WordPress Search and Replace Plugin Description
WordPress search and replace tool allows you to change the content of your posts, pages, comments, titles, ACF fields and excerpts just before they are displayed on the front end of your site, with or without making changes in the WordPress database.
This real-time search and replace tool applies any number of predefined rules after a page is generated by WordPress, but before it is sent to a user’s browser.
The admin can also commit permanent changes to the database on specific pages or the whole site.
Defining Multiple Find and Replace Rules
This WordPress find and replace plugin makes it simple to replace domains, content or html on your WordPress site.
|This mass search and replace plugin completes a quick and easy search of a WordPress site, so users will be able to see which posts or pages would be affected before applying the changes.||Search/Replace Rules Dashboard|
Search and Replace Script on WordPress Custom Posts
The WordPress search and replace script functionality is ideal for quick changes of search/replace data with or without applying them to the WordPress database.
Replace numbers, links, dates and IP addresses by using Regex (Regular Expressions).
Replace Content On the Fly Or Save Changes to DB
When you create the replacement rule, it changes the content on the fly - that means, that changes are displayed only on the front-end, and the original content stays the same on the back-end.
|Example of the Front-end Button for Admin to Implement Permanent Changes to DB||The plugin also allows you to implement permanent changes to DB. It means that the content will be changed in the original post, and not only on the front-end.|
Time Restricted Search And Replace
Define the date and time when the replacement rule will be active.
You can define any number of time periods for each rule.|
This can be useful, when you don't need to replace specific content all the time, and you can set automatic replacements according to your schedule.
|Adding Timeframes to the Rule|
Third-Party Plugins Special Support
The plugin is compatible with third-party plugins, so you can search and replace the content in:
How To Use Search and Replace Plugin
- Create Rule – Tell the plugin what you want to replace. For instance, “http” should become “https”. Use Regex for more complex cases
- Case-sensitive? – Should the rule be consider and capture “John” but not “john”?
- Restrict Post Type – Define if the rule should affect posts, pages or custom post types
- Limit Pages – Exclude any number of pages from the rule
- Specify – Substitute in the title? Content? Excerpt? Comments? You choose
- Set Date – Pick a time frame (for instance, only last month)
Using the WordPress Search and Replace Plugin
- Censor Bad Content – Censor comments, content generated by plugins on defined pages or posts.
- On-Demand Search and Replace Script – Make temporary changes in content and limit them to a specified time period.
- Replace HTML Code in your Content – Search and replace HTML code on the fly.
- Replace Images in Content – Search and replace images on the fly.
- Date and Time Controls – Feature content on specific dates or time periods.
- Target Specific Posts – Target specific posts or exclude other posts from being parsed.
- ACF and Yoast Support – Supports replacing content in ACF plugin and Yoast metadata fields.
- Frontend Widget to Toggle Replacements – Optionally add toggle on and off search and replace buttons on each post frontend for specific users.
- Save Changes to Database – Optionally add toggle to save changes made to a specific post to the database so they will be permanent.
Example of Replacements
- “http” to “https” in the content of all posts in the last 6 months
- “mark” to “Dr. Mark” in the title of all profile pages
- All IP addresses to “xxx” in BBPress forums
- “Beta Version” to “Final Version” in all WooCommerce Attribute labels
- “cminds” and “cmind” to “CreativeMinds” in the Yoast SEO Title of the last three pages
Search and Replace Use Case Examples
- Save Time – Search and replace HTML errors on multiple pages at once and skip all manual work.
- Censor Bad Content – Quickly filter swear words and suspicious links posted anywhere on your website.
