Use Case Examples
- Create Video Tutorials – Create video tutorials about your products and provide detailed information to the users.
- Private Lessons – Forget about giving live lessons to your students, instead, record videos once and sell them on your website.
- Earn On Lessons – Profit from your skills and create courses on Coding, Dance & Singing etc to earn passive income.
How to Use The WordPress Video LMS Plugin
- Connect Vimeo or Wistia to the plugin
- Import your videos and organize them into lessons and courses
- Include rich description to each video or lesson page
- Add links of your lessons pages and course listing to your site’s menu
- Charge users for access (requires payments add-on)
- Create a LMS in WordPress such as Udemy and Coursera
Watch our online WordPress video tutorial library, to see the CM Video Lessons Manager plugin in action!
Importing and manage video courses from external sources
Use this WordPress e-learning plugin to manage online course video content uploaded and organized on private Vimeo or Wistia video channels.
You can display video lessons on any page or post using shortcode, allowing users to view the video content, comment, bookmark, search by content and receive progress updates for each video lesson.
LMS Theme Compatibility: Divi, Avada, Enfold
The Video Lessons Manager plugin has been thoroughly tested with all major themes. As such, it is compatible with Divi, Avada, Enfold and other known themes.
Using the Video LMS Plugin for Pay-Per-View Lessons
The Payments add-on boosts Video Lessons Manager, allowing you to sell access to videos. Supports WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads (EDD).
WordPress LMS Course Builder Layouts and Templates
Admins can change the layout according to the use case and choose from several different layouts on separate pages via shortcode. Within each layout there are several parameters to control such as appearance of the search bar, lesson dropbox, and width of video tile display.
The Student’s eLearning Dashboard
This e-learning plugin comes with a student dashboard which can include all information related to the students’ video courses in one view. You can also include information coming from other plugins using shortcode.
The Complete eCourse Solution: Quiz, Certificate, and Digital Course Material
To further extend the Video Lessons Manager plugin capabilities, install the CM Download Manager Plugin to incorporate downloadable files with your online course content.
The Video Lessons Manager Certificate Add-on lets you create personalized certificates of completion for users. Certificates can be automatically or manually generated and are fully customizable.
The Video Lessons Manager Quiz Add-on lets you build multiple choice quizzes with embedded video or image content. Restrict the number of attempts allowed, define an acceptable passing score, and track quiz results on the student’s course progress report.
With these plugins, you can develop every aspect of an ecourse, complete with content drip, gamification, quizzes, and certificates, while displaying a list of all videos and files for each course on the student dashboard.
Use with the CM Registration and Invitation Codes Plugin
A perfect pairing with the CM Registration and Invitation Codes Plugin, with this plugin you can invite students to register and gain access to the student dashboard using a personalized registration code.
VidLMS Lessons Manager Plugin Localization and Supported Languages
All frontend labels can be easily changed to any language so the user interface will speak your language.
VidLMS Plugin Additional Resources
WordPress VidLMS Course Builder Basic Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
|Vimeo and Wistia – This WP Plugin supports videos hosted on Vimeo or Wistia. Admin can use any videos hosted including private videos.|
|LMS Statistics and Reports – Show progress reports per user, lesson, course, and videos viewed. Report which video was watched by each user, total video views, and the amount of time watched. This ￼allows you to track your most popular content and assess course effectiveness.￼View Screenshot: Video Lessons Manager Front-end Statistics.|
|User Notes – Allow users to add personal notes for each video they watch. Notes are then available only to the user who created the note.|
|Bookmarks – Allow users to bookmark specific videos. Admin can add a shortcode to the user dashboard so users can view all their bookmarked videos.|
|File Attachments – Add file attachments to each video or course.|
|Localization and Labeling – This LMS plugin for WordPress lets admin edit plugin labels and messages, letting you customize your LMS to fit your own language or terminology.|
|Search Videos – Search videos in courses or lessons, by video title, description and user notes.|
|Video Lessons Layouts – Supports several view layouts for each lesson. The admin can choose the layout on a per lesson basis.|
|LMS Student Dashboard – The student dashboard allows students to track progress, show bookmarks, show paid lessons and more.|
