WP RSS Post Importer and RSS Content Syndication
Create new posts every time your favorite RSS feed is updated!
The WordPress RSS Importer Plugin by CreativeMinds is the best WordPress RSS import solution to display RSS full post text on your WP blog or site. This RSS feed solution goes beyond simply aggregating RSS feeds by allowing you to create posts with full feed content based on what the feed allows.
The full text CM WP RSS Post Importer plugin is a powerful plugin and the most user-friendly WP RSS feed aggregator on the market. It allows users to import and aggregate RSS feeds from multiple feed sources while using keywords to filter content.
Feed Offers Limited Content?
Note that the plugin imports only the content made available by the feed. It is not a scraping tool.
If you would like to extract the full content directly from the page and bypass limited feeds, use the RSS Content Importer Addon.
|Post created from extracted full content|
Our WP RSS feed import plugin is a great content marketing tool that allows site owners to syndicate content from their favorite RSS feed lists, recommend curated feeds, and gather a knowledge base on specific topics.
RSS Importer Use Cases
- Niche Business – Aggregate content from sources meaningful to your niche, categorize it, and showcase to your users.
- Trending Directory – Organize the latest news from your desired industry and import it on your website.
- News Site – Import content from relevant sources to provide the best stories for your readers.
RSS Post Importer Plugin Related Use Cases
- How to Import Articles Using RSS Feed From Another Site
- How to Scrape Articles From Another Site and Copy It Over to Your Site
- How to Filter Articles
- Building the Template and How It Can Look Like
- How Imported Content Looks Like
RSS Post Importer vs. RSS Aggregator
The WordPress RSS Importer Plugin generates a WordPress post every time a RSS feed is updated.
If, instead, you are looking to show lists of RSS feeds, consider checking the RSS Aggregator plugin.
Using the WP RSS Post Importer Plugin
- Full Text RSS Post Importer – Import feeds from external sites and publish full available text feed articles on your site
- Syndicate Full Content Articles – Display full feed source content for imported articles
- Control the Amount of Content – Define which parts of the imported RSS content will display
- Customize Content Structure – Customize a simple template for formatting imported content
- Keyword Filters – Import post content based on matching keywords or block post content from importing RSS feeds should they match blacklisted keywords
Simple Steps to Import Full Text RSS Feeds
- Start by entering the RSS feed URL of the source.
- Choose the RSS feed import processing interval.
- Define to which post type you would like to display syndicated feeds.
- Set the author name, published date, category and post status of the new imported post.
- Build a content template to define how the imported content will be shown. You can include HTML tags as well as a shortcode to determine which sections of the imported content to include.
WordPress WP RSS Post Importer Plugin Resources
WP RSS Post Importer Related Products
WordPress RSS Post Importer Plugin Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin
RSS Feed Importer Plugin – Frequently Asked Questions
Please see the user guide to learn more about this plugin
What is RSS? Why should I use it?
RSS is an acronym for Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication.
More importantly RSS “translates” multiple types of content (such as blogs, weather reports, newscasts) into a standardized, easy to read format. You can then fetch and display that content into WordPress.
With the RSS Feed Importer plugin, in particular, you are able to create a new post for each feed item. For example, every time a blog of choice publishes a post, your site will publish one as well based on that content.
Learn more: Long Live RSS! Useful List of RSS Topics to Follow.
How do I display imported feed items?
You can also control the title, author name, and the length of the content taken from the original imported post.
The featured image is also imported.
Can I import a feed from YouTube?
Note that you will be linking to the original source, and not downloading any content.
Learn more in this guide.
Some RSS feeds only give a short excerpt. Is there a way to change that?
You can bypass the feed and fetch content directly from the page by using the RSS Content Importer Addon.
Additionally, you can control the length of the content published on your post by combining content coming from the imported post content or by adding your own text.
The imported post content is parsed into fragments which you can later use while building the template used for the post which will be shown on your site. That also includes the ability to include additional content in the excerpt field.
Is there a limit to the number of feed sources I can use?
For each feed source you can define keyword filters as well as a unique content template so syndicated posts will match the original post structure.
Can I store imported feed items as posts?
You choose if the new item will be a post, page or even a custom post type.
Also, you can structure the template of the imported content to be displayed the way you prefer on your site.
Can you change where the RSS newsfeed posts appear on the site?
If the RSS feed is protected by password, can you read it?
WP RSS Post Importer Image Gallery
RSS Importer for WordPress Add-ons
Post Importer for WordPress Related Plugins
Customer Reviews for WP RSS Post Importer
- Great FeaturesReally love all the customization options for the RSS posts. Having multiple feeds is great and I can make them all look unique while really improving the content on my pages. Thanks!
- Wonderful pluginI used this plugin to help increase content for my blog and it's been a good success! A bit confusing at the start but support was really helpful and nice! Totally recommend!
