WordPress Video LMS Plugin Description
The CM Video Lessons Manager for WordPress is a great e-learning plugin to create a video based learning environment on your WordPress site. If you’ve been searching for a way to sell online courses similar to Udemy, but directly from WordPress– here is the solution!
This e-learning plugin organizes your video content so you can upload video lessons and courses and view progress reports for each student and course all on one dashboard.
With our suite of add-ons, you can further enhance your course with gamification through customized quizzes and issue certificates of course completion. Sell your e-course using WooCommerce or an Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) payment gateway or even with a virtual currency solution like CM MicroPayments.
Using The Video LMS Plugin for WordPress
- Build e-learning video courses
- Sell course content online
- Set up video webinars and online conferences
Watch our online WordPress video tutorial library, to see the CM Video Lessons Manager plugin in action!
Using the Video eLearning Plugin with Vimeo and Wistia
Use this WordPress e-learning plugin to manage online course video content uploaded and organized on private Vimeo or Wistia video channels.
You can display video lessons on any page or post using shortcode, allowing users to view the video content, comment, bookmark, search by content and receive progress updates for each video lesson.
Using the WordPress LMS Plugin for Pay-Per-View Lessons
WordPress LMS Video Lesson Layouts and Templates
Admins can change the layout according to the use case and choose from several different layouts on separate pages via shortcode. Within each layout there are several parameters to control such as appearance of the search bar, lesson dropbox, and width of video tile display.
The Student’s eLearning Dashboard
This e-learning plugin comes with a student dashboard which can include all information related to the students’ video courses in one view. You can also include information coming from other plugins using shortcode.
The Complete eCourse Solution: Quiz, Certificate, and Digital Course Material
To further extend the Video Lessons Manager plugin capabilities, install the CM Download Manager Plugin to incorporate downloadable files with your online course content.
The Video Lessons Manager Certificate Add-on lets you create personalized certificates of completion for users. Certificates can be automatically or manually generated and are fully customizable.
The Video Lessons Manager Quiz Add-on lets you build multiple choice quizzes with embedded video or image content. Restrict the number of attempts allowed, define an acceptable passing score, and track quiz results on the student’s course progress report.
With these plugins, you can develop every aspect of an ecourse, complete with content drip, gamification, quizzes, and certificates, while displaying a list of all videos and files for each course on the student dashboard.
Use with the CM Registration and Invitation Codes Plugin
A perfect pairing with the CM Registration and Invitation Codes Plugin, with this plugin you can invite students to register and gain access to the student dashboard using a personalized registration code.
Video Lessons Manager Plugin Localization and Supported Languages
All frontend labels can be easily changed to any language so the user interface will speak your language.
Video Lessons Additional Resources
WP LMS Video Lessons Manager Plugin Basic Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
|Vimeo and Wistia – Support videos hosted on Vimeo or Wistia. Admin can use any videos hosted including private videos.|
|LMS Statistics and Reports – Show progress reports per user, lesson, course, and videos viewed. Report which video was watched by each user, total video views, and the amount of time watched. This ￼allows you to track your most popular content and assess course effectiveness.￼View Screenshot: Video Lessons Manager Front-end Statistics.|
|User Notes – Allow users to add personal notes for each video they watch. Notes are then available only to the user who created the note.|
|Bookmarks – Allow users to bookmark specific videos. Admin can add a shortcode to the user dashboard so users can view all their bookmarked videos.|
|Localization and Labeling – The admin can edit plugin labels and messages, letting you customize your LMS to fit your own language or terminology.|
|Search Videos – Search videos in courses or lessons, by video title, description and user notes.|
|Video Lessons Layouts – Supports several view layouts for each lesson. The admin can choose the layout on a per lesson basis.|
|LMS Student Dashboard – The student dashboard allows students to track progress, show bookmarks, show paid lessons and more.|
|LMS Notification Support – Supports admin email notifications about each students’ progress. For example when a student has finished watching a video or a lessons or a course.|
|Course Certificates – Give each student a certificate upon completion of a lesson or course (with the purchase of the Certificates Addon).|
|Lesson Quiz – Build quizzes for each lesson to test the understanding of course curriculum before students complete the course (with purchase of the Quiz Addon). Quiz questions are customizable and can include video and images, and can be answered using customizable multiple choice options.|
|Course Payments – Set a price for watching lessons or videos (once integrated with CM MicroPayments or Video Manager Direct Payments ). You can charge a pay-per-￼view rate for each video lesson or create customizable payment schemes within different time intervals for students to view course content, payable through Easy Digital Downloads payment gateways. View Screenshot: Video Lessons Manager Payment Option|
|LMS Access Control – Restrict watching the videos to logged-in users and block ￼￼￼anonymous users from watching. View Screenshot: Video Lessons Manager API Keys Settings|
|Video Lessons Shortcodes – Numerous shortcodes are available, allowing you to display a lesson / course / specific video and the user dashboard anywhere on your LMS.|
WordPress Video Lessons Manager Editions and Pricing
|Feature||Pro Edition||Deluxe Edition||Ultimate Edition|
|Read Vimeo Private Videos|
|Create Multiple Lessons|
|Shortcode to Include video List|
|History and Statistics|
|Pay for Viewing|
Video Lessons Additional Addons and Modules
When installed together with the Video Lessons Manager plugin, the following modules and addons provide additional functionality.