|LMS Notification Support – Supports admin email notifications about each students’ progress. For example when a student has finished watching a video or a lessons or a course.|
|Course Certificates – Give each student a certificate upon completion of a lesson or course (with the purchase of the Certificates Addon).|
|CPD Hours – Add CPD (Continuous Professional Development) Hours to each lesson.|
|Lesson Quiz – Build quizzes for each lesson to test the understanding of course curriculum before students complete the course (with purchase of the Quiz Addon). Quiz questions are customizable and can include video and images, and can be answered using customizable multiple choice options.|
|Course Payments – Set a price for watching lessons or videos (once integrated with CM MicroPayments or Video Manager Direct Payments ). You can charge a pay-per-￼view rate for each video lesson or create customizable payment schemes within different time intervals for students to view course content, payable through Easy Digital Downloads payment gateways. View Screenshot: Video Lessons Manager Payment Option. You can also combine multiple LMS courses and sell.|
|LMS Access Control – Restrict watching the videos to logged-in users and block ￼￼￼anonymous users from watching. View Screenshot: Video Lessons Manager API Keys Settings|
|Restrict By Time – Restrict video access by time per user or lesson. When a user exceeds their viewing limit, access will be blocked and a warning will display with option to renew.|
|Video Lessons Shortcodes – Numerous shortcodes are available, allowing you to display a lesson / course / specific video and the user dashboard anywhere on your LMS.|
Compare the VidLMS WordPress Plugin to other WordPress LMS plugins:
VidLMS Plugin Editions and Pricing
|Feature||Pro Edition||Deluxe Edition||Ultimate Edition|
|Read Vimeo Private Videos|
|Create Multiple Lessons|
|Shortcode to Include video List|
|History and Statistics|
|Pay for Viewing|
Video LMS Plugin Additional Addons and Modules
When installed together with the Video Lessons Manager plugin, the following modules and addons provide additional functionality.
VidLMS Related Plugins and Integrations
VidLMS Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
How do you modify the order of videos displayed on the course page?
Can I set up a pay-per-view channel for one night only?
Yes. You can set up a pay-per-view option for any defined amount of time. You can also include multiple option so user can choose between one night and one week for example. Note that it requires the Payments add-on.
Is there any limit to video length?
The plugin does not have any restriction as for the amount of videos or the length of each. If you have a Vimeo Pro account you probably can also upload extremely long videos and serve them using the plugin
Can this video WordPress plugin be used for teaching coursework or video training?
Yes, This LMS plugin can be used for internal training videos and improve video learning experience of the students or users.
Does this LMS Plugin have a free version?
Yes,This is one of the best Free LMS WordPress Plugins. You can download the free version here and upgrade to the Pro anytime.
Does this WordPress LMS plugin have BuddyPress or bbPress integrations ?
No, This WordPress LMS plugin does not integrate with BuddyPress or bbPress.
Do I have to use a virtual currency or can I also use regular payments?
Can I embed Youtube videos in my online course page?
No. Currently, the plugin only works with Vimeo private channels, which are available with Vimeo pro accounts. Even if you do embed Youtube videos, they will not be exclusive to your course page and will not be able to display all the additional features of the plugin, such as student notes and progress reports.
WP Video LMS Plugin Demo
Watch the video clips below to see each Video Lessons Manager feature in action, or try them out yourself on our demo site!
MAIN VIDEO LESSON MANAGER FEATURES
LMS USER MANAGEMENT
ADDONS AND ADVANCED FEATURES
EXAMPLES OF SITES USING VIDEO LESSONS MANAGER
VidLMS Plugin Image Gallery
Customer Reviews for VidLMS – Video LMS Courses WordPress Plugin
- Perfect for online classesWith a quick set up I was able to organize (and monetize) all my online classes. Thank you!
- Great support and very interesting possibilitiesAfter a few problems with the setup, staff from Creative has helped me a lot to achieve what I was looking for. I would definetely recommend this plugin as a pro user!!!
- Very useful and easy to work withVery useful and easy to work with
- Really good extensionUsually, I’m not commenting extensions, but this one I need to. I’m web developer and most of the sites I created for clients are based on WordPress. Sometime ago, I needed to create online curse page and I used this extension. Now, client is very happy, He loves statistic in this plugin, and pre-paid channels.As a developer, I recommend this extensions. It’s very useful and easy to use.
