Site and Content Restriction Plugin Description
Lock away your exclusive content and give access only to valued members. With the WordPress Site and Content Restriction plugin you can control which WordPress Users can view each post or page on your site. You can restrict content based on role and lock some of the content for logged-in users only
Using the Restrict Content by Role Membership Plugin
- Control WP site Access – Easily restrict complete post content. Also supports private content restrictions for pages, custom posts, part of a posts and any URL within your site
- Restrict Content by Role – Open content only to specific WordPress roles and support several levels of restriction. For example, you can restrict content to only Administrators, Editors, Authors, and Subscribers
- Gated Content WordPress Site – Give access to part of the content of a page or post to visitors while locking valuable content to members only
- User Login and User Registration Support – Integrates with the User Registration plugin to provide easy user login and user registration support
Site and Content Restriction Edition
- Pro – Includes the complete plugin functionality
- Deluxe – Also includes the User Registration and invitation codes plugin bundled
- Ultimate – Also includes the User Registration and invitation codes plugin together with 3 addons including Payment Integration, Approve New Users and Bulk Invitations codes bundled
Restrict Content by Role Additional Resources
- CreativeMinds WordPress Video Tutorials
- Restrict Content Plugin site
- Top Resources for WordPress Beginners
- WordPress Glossary of Terms
- Improving WordPress Security on Your Site
Restrict Content by Role Related Plugins
Site and Content Restriction Premium Features
- Define page to redirect to when access is for members only – In plugin settings define which page the user will be redirected to once they try to access a page which is available for members only
- Define page to redirect to when access is for specific role – In plugin settings define which page the user will be redirected to once they try to access a page which requires a different role
- Allow access to visitors – Define whether the page or post should be open to all users or registered users only for each page or post
- Allow access by Role – Define whether or not the page should be open to specific user roles only for each page or post
- Control access by custom post type – In the plugin settings control the access to all posts of a specific custom post type
- URL Filtering – In plugin settings control the access to specific URL allowing you to restrict actions added by external plugins
- Bulk Update – Bulk update access restrictions to post and pages
- Restrict part of a post – Using shortcode restrict part of the content in a page or a post to specific roles
- Registration and Login – Using the CM registration plugin allow easy login and registration. Control the fields in your registration forms by role. Offer registration by invitation code, same page login and many other powerful features
- Quick Edit – Support quick edit functionality so “ad hock pages” can also be edited to add access restrictions. This is useful for 3rd party plugins
Site and Content Restriction Editions and Pricing
|Feature||Pro Edition||Deluxe Edition||Ultimate Edition|
|Restrict access to registered users|
|Restrict access by role|
|Redirect-to for when users are not logged-in|
|Redirect when role doesn’t match requirement|
|Restrict access by URL|
|Restrict access by custom post type|
|Restrict portions of content in post|
|Bulk update access settings|
|Registration plugin included|
|Approve users after registration|
|Send invitation in bulk emails|
Site and Content Restriction Frequently Asked Questions
How do I block (or unblock) an individual post?
Is there a registration and login widget without the cm registration plugin?
Can access be restricted to logged in users?
Does the plugin have URL filtering?
Yes. The plugin includes a URL filtering functionality to help you restrict access to content on your site which is generated with unique URLs. It can also support URL parameters and restrict only URL with specifically set params.
Can the content restriction be applied to specific WordPress roles?
Can the content restriction be applied to specific Custom Post Types?
Site and Content Restrictions Image Gallery
Version 1.3.5 from 5th Dec 2018
- Bugfix related to check user role
- Remove notice and warning
Version 1.3.4 from 20th Nov 2018
- Bugfix related to live bind in jQuery
Version 1.3.3 from 9th Nov 2018
- Added restrict dashboard access to user as per user role.
- Updated license package.
Version 1.3.2 from 20th March 2018
- Updated the shortcodes page.
Version 1.3.1 from 18th June 2017
- Updated licensing package
Version 1.3.0 from 25th Nov 2016
Version 1.2.0 from 17th Nov 2016
- Added parameter reverse to the access shortcode
Version 1.1.0 from 5th Oct 2016
- Added URL filters
- Added the access shortcode
- Added post bulk edit feature
- Added post quick edit feature
- Added access settings per post type