Video Lessons Related Plugins and Integration
Video Lessons Manager Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
How do you modify the order of videos displayed on the course page?
Can I set up a pay-per-view channel for one night only?
Is there any limit to video length?
Do I have to use a virtual currency or can I also use regular payments?
Can I embed Youtube videos in my online course page?
No. Currently, the plugin only works with Vimeo private channels, which are available with Vimeo pro accounts. Even if you do embed Youtube videos, they will not be exclusive to your course page and will not be able to display all the additional features of the plugin, such as student notes and progress reports.
Video Lessons Manager Demo
Watch the video clips below to see each Video Lessons Manager feature in action, or try them out yourself on our demo site!
Video Lessons Manager Image Gallery
Customer Reviews for the Video Lessons Manager
- 16th Jun2015Great support an very interesting possibilitiesAfter a few problems with the setup, staff from Creative has helped me a lot to achieve what I was looking for. I would definetely recommend this plugin as a pro user!!!
- 05th May2015Very useful and easy to work withVery useful and easy to work with
- 14th Apr2015Really good extensionUsually, I’m not commenting extensions, but this one I need to. I’m web developer and most of the sites I created for clients are based on WordPress. Sometime ago, I needed to create online curse page and I used this extension. Now, client is very happy, He loves statistic in this plugin, and pre-paid channels.As a developer, I recommend this extensions. It’s very useful and easy to use.
Version 2.9.1 from 10th Apr 2018
- Improved the “Unlock” button: unlocking video privacy view from nobody to disable (unlisted from Vimeo).
Version 2.9.0 from 22nd Mar 2018
- Added option to set the default email recipient when using multiple recipients as BCC in order to fix some problems with gmail API.
- Added new shortcodes to display the progress (percent value) of a course, lesson or video for the current user.
- Updated the shortcodes description page.
Version 2.8.3 from 7th Mar 2018
- Fixed problem with pause on Wistia player
- Fixed problem with labels in addons.
Version 2.8.2 from 20th feb 2018
- Fixed issues with paybox after loaded another lesson by AJAX.
Version 2.8.1 from 9th feb 2018
- Fixed the problem with the time log records overlapping – merging the logged intervals for the same video and user session.
Version 2.8.0 from 7th feb 2018
- Fixed duplicates in time log after user closed the tab.
- Added links to videos for each lesson in wp-admin dashboard.
- Added links to videos in the same lesson link in wp-admin dashboard.
- Added searching by lesson name in wp-admin.
Version 2.7.0 from 17th Jan 2018
- Added new option: show lesson description header.
- Added new option: show lesson name.
- Fixed problem with update scripts.
- Added a condition to avoid the time log duplicates.
- CSS improvement.
Version 2.5.0 from 8th Nov 2017
- Changes related with the new version of the Video Lesson Payments addon.
- Added option to show the course name for a lesson.
- Updated licensing library.
Version 2.4.4 from 8th Nov 2017
- Fixed the update script for old version 1.x.
Version 2.4.3 from 1st Nov 2017
- Fixed the update script for version 2.4.2.
Version 2.4.2 from 30th Oct 2017
- Fixed issue with duplicated statistics and time log data.
- Added upgrade script to remove the duplicates from statistics and time log.
Version 2.4.1 from 16th Oct 2017
- Fixed recording statistics in the tiles layout (it was recoding statistics for the last video instead the other videos).
- Fixed the progress report query and the front-end statistics shortcode.