VidLMS Plugin Release Notes
Version 3.2.4 from 21st July 2019
- Improved cmvl-courses-list shortcode output
Version 3.2.3 from 29th June 2019
- Added view=”square” parameter in
Version 3.2.2 from 8th June 2019
- Added wpautop to channel description
- Updated package 1.8.9
Version 3.2.1 from 21st Mar 2019
- Bugfix related to CPD feature
Version 3.2.0 from 17th Mar 2019
- Added CPD (Continued Professional Development) hours option within each lesson
Version 3.1.9 from 4th Mar 2019
- Added show icons for files settings
Version 3.1.8 from 27th Feb 2019
- Disabled debug warning in notifications controller
Version 3.1.7 from 24th Feb 2019
- Added option to upload files per specific video or course and display them on the course or video level
Version 3.1.6 from 7th Feb 2019
- Fixed typo changes in settings label and description
Version 3.1.5 from 28th Jan 2019
- Bugfix in cmvl-playlist shotcode
- Added video description expand mode setting
Version 3.1.4 from 23rd Jan 2019
- Improvement in s2Member (Pro) integration
- Bugfix in lesson description
- Updated license package 1.8.6
Version 3.1.3 from 16th Jan 2019
- S2Member Pro feature integrate with shortcodes
Version 3.1.2 from 9th Jan 2019
- Improvement in cmvl-videolist shortcode
Version 3.1.1 from 26th Dec 2018
- Bugfix related to s2Member (Pro) integration
Version 3.1.0 from 14th Dec 2018
- Bugfix related to course featured image
- Removed warning in shortcode
Version 3.0.9 from 10th Dec 2018
- Fixed typo changes in settings description
Version 3.0.8 from 3rd Dec 2018
- Added rid of the notes option for individual lesson
- Added s2Member (Pro) integration for restrict videos
- Added view=”shop” parameter in cmvl-courses-list shortcode
- Removed some notice and warnings
- Added lesson featured image on single page
Version 3.0.7 from 28th Oct 2018
- Fixed bug in stats-shortcode
- Fixed bug in progress notification
- Changed video delete button event
Version 3.0.6 from 21st Oct 2018
- Added [useremail] shortcode support in notification emails
Version 3.0.5 from 15th Oct 2018
- Improvement in lesson author meta classes
- Bugfix related to comments count in admin comments section
Version 3.0.4 from 8th Oct 2018
- Fixed bugs related to ajax call in view
Version 3.0.3 from 30th Sep 2018
- Restrict watch videos compatible with cmvl-playlist shortcode
Version 3.0.2 from 13th Sep 2018
- Exception handling related to stats
- Improvement in lesson meta section
Version 3.0.1 from 31st Aug 2018
- Changed the default label values
- Added video restrictions message label setting
Version 3.0.0 from 25th Aug 2018
- Added show lesson author name and updated date settings
Version 2.9.9 from 23rd Aug 2018
- Fixed bugs related to cmvl-playlist shortcode
Version 2.9.8 from 19th Aug 2018
- Updated license package
- Bugfix related to restrict watch videos functionality
Version 2.9.7 from 14th Aug 2018
- Added restrict watch videos with time functionality
- Improved dashboard tables make more responsive
Version 2.9.6 from 2nd Aug 2018
- Added load more option for import videos
Version 2.9.5 from 27th July 2018
- Fixed package bug
Version 2.9.4 from 24th July 2018
- Fixed problem with lesson videos progress percentage issue
- Updated license package
Version 2.9.3 from 12th July 2018
- Fixed problem with get user resume time function
Version 2.9.2 from 31st May 2018
- Added shortcode for show all videos by course ID with split by lesson attribute
- Added shortcode for all lessons view with group by course attribute
Version 2.9.1 from 10th Apr 2018
- Improved the “Unlock” button: unlocking video privacy view from nobody to disable (unlisted from Vimeo).
Version 2.9.0 from 22nd Mar 2018
- Added option to set the default email recipient when using multiple recipients as BCC in order to fix some problems with gmail API.
- Added new shortcodes to display the progress (percent value) of a course, lesson or video for the current user.
- Updated the shortcodes description page.
Version 2.8.3 from 7th Mar 2018
- Fixed problem with pause on Wistia player
- Fixed problem with labels in addons.
Version 2.8.2 from 20th feb 2018
- Fixed issues with paybox after loaded another lesson by AJAX.
Version 2.8.1 from 9th feb 2018
- Fixed the problem with the time log records overlapping – merging the logged intervals for the same video and user session.
Version 2.8.0 from 7th feb 2018
- Fixed duplicates in time log after user closed the tab.
- Added links to videos for each lesson in wp-admin dashboard.
- Added links to videos in the same lesson link in wp-admin dashboard.
- Added searching by lesson name in wp-admin.
Version 2.7.0 from 17th Jan 2018
- Added new option: show lesson description header.
- Added new option: show lesson name.
- Fixed problem with update scripts.
- Added a condition to avoid the time log duplicates.
- CSS improvement.
Version 2.5.0 from 8th Nov 2017
- Changes related with the new version of the Video Lesson Payments addon.
- Added option to show the course name for a lesson.
- Updated licensing library.
Version 2.4.4 from 8th Nov 2017
- Fixed the update script for old version 1.x.