Search and Replace Plugin Related Use Cases
WordPress Search & Replace Tool Additional Resources
Best Search Replace Plugin Basic Features
- Define search and replace rules
- Supports posts and pages
- Supports text and html
- Supports case sensitive content
High Quality Search and Replace Plugin Premium Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this essential plugin.
|All WordPress Content Types – Define search and replace rules for comments, posts, pages, titles, content and excerpts View Screenshot: Specific Content Search and Replace.|
|Local Changes – Perform replacements only locally and don’t save them to the database|
|Update Database – Optionally, commit replacement rules to the database so they will be permanent|
|Limit to Specific Post Types – This word replacer plugin supports search and replace only on specific types of content or custom posts..|
|Modify or Remove Content – This WordPress editor plugin allows you to modify search and remove the content without replacing it.|
|Case Sensitive – This Word Replacer tool supports case sensitive replacements.|
|Rules Management – Pause certain rules or delete them.|
|Frontend Widget – Save time by using front-end control widget to turn search and replace on and off.|
|Import and Export Rules – Import and export rules between your sites.|
|Drag and Drop – Easily change and modify the order of rules using drag and drop interface.|
|Time restricted search and replace – Supports applying the search and replace rules on specific dates.View Screenshot: Time based search and replace.|
|Target Specific Posts – Easily handle and target rules for specific posts or pages with this text editor plugin.|
|Regex search and replace – Use Regex search and replace statements.View Screenshot: Regex search and replace rule.|
|CM Tooltip Glosary – Special support for tooltips provided by the plugin CM Tooltip Glossary.|
|ACF – Special support for Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) plugin fields.|
|WooCommerce – Special support for WooCommerce labels.|
|bbPress – Special Support for bbPress content.|
|Yoast – Special Support for Yoast content.|
|Replace Text – Supports text replace in the post editor.|
|Open-Source – This sitewide search replace plugin is an open source tool.|
|Text and HTML – Easily search and replace text or html tags throughout the entire WordPress system.|
WordPress Search and Replace Plugin Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this simple plugin.
Can I replace the titles of posts?
Can I limit changes to a week?
Can I use this awesome plugin to replace product names and attributes?
Absolutely. If you happened to change the title of one of your product names, you can easily replace it using the Search and replace plugin. You can also change other product attributes, such as the short and long descriptions, color, size etc, but bear in mind the changes will not be saved on your database, which is why this method is more suitable if you’re interested in a temporary change rather than a permanent one.
I am migrating my WordPress website to a new URL/domains and unsure about where and how to update old URLs in the database, I want to skip the tedious process of manually changing the Domain/URL, Can this Plugin help in migration?
Is there any option for the restoring the data?
Does this plugin support any language?
Is there any free version of this plugin?
I need to exclude a content replacement rule from my excerpts. Is that possible?
Yes. When creating a new content replacement rule, you can mark one or more of the following parameters as excluded from the search & replace rule:
You can also add other areas to exclude according to your personal preferences. The selected areas will not be affected by the new content replacement rule.
Can I create case sensitive Search & Replace rules?
Search and Replace Image Gallery
Customer Reviews for the Search and Replace
Works just as stated, and is simple to install.
- Great plugin, helped me a lot
~200 pages of articles, with most of them needing links replaced. CM On Demand Search and Replace helped me turn this job (that I feared will take me days) into a simple, easy and fast one. Thank you!
- Amazing Plugin!!!! Very Easy to Use.
This plugin does the job excellently well!
I’ve been searching endlessly for days on how to change some texts on my site pages into html image codes to no avail.
This plugin came to the rescue. The ease of use is amazing: just copy and paste – one to the left the other to the right. That’s it.
Thanks so much for making that core plugin function of search and replace free-of-charge. Although there is a little advert at the bottom of the pages I applied it but that can easily be edited out if you want to in the Edit page area.
Thanks a bunch.
- simple powerful and fast
It was so simple and I was able to find effects instantly
- Great plugin!!!
The plugin and especially the customer support is great! I had the following problem: I auto created 25.000 posts to my website that each had a different title and different content. However, I made a mistake and each title contained a “#” sign in the title. So, I bought this plugin to get rid of the “#” sign in each single title of all the 25.000 posts on my website. I tried but had problems figuring it out. Then I contacted customer support that could help me straight away! Now, all my post titles are perfect! I can recommend this plugin a lot!
- Fast and efficient plugin
- Powerful Plugin!
Great, fast, efficient plugin. great support! You can use it to change anything in your site without editing theme files, it’s the complementary to “custom CSS” it’s custom HTML!
- Simple and valuable!
Great solution to replace words on the fly without really editing content.