- Fix for unlocking Vimeo’s private videos feature.
- Fixed channel get all limit.
- Fixed lesson slug filter in the playlist shortcode.
- CSS fix for Wistia player.
Version 2.4.0 from 4th Oct 2017
- Fixed showing all videos for Wistia.
- Fixed issue with comments count includes the internal notes and statistics.
- Fixed bug with searching .
- Fixed timezone issue.
- Fixed albums pagination issue.
- Fixed CSS issue on the license page.
- Added shortcodes description metabox for videos, lessons and courses in the wp-admin.
Version 2.3.2 from 12th Sep 2017
- Changes related to a new addon: Quiz.
- Prevent from showing the user notes and statistics custom comment type in the wp-admin.
Version 2.3.1 from 29th Aug 2017
- Fixed some issue with recording statistics.
Version 2.3.0 from 10th Aug 2017
- Moved the resume video prompt to display over the video player.
- Fixed resume support in the tiles view.
- Added option to skip existing videos during the import.
Version 2.2.0 from 23rd July 2017
- Added option to resume video at the last viewed location or prompt user what to do.
- Added shortcode to show the courses list.
- Added option to reset search results.
- Added option to allow shortcodes in the video, lesson and course description content.
- Made possible importing lessons and videos by the standard WordPress’ Importer tool.
- Fixed bug with statistics when using Wistia API.
- CSS impro
Version 2.1.8 from 20th June 2017
- Updated licensing package.
Version 2.1.7 from 18th May 2017
- Fixed the 2.x upgrade script issue occurring in the multisite network.
Version 2.1.6 from 17th May 2017
- Fixed bug in the 2.x upgrade script.
Version 2.1.5 from 10th May 2017
- Fixed PHP bug in the 2.x upgrade script.
Version 2.1.4 from 20th April 2017
- Modification related to the EDD Payments addon.
Version 2.1.3 from 22nd March 2017
- Fixed PHP error in the tiles view.
Version 2.1.2 from 23rd Feb 2017
- Fixed issue with creating a Micropayments subscription.
Version 2.1.1 from 22nd Feb 2017
- Fixed issue with lesson progress values.
Version 2.1.0 from 15th Feb 2017
- Added option to change the page template, video layout and playlist layout for each lesson.
- Added options to show the lesson’s description and the course’s description on the lesson’s page.
Version 2.0.3 from 13th Feb 2017
- Fixed bug with missing Vimeo.php file.
Version 2.0.2 from 1st Feb 2017
- Fixed bug with loading lessons by AJAX when using a shortcode.
Version 2.0.1 from 31st Jan 2017
- Fixed bug that occurs with old PHP versions when using empty(static::CONTANT).
Version 2.0.0 from 29th Jan 2017
- Complete new rebuild and change of plugin model.
- Reduced API requests usage by storing video metadata directly in WordPress.
- Added tool to import single video and assign it to a lesson.
- Added Wistia support.
- Changed default names: Channels to Lesson, Categories to Courses.
- Created separate notifications for videos, lessons and courses.
- Changes related to the CM Video Lessons EDD Payments Addon – supporting a single video payment.
- Changes related to the CM Video Lessons Certificates Addon.
Version 1.6.3 from 26th Oct 2016
- Added option to disable video description.
- Added option to disable video notes.
Version 1.6.2 from 20th Oct 2016
- Disabled automatic privacy settings checks in order to not exceed the Vimeo API requests rate limit.
- Added button “Unlock private videos” to the plugin settings. Admin can add the domain name to the whitelist for each video.
Version 1.6.1 from 18th Oct 2016
- Increased cache lifetime due to the new Vimeo API limits.
Version 1.6.0 from 14th Oct 2016
- Changes related to the EDD Payments addon integration.
Version 1.5.1 from 05th Oct 2016
- Changes related to the EDD Payments addon – added Back link after the payment..
Version 1.5.0 4th Oct 2016
- Added new cmvl-playlist shortcode’s attribute value to hide the videos menu: layout=nomenu
- Fixed an issue with embedding scripts.
Version 1.4.3 27th July 2016
- Updated licensing dashboard
Version 1.4.2 8th June 2016
- Fixed loading videos on playlist by AJAX.
Version 1.4.1 27th May 2016
- Added option to control the max-width of the playlist widget.
- Added new shortcode parameter maxwidth=0 for the cmvl-playlist shortcode.
- Fixed issue with overwriting the channel description when choosing another channel.