Version 2.4.3 from 1st Nov 2017
- Fixed the update script for version 2.4.2.
Version 2.4.2 from 30th Oct 2017
- Fixed issue with duplicated statistics and time log data.
- Added upgrade script to remove the duplicates from statistics and time log.
Version 2.4.1 from 16th Oct 2017
- Fixed recording statistics in the tiles layout (it was recoding statistics for the last video instead the other videos).
- Fixed the progress report query and the front-end statistics shortcode.
- Fix for unlocking Vimeo’s private videos feature.
- Fixed channel get all limit.
- Fixed lesson slug filter in the playlist shortcode.
- CSS fix for Wistia player.
Version 2.4.0 from 4th Oct 2017
- Fixed showing all videos for Wistia.
- Fixed issue with comments count includes the internal notes and statistics.
- Fixed bug with searching .
- Fixed timezone issue.
- Fixed albums pagination issue.
- Fixed CSS issue on the license page.
- Added shortcodes description metabox for videos, lessons and courses in the wp-admin.
Version 2.3.2 from 12th Sep 2017
- Changes related to a new addon: Quiz.
- Prevent from showing the user notes and statistics custom comment type in the wp-admin.
Version 2.3.1 from 29th Aug 2017
- Fixed some issue with recording statistics.
Version 2.3.0 from 10th Aug 2017
- Moved the resume video prompt to display over the video player.
- Fixed resume support in the tiles view.
- Added option to skip existing videos during the import.
Version 2.2.0 from 23rd July 2017
- Added option to resume video at the last viewed location or prompt user what to do.
- Added shortcode to show the courses list.
- Added option to reset search results.
- Added option to allow shortcodes in the video, lesson and course description content.
- Made possible importing lessons and videos by the standard WordPress’ Importer tool.
- Fixed bug with statistics when using Wistia API.
- CSS improvement
Version 2.1.8 from 20th June 2017
- Updated licensing package.
Version 2.1.7 from 18th May 2017
- Fixed the 2.x upgrade script issue occurring in the multisite network.
Version 2.1.6 from 17th May 2017
- Fixed bug in the 2.x upgrade script.
Version 2.1.5 from 10th May 2017
- Fixed PHP bug in the 2.x upgrade script.
Version 2.1.4 from 20th April 2017
- Modification related to the EDD Payments addon.
Version 2.1.3 from 22nd March 2017
- Fixed PHP error in the tiles view.
Version 2.1.2 from 23rd Feb 2017
- Fixed issue with creating a Micropayments subscription .
Version 2.1.1 from 22nd Feb 2017
- Fixed issue with lesson progress values.
Version 2.1.0 from 15th Feb 2017
- Added option to change the page template, video layout and playlist layout for each lesson.
- Added options to show the lesson’s description and the course’s description on the lesson’s page.
Version 2.0.3 from 13th Feb 2017
- Fixed bug with missing Vimeo.php file.
Version 2.0.2 from 1st Feb 2017
- Fixed bug with loading lessons by AJAX when using a shortcode.
Version 2.0.1 from 31st Jan 2017
- Fixed bug that occurs with old PHP versions when using empty(static::CONTANT).
Version 2.0.0 from 29th Jan 2017
- Complete new rebuild and change of plugin model.
- Reduced API requests usage by storing video metadata directly in WordPress.
- Added tool to import single video and assign it to a lesson.
- Added Wistia support.
- Changed default names: Channels to Lesson, Categories to Courses.
- Created separate notifications for videos, lessons and courses.
- Changes related to the CM Video Lessons EDD Payments Addon – supporting a single video payment.
- Changes related to the CM Video Lessons Certificates Addon.
Version 1.6.3 from 26th Oct 2016
- Added option to disable video description.
- Added option to disable video notes.
Version 1.6.2 from 20th Oct 2016
- Disabled automatic privacy settings checks in order to not exceed the Vimeo API requests rate limit.
- Added button “Unlock private videos” to the plugin settings. Admin can add the domain name to the whitelist for each video.
Version 1.6.1 from 18th Oct 2016
- Increased cache lifetime due to the new Vimeo API limits.
Version 1.6.0 from 14th Oct 2016
- Changes related to the EDD Payments addon integration.
Version 1.5.1 from 05th Oct 2016
- Changes related to the EDD Payments addon – added Back link after the payment..
Version 1.5.0 4th Oct 2016
- Added new cmvl-playlist shortcode’s attribute value to hide the videos menu: layout=nomenu
- Fixed an issue with embedding scripts.
Version 1.4.3 27th July 2016
- Updated licensing dashboard
Version 1.4.2 8th June 2016
- Fixed loading videos on playlist by AJAX.