- Great!Custom templates for the posts are THE BEST. Awesome work
- Imported 12 feedsI imported around 12 feeds, which are now updating my blog regularly. The options are honestly impressive, I used even keywords I wanted to avoid so that not all content is imported
- Automatic blogI used it to automate my blog and have new articles published every day. Very nice that I could add the source links to the posts OK
WP RSS Post Importer Release Notes
Version 1.5.9 17th August 2021
- Fixed: notice related to display_post_states hook
- Added: Ability to delete fetches from specific feed
- Added: Ability to delete specific raw
Version 1.5.8 14th June 2021
- Fixed: bug with the get_title() function
- Fixed: bug with SimplePieItems in the shortcodes
- Added: option Delete Posts if they were deleted in RSS Source
- Fixed: bug when cron jobs were not deleted after deleting a feed
Version 1.5.7 20th May 2021
- Added: Added [cmri_imported_posts] shortcode for displaying posts that have been imported
- Added: Added Imported Posts widget for displaying posts that have been imported
- Added: Feature and log that will show Feed that contains errors
- Added: License package update
- Fixed: bug with old cron job after plugin update
- Fixed: Some options labels
Version 1.5.6 17th May 2021
- Added: Separate processing (Now each RSS Feed have separate cron job for posts creation)
- Added: Option that allows to delete all Fetch History
Version 1.5.5 2nd Jan 2021
- Fixed: register post type issue
Version 1.5.4 3rd Oct 2020
- Bug fix
Version 1.5.3 1st Oct 2020
- Added support for Yoast premium
- Improved image search in a feed item
- Minor fixes
Version 1.5.2 25th Aug 2020
- Added: RSS Feed duplication feature
Version 1.5.1 24th Aug 2020
- Updated: user agent data for curl tasks
- Fixed: bug of category check for feed
- Changed max size limit of processed page
- Minor fixes
Version 1.5.0 8th Aug 2020
- Fixed: image processing bug
- Fixed: db content structure
Version 1.4.12 5th June 2020
- Fixed: featured image loading bug
Version 1.4.11 18th May 2020
- Updated: license package
- Minor fixes
Version 1.4.10 15th Apr 2020
- Added: SimplePie date error fix patch
- Fixed: image shortcode rendering bug
- Updated license package to 1.8.10
Version 1.4.9 13th Apr 2020
- Minor bug fixes
Version 1.4.8 11th Apr 2020
- Added: option “get author name” from feed item
- Added: option to get featured image by its number from item content
Version 1.4.7 31st Jan 2020
- Added: support of Yoast SEO meta canonical field
- Added: featured image by default selection
Version 1.4.6 31st Dec 2019
- Updated curl user agent value
- Updated DOM library
- Minor fixes
Version 1.4.5 3rd Sep 2019
- Added option to enforce wpautop() on feed items content
- Added notification string to RSS feed edit on reimport action
- Added option to exclude images from feed item content
Version 1.4.3 21st Aug 2019
- Changes related to the RSS Post Content Importer addon.
Version 1.4.2 28th May 2019
- Added option to avoid caching on the feed’s server
- Added option to prevent problems with FeedBurner feeds
Version 1.4.1 23rd Apr 2019
- Improved the search for image and description tags
- Updated Licensing package
Version 1.4.0 23rd Jan 2019
- Added shortcode which returns the URL of the enclosure
- Fixed small bug in the FeedController
- Updated the licensing package
Version 1.3.18 30th Aug 2018
- Updated the Licensing Package
- Fixed the PHP 7.0 compatibility
Version 1.3.17 10th May 2018
- Bug: Improved the post duplicated on import detection
Version 1.3.16 7th Apr 2018
- Bug: Fixed the bug with the posts being duplicated on import
- Bug/Change: Added the option to decode the HTML entities from the feed content
- Bug: Fixed the bug with the img sources
Version 1.3.15 25th Mar 2018
- Option: Added the option to restart the processing CRON (from the options)
Version 1.3.14 13th Mar 2018
- Option: Added the option to process the items manually (from the options)
- Bug: Solved a few small bugs
Version 1.3.13 4th Mar 2018
- Bug/Change: Fixed the problems with linking the title to the original url
- Change: Links to the original url will open in the new tab
- Change: Added the option to manually process the items
Version 1.3.12 19th Jan 2017
- Fixed the small bug appearing on many pages
Version 1.3.10 18th Nov 2017
- Fixed the typo
- Added the option to restart the processing CRON
- Added the option to link the title/image/content to the original url
- Added the support for getting the images from the XML field
- Added the support for keyword filtering for additional fields, using filter cmra_keyword_match_fields
- Updated the licensing package
Version 1.3.9 22nd Oct 2018
- Bug fixing
Version 1.3.8 29th sep 2017
Version 1.3.7 21st sep 2017
- Improved handling large RSS feed sources
- Added pause fetching feature for RSS feed
- Added pause fetching and re-import actions directly on feed edit page
Version 1.3.6 12th Sep 2017
- Added information about matched keyword in processing log
- Improved keywords searching
Version 1.3.5 9th Sep 2017
- Tag definitions bug fix
- Extended user agent configuration (option to overwrite user agent directly in the feed)
Version 1.3.3 24th Aug 2017
- Added plugin option to force the keywords exact match (capital letters are taken into account during searching for keywords)
Version 1.3.2 18th Aug 2017
- Added plugin option to change the user agent of fetching RSS feeds queries
- Added feed option to avoid entries with exact same title
Version 1.3.1 29th June 2017
- Improved final posts actions and added final post status info in fetch history
- Featured images option now works with resources with relative paths
Version 1.3.0 23rd June 2017
- Improved fetch history, new ordering and filtering options and final posts actions
Version 1.2.1 25th May 2017
- Updated licensing dashboard
Version 1.2.0 from 23rd May 2017
- Plugin diagnostics with manual RSS feeds fetching
- New licensing API
Version 1.1.1 from 13th April 2017
- Fixed php notice
Version 1.1.0 from 7th April 2017
- Added option to use categories from feed item
Version 1.0.2 from 24th March 2017
- Added default featured image in post template
- Featured image and image shortcode take into account media:thumbnail
Version 1.0.1 from 15th March 2017
- Added image shortcode and Yoast SEO meta description customization