- CSS adjustments.
Version 1.4.0 24th May 2016
- Updated licensing dashboard
- Added option for Instant EDD Payments Addon to buy all channels at once.
- Labels adjustment.
- Improvements of the stats feature.
Version 1.3.1 13th April 2016
- Fixed issues related to new WordPress version 4.5
Version 1.3.0 11th April 2016
- Added feature to reload browser when subscription has expired
Version 1.2.16 5th April 2016
- Small config change
Version 1.2.15 20th March 2016
- Updated licensing api.
- Added Test Configuration button on the Settings page.
- Added admin notification to configure Vimeo access.
- Interface improvements.
Version 1.2.14 1th Mar 2016
- Fixed the licensing issue causing the AJAX didn’t work.
Version 1.2.13 3rd Mar 2016
- Made the search field requred.
- Fixed searching notes.
- Updated licensing api support.
Version 1.2.12 1st Mar 2016
- Fixed searching notes.
Version 1.2.11 29th Feb 2016
- Fixed settings page issue.
- Fixed licensing issue.
Version 1.2.9 25th Feb 2016
- Added automatic updates from plugin dashboard
- Replaced plugin admin interface including license activation and userguide
- Added statistics by channel and video
- Added new course view for channel
Version 1.2.8 10th Feb 2016
- Integration with CM Instant EDD Payments.
- Fixed Statistics page pagination.
- Added new shortcode.
Version 1.2.7 28th Jan 2016
- Fixed PHP warnings.
- Sorting dashboard tabs in settings.
- Updated the licensing api support.
Version 1.2.6 1st Dec 2015
- Added minutes option for subscription.
- Added new labels
Version 1.2.5 24th Nov 2015
- Change apperance of subscriptions only once MicroPayment is available
Version 1.2.4 17th Nov 2015
- Fixed Micropayments issue.
- Added option to embed a custom CSS.
- CSS improvements.
Version 1.2.3 30th Oct 2015
- Fixed bug with statistics
Version 1.2.2 16th Oct 2015
- Fixed bug showing php warning
- Added notifications
Version 1.2.1 09th Oct 2015
- Added option to disable the channel pages to provide features only by the shortcodes.
- Improved integration with CM Download Manager.
- Fixed rounding issue in the users statistics.
- Excluding from statistics the channels which are not public.
- Added option to change video sorting for each channel.
Version 1.2.0 07th Oct 2015
- Integration with CM Download Manager.
- Added parsing the markup tags in the video description to display the additional buttons.
- Added new shortcode cmvl-dashboard to display the statistics and bookmarks in a tab view.
- Added settings option to manage the dashboard tabs.
- Added settings option to choose the dashboard page.
- Added settings option to redirect to the dashboard page after login.
Version 1.1.5 04th Sep 2015
- Fixed issue related to license activation problems
Version 1.1.4 11th Aug 2015
- Fixed issue with saving statistics.
- Fixed issue with Vimeo frame origin.
Version 1.1.3 24th July 2015
- Fixed issue with permalinks and loading pages.
- Added JS scrolling to top when moving to the next page.
- Added links to the Micropayment Wallet and Checkout + settings options.
- Added option to manage the privacy requests caching.
- Added the pagination links above the video tiles.
- Added option to clear the search results.
Version 1.1.2 09th July 2015
- Fixed PHP error on the bookmarks page.
- Fixed a permalink issue on the WP SEO by Yoast sitemap.
Version 1.1.1 11th June 2015
- CSS Adjustments.
- Support Search Get Params.
Version 1.1.0 4th June 2015
- Added pagination on the tiles view.
- Added the shortcode’s parameters to show/hide the search bar and the navigation bar separately.
- Added responsive CSS for the tiles view.
- CSS improvements.
Version 1.0.7 14th May 2015
- Fixed embedding domains issue.
- Moved the video title below the player to avoid the alignment issues.
- CSS improvements.
Version 1.0.6 8th May 2015
- Added the Vimeo Albums support.
- Modified the search engine to avoid issues with private videos searching.
Version 1.0.5 22nd April 2015
- FIx potential XSS issue.
Version 1.0.4 20th April 2015
- Added admin notification after subscription has been activated.
Version 1.0.3 10th April 2015
Added the Subscriptions report.
- Support for manually add subscriptions.
Version 1.0.2 2nd April 2015
Fixed JS issue
Plugin First Release 7th March 2015