Access and Content Restriction WordPress Plugin Description
Lock away your exclusive content and give access only to valued members. The WordPress Site and Content Restriction plugin allows you to control which WordPress users can view each post or page on your site.
Choose which post type, category or even specific page should be locked – and to whom. Only logged-in users can access? Only Administrators? Only accounts created more than 7 days ago? You can control everything.
Create the ultimate gated site with content dripping and hidden pages.
Redirect, Hide All, Hide PartHow to hide content? Choose between:
|Page's content is partially hidden|
This the best solution for gating content on your WordPress site based on membership or role.
Access and Content Restriction WordPress Plugin Use Cases
- Exclusive Club – Create a website with exclusive content accessible by paid members only. When a guest tries to access the premium content, he/she will be redirected to the “Join Now” page. Create a customer area accessible only to limited users
- Tiered Membership – Use this subscription plugin to grant limited access to new users, locking sections of certain posts or pages. Users with membership subscriptions will see the complete content
- Drip Content – Only allow new users to see the forum page 7 days (or any other number of days) after registration. Or lock all new Editor accounts from posts with the category “Sensitive” until their accounts complete one month
WordPress Access and Content Restriction Plugin Related Use Case
Enable different membership levels to lock content of different types to create a tiered subscription level membership platform
For example, you can block posting new questions while letting users view existing questions’ content.
How To Restrict Content by User Role
- Control WP Site Access – Easily restrict complete post content. Also supports private content restrictions for pages, custom posts, part of a post and any URL within your site
- Content Drip Solution – Hide precious content from recently-created accounts. Instead, grant them access only a after a set amount of days
- Restrict Content by Role – Open content only to specific WordPress roles and support several access levels of restriction. For example, you can restrict content to only Administrators, Editors, Authors, and Subscribers
- Gated Content WordPress Site – Give access to part of the content of a page or post to visitors while locking valuable content to members only
- Site Lock Down – Protect your content and by creating private areas, access levels for post and pages
- User Login and User Registration Support – Integrates with the User Registration plugin to provide easy user login and user registration support
Access and Content Restriction WordPress Plugin Editions
- Pro – Includes the complete subscription plugin functionality
- Deluxe – Also includes the User Registration and Invitation Codes plugin bundled. Manage private content for your users!
- Ultimate – Also includes the User Registration and Invitation Codes plugin together with 3 add-ons – Payment Integration, Approve New Users and Bulk Invitations Codes bundled. Powerful membership management!
Access and Content Restriction Additional Resources
- CreativeMinds WordPress Video Tutorials
- Restrict Content Plugin site
- Top Resources for WordPress Beginners
- WordPress Glossary of Terms
- Improving WordPress Security on Your Site
WordPress Access and Content Restriction Related Plugins
Access and Content Restriction Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin
Restrict Page/Post Access
|Restrict Custom Post Types – Control the access to all posts of a specific custom post type|
|URL Filtering – Lock access to specific URLs, allowing you to restrict actions added by external plugins|
|Restrict Access to Visitors – Choose whether the page or post should be open to all users or registered users only for each page or post. Protect your content now|
|Restrict Access by Role – Set whether or not the page should be open to specific user roles only for each page or post|
|Drip Content by Account Age – Only allow access to accounts active for a certain number of days|
|Restrict by Category – Prevent certain user roles from accessing specific categories, including from posts, pages and custom post types|
|Restrict Access by Capability – Advanced WordPress users can use the subscription plugin to limit access based on capabilities, such as edit page|
|Edit Denied Message – Display any text, in any language, when users are denied access|
|Exclude Blog Homepage – If you use the latest blogs as homepage, you can easily create an exception to make sure the homepage is not restricted|
|User Blacklist – Create a list of users who are denied access to content|
|User Whitelist – Create an exclusive list of users who are granted access to content|
|Allow Guest Users Only – Restrict content so that only non logged-in (guest) users can access specific pages or content|
|Redirect Page – Define a page users will be redirected to once they try to access content which is available for members only|
|User Role Redirect Page – Select a redirect page users will be redirected to once they try to access content restricted to a different role|
|Time Redirect Page – Choose the page users will be redirected to if their account hasn’t hit the necessary number of days from creation|
Membership Solution Utilities
|Bulk Update – Update multiple access restrictions to post and pages at once|
|Quick Edit – Support quick edit functionality so “ad hoc pages” can also be edited to add access restrictions. This is useful for 3rd party plugins|
|Customize Denied Message – Define the content users without access will see|
|Registration and Login – Integrate the User Registration and Invitation Codes to allow easy login and registration. Control the fields in your registration forms by role. Offer registration by invitation code, same page login and many other powerful features|
Content Restriction Plugin Editions and Pricing
|Feature||Pro Edition||Deluxe Edition||Ultimate Edition|
|Restrict access to registered users|
|Restrict access by role|
|Redirect-to for when users are not logged-in|
|Redirect when role doesn’t match requirement|
|Restrict access by URL|
|Restrict access by custom post type|
|Restrict portions of content in post|
|Restrict access by account age (Content dripping)|
|Restrict access by category|
|Bulk update access settings|
|Registration plugin included|
|Approve users after registration|
|Send invitation in bulk emails|
Access and Content Restriction Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin
How do I block (or unblock) an individual post?