Version 1.4.1 27th May 2016
- Added option to control the max-width of the playlist widget.
- Added new shortcode parameter maxwidth=0 for the cmvl-playlist shortcode.
- Fixed issue with overwriting the channel description when choosing another channel.
- CSS adjustments.
Version 1.4.0 24th May 2016
- Updated licensing dashboard
- Added option for Instant EDD Payments Addon to buy all channels at once.
- Labels adjustment.
- Improvements of the stats feature.
Version 1.3.1 13th April 2016
- Fixed issues related to new WordPress version 4.5
Version 1.3.0 11th April 2016
- Added feature to reload browser when membership subscription has expired
Version 1.2.16 5th April 2016
- Small config change
Version 1.2.15 20th March 2016
- Updated licensing api.
- Added Test Configuration button on the Settings page.
- Added admin notification to configure Vimeo access.
- Interface improvements.
Version 1.2.14 1th Mar 2016
- Fixed the licensing issue causing the AJAX didn’t work.
Version 1.2.13 3rd Mar 2016
- Made the search field required.
- Fixed searching notes.
- Updated licensing api support.
Version 1.2.12 1st Mar 2016
- Fixed searching notes.
Version 1.2.11 29th Feb 2016
- Fixed settings page issue.
- Fixed licensing issue.
Version 1.2.9 25th Feb 2016
- Added automatic updates from plugin dashboard
- Replaced plugin admin interface including license activation and userguide
- Added statistics by channel and video
- Added new course view for channel
Version 1.2.8 10th Feb 2016
- Integration with CM Instant EDD Payments.
- Fixed Statistics page pagination.
- Added new shortcode.
Version 1.2.7 28th Jan 2016
- Fixed PHP warnings.
- Sorting dashboard tabs in settings.
- Updated the licensing api support.
Version 1.2.6 1st Dec 2015
- Added minutes option for subscription.
- Added new labels
Version 1.2.5 24th Nov 2015
- Change apperance of subscriptions only once MicroPayment is available
Version 1.2.4 17th Nov 2015
- Fixed Micropayments issue.
- Added option to embed a custom CSS.
- CSS improvements.
Version 1.2.3 30th Oct 2015
- Fixed bug with statistics
Version 1.2.2 16th Oct 2015
- Fixed bug showing php warning
- Added notifications
Version 1.2.1 09th Oct 2015
- Added option to disable the channel pages to provide features only by the shortcodes.
- Improved integration with CM Download Manager.
- Fixed rounding issue in the users statistics.
- Excluding from statistics the channels which are not public.
- Added option to change video sorting for each channel.
Version 1.2.0 07th Oct 2015
- Integration with CM Download Manager.
- Added parsing the markup tags in the video description to display the additional buttons.
- Added new shortcode cmvl-dashboard to display the statistics and bookmarks in a tab view.
- Added settings option to manage the dashboard tabs.
- Added settings option to choose the dashboard page.
- Added settings option to redirect to the dashboard page after login.
Version 1.1.5 04th Sep 2015
- Fixed issue related to license activation problems
Version 1.1.4 11th Aug 2015
- Fixed issue with saving statistics.
- Fixed issue with Vimeo frame origin.
Version 1.1.3 24th July 2015
- Fixed issue with permalinks and loading pages.
- Added JS scrolling to top when moving to the next page.
- Added links to the Micropayment Wallet and Checkout + settings options.
- Added option to manage the privacy requests caching.
- Added the pagination links above the video tiles.
- Added option to clear the search results.
Version 1.1.2 09th July 2015
- Fixed PHP error on the bookmarks page.
- Fixed a permalink issue on the WP SEO by Yoast sitemap.
Version 1.1.1 11th June 2015
- CSS Adjustments.
- Support Search Get Params.
Version 1.1.0 4th June 2015
- Added pagination on the tiles view.
- Added the shortcode’s parameters to show/hide the search bar and the navigation bar separately.
- Added responsive CSS for the tiles view.
- CSS improvements.
Version 1.0.7 14th May 2015
- Fixed embedding domains issue.
- Moved the video title below the player to avoid the alignment issues.
- CSS improvements.
Version 1.0.6 8th May 2015
- Added the Vimeo Albums support.
- Modified the search engine to avoid issues with private videos searching.
Version 1.0.5 22nd April 2015
- FIx potential XSS issue.
Version 1.0.4 20th April 2015
- Added admin notification after subscription has been activated.
Version 1.0.3 10th April 2015
Added the Subscriptions report.
- Support for manually add subscriptions.
Version 1.0.2 2nd April 2015
Fixed JS issue