WordPress Mail SMTP Plugin
What is SMTP and Why my WordPress Site Needs It
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is a communication protocol to transfer emails over the Internet. Sending WordPress emails can sometimes be problematic as you can wind up banned or blocked by mail gateways.
You also need to count on the server your WordPress site is installed on and be sure it is configured properly to handle outgoing emails. The WordPress default uses the PHP mail() function or the PHP wp_mail() function leading to trouble sending mail successfully.
Using the WordPress SMTP Plugin
- Preferred SMTP Method Selection – Define your preferred SMTP gateway for sending email in WordPress
- Multiple MAIL SMTP Profiles – Create several SMTP gateway profiles
- Audit and Logging – Log outgoing emails to track potential issues or audit
- Customize Mail Headers – Configure your outgoing email structure, mail headers and priority
- Secure your Sent Emails – Avoid lost emails, emails marked as spam and more issues with sent emails not being delivered
WordPress Mail SMTP Plugin Additional Resources
WordPress MAIL SMTP Related Plugins
WordPress Email Tools and Mail SMTP Plugin Features
- Use SMTP account to send WordPress emails – Specify an SMTP account profile to use from a list of available profiles
- Encryption – Choose SSL/TLS encryption for each defined SMTP profile
- Avoid Trouble sending email – Bypassing the default WordPress PHP mail function for sending WordPress email and sending via an SMTP server with proper SMTP authentication will increase email deliverability
- Proper Authentication – Choose whether or not to use SMTP authentication for each defined SMTP profile
- Username and Password Settings – Specify an SMTP username and password for each defined SMTP profile
- Sender name and reply-to – Specify the sender name and reply-to email address for outgoing email
- Multisite – Supports Multisite environment
- Multiple SMTP Profiles – Supports multiple SMTP server profiles
- Free SMTP and Paid SMTP email service compatible – Pair Our WordPress SMTP Plugin with a paid SMTP service such as MailGun or SendGrid to send Mass Emails from WordPress, or go with a free SMTP service to simply increase email deliverability
- Log Outgoing Emails – The most advanced tool to log the outgoing emails and the SMTP client-server messages
- Password Encryption – Support for password encryption for each defined SMTP profile
- Control Mail Headers – Option to remove some mail headers
- Hide Passwords – SMTP password is always hidden for each defined SMTP profile
- Amazon SES – Support for Amazon SES
- Return Email Address – Support for return path email address
- Priority Settings – Options to set SMTP priority
- Diagnostic tools – Test the communication between WordPress and the SMTP server
WordPress Email Tools and Mail SMTP Image Gallery
WordPress Mail SMTP Plugin Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use this plugin to send email via Gmail / Google Apps?
Does the SMTP plugin have multisite support?
Does this plugin keep track of sent emails?
Do I need a username/password for the SMTP gateway?
version 1.0.6 18th Dec 2017
Updated licensing library.
Plugin version 1.0.5 Release 15th June 2017
- Update license package
Plugin version 1.0.4 Release 30th Dec 2016
- Added options to change the sender name and e-mail
Plugin version 1.0.3 Release 6th Oct 2016
- Fixed displaying email preview in logs
Plugin version 1.0.2 Release 27th July 2016
- Updated licensing support