The plugin supports blocking or restricting access to individual posts in two ways:
1 – Using a URL method which you can list in the plugin restrict URL section,
2 – On the metabox found on each post edit page which lets you define the access restriction rules for the specific post.
Is there a registration and login widget without the CM Registration plugin?
No. You need to have both the Registration plugin and the Content Restrictions plugin to be able to display a registration and login widget.
You can of course always use the WordPress default login and registration screens.
Can access be restricted to logged-in users?
Can I restrict only certain URLs or pages of my site?
Yes. The plugin includes a URL filtering functionality to help you restrict access to content on your site which is generated with unique URLs. It can also support URL parameters and restrict only URL with specifically set params.
To learn more about URL filtering with the Content Restriction Plugin see this User Guide.
Can the content restriction be applied to specific WordPress roles?
Can the content restriction be applied to specific Custom Post Types?
Can I prevent only new accounts from accessing parts of my site? (Content drip)
Yes, you can set this time restriction, in days, by post type and role. Also, in individual pages.
I use a plugin that has categories. Can I restrict access to those?
Likely yes. The Site Access Restriction plugin allows you to control access by role to categories of all post types. However, since that may involve third-party code, the feature might be obstructed by the other plugin.
Access and Content Restriction Plugin Image Gallery
Access and Content Restriction Reviews
- WonderfulThis is a great option for blocking content and giving access to content to our premium users. This plugin has been wonderful to integrate into our website and improved our customer process overall. Would recommend to anyone in the construction business!
- Lots of optionsQuite powerful! I managed to lock my blog posts and some of the pages to different user roles... lots of possibilities there!
- Stellar team and serviceWhat a stellar team and service. The relevance and value in the membership features are a reflection of the experts behind it. I highly recommend it to anyone.
- Good cost-benefitI used it to make sure only my premium subscribers had access to the best deal pages and it worked like a charm. Had some questions during setup and the support team helped me, so definitely recommend it
- Cool pluginGreat alternative to block content. I especially like that you can hide only part of the pages. My only suggestion would be to make the interface more user-friendly.
Site and Content Restrictions Release Notes
Version 1.5.3 from 15th April 2021
- Bugfix related to before redirect hook
Version 1.5.2 from 13th April 2021
- Fixed user search functionality in options
Version 1.5.1 from 6th April 2021
- Added hook before redirect
Version 1.5.0 from 31st March 2021
- Updated settings description
Version 1.4.11 from 9th March 2021
- Fixed problem with using blacklist and whitelist with an impressive number of site users
Version 1.4.10 from 16th Feb 2021
- Added new options “whitelist”, “blacklist”
- Added new option “allow only anonymous access”
Version 1.4.9 from 2nd Jan 2021
- Bugfix in fade access denied view html
Version 1.4.8 from 30th Nov 2020
- Bugfix related to custom post type restriction
Version 1.4.7 from 8th Sep 2020
- Bugfix related to Too Many Redirects with category restrictions
Version 1.4.6 from 24th Aug 2020
- Added support to show access restriction label with each post on category/archive page
- Bugfix related to access denied due to time restriction URL
Version 1.4.5 from 26th July 2020
- Bugfix related to category restriction feature
Version 1.4.4 from 4th July 2020
- Added new setting for exclude homepage displays with your latest posts
Version 1.4.3 from 11th June 2020
- Bugfix related to restriction message view feature
Version 1.4.2 from 26th May 2020
- Feature: Added restriction message view
- Updated package 1.9.0
Version 1.4.1 from 1st Apr 2020
- Feature: Added restriction by category
- Feature: Added restriction which allows denying access X days from registration
Version 1.4.0 from 17th Mar 2020
- Bugfix in meta settings with media attachment
- Updated package 1.8.10 <
- Added support to restrict post taxonomy too
- Added labels tab in settings
- Fixed the page restriction bug for wildcards
- Fixed the bug with restrictions not working for some custom post types
- Removed warning
- Updated package 1.8.9
- Updated package 1.8.6
- Bugfix related to check user role
- Remove notice and warning
- Bugfix related to live bind in jQuery
- Added restrict dashboard access to user as per user role.
- Updated license package.
- Updated the shortcodes page.
- Updated licensing package
- Fix bug while processing shortcodes within shortcodes
- Added parameter reverse to the access shortcode
- Added URL filters
- Added the access shortcode
- Added post bulk edit feature
- Added post quick edit feature
- Added access settings per post type