WordPress Members Directory Plugin Description
The WordPress Members Directory plugin makes it easy to build an embedded member catalog or professional directory on your WordPress website.
If you are looking to build a curated list of staff, student, or member profiles, this is a quick way to organize and manage such a database within your online community.
Plugin includes customization options which allow you to add custom fields and links to the member page listing.
Allowing Members to Manage Their Own ProfilesTry the Demo
Member Directory Use Case Examples
- Introduce Members – If you have many stores and big team, let all team members know each other by creating a members directory.
- Earn and Let Earn – Charge professionals like teachers, business advisors, freelancer developers etc for being listed. Requires the Payments add-on.
Monetizing Your Member Directory
The Members Directory Payments Edition makes it easy to monetize your directory by charging a membership fee to each member who would like to be included in your industry listings.
You can charge for new member profiles or renewing existing member profile listings, with a customizable cycle length.
It is possible to use a mixed mode payment option, which means that part of the member profile will be visible for free, while other parts will be visible only once a subscription has been paid.
This ultimate Member Plugin allows you to insert advertisements into directory profile pages and search result pages for further monetize your directory.
|Location options for ad placement|
Ad display location can be customized to show above, below, or between a member profile and map.
Any advert can be used from Google or other external sources such as WordPress ad managers like the Popup Banners Plugin.
Member Directory Localization and Supported Languages
Compare the Members Directory Plugin to other WordPress Plugins
Such as: MembershipWorks, PTA Member Directory, Ultimate Member and Member List Plugin
Member Directory Related Products
WordPress Plugin Deals
Get the Members Directory Pro plugin along with other great premium plugins at a huge discount with these special bundles:
Members Directory Plugin Features
Please read the user guide for detailed descriptions about each feature.
|Extended Member Profile – Each member profile can be customized to display the following details: overview, publications, education, experience, address, phone number, email, website URL, and social links such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.|
|Ads and Promotions – Insert Google Ads or advertisements from other plugins onto member profile pages or on the directory search results page.|
|Export / Import – Export and import member profiles to quickly transfer directories between different websites.|
|Search and Filters – Filter member profiles by category, tags or free text search|
|Directory Index Style – Easily change the look and feel of the member directory index page from the plugin settings. This includes layout, size of each profile box, theme and much more. The plugin comes with two preloaded templates.|
|Member Profile Page Design – Choose between two preloaded templates, while further customizing member profile page look and feel further to fit your style.|
|Moderation and Notifications – Moderate new member profile listings or be notified when a new member profile is posted (with the Community Edition)|
|Related Profiles Widget – Show related member profiles on each member profile page.|
|Profile Promotions – Promote specific member profiles in the search results and through the related profiles widget.|
|Custom Taxonomies – Create a custom taxonomy and filtering options to fit your niche.|
|Shortcode Support – Use shortcodes to display a list of all categories, a single member profile widget and more on any page or post.|
|Tags Support – Add tags to each member profile to keep them organized and easy to sort.|
|Editable Labels – All plugin labels can be edited and localized to fit your language or niche.|
|Show position – Show job position with the experts’ name on the expert page.|
|Display City/State – Job city or state can be shown with the List View.|
|Alphabetical Index – The alphabetical index can be shown on the top if you choose the List View.|
|Lightbox – Enable the lightbox option to auto apply WordPress Thickbox on the pictures and videos on the business pages.|
|Frontend Profile Submission – You can give permissions to the members so that they can submit their profiles from the frontend. Submit from frontend option will only appear if you have Member Directory Community Add-on.|
|Registration – With the membership sign-up option, you can give members a backend member access and share restricted content with them, you will need them to register and log in to your site to see the restricted members area. For the registration form, you will need User Registration and Invitation Codes Plugin and for sharing the restricted area with the members, you will need Site and Content Restriction Plugin. You can assign the user roles accordingly in the member only access area and restrict content which you do not want them to see even after giving them user roles.|
|Open Source Software – This is an open source plugin and can be customized.|
|Custom Fields & Member Categories – This reliable WordPress Expert Directory plugin allows you to create custom fields to add desired metadata to the customizable membership forms and Categories too.|
|Image Gallery – You can add pictures to the image gallery on the experts’ profiles.|
|Sidebar – You can add a sidebar on the experts’ profiles for product pages.|
|Reviews – You can allow users to leave a review for the individual user profiles. This simple membership plugin integrates with the CM Reviews and Rating Plugin.|
|Compatibility – Expand membership capabilities by adding more features to your directories. This Members Plugin is also compatible with Business Directory Plugin and Product Directory Plugin.|
|Paid Membership – Create paid membership websites by charging your members or experts for listing them on your WordPress Website with Expert and Member Directory Payments Add-On.|
|Forum – Create a forum like other advanced online communities for your membership groups with the CM Questions and Answers Forum Plugin.|
Member and Staff Directory Editions and Pricing
|Feature||Pro Edition||Pro Community||Ultimate|
|Create any number of member profile listing|
|Choose the default member image|
|Choose the member category|
|Extended profile information|
|Import / Export|
|Profile custom fields|
|Search and Filters|
|Directory Index Templates|
|Profile Page Styling|
|Related profiles widget|
|User can list a profile|
|User can claim existing profile|
|User can manage his profile|
|Admin can moderate new posted profiles|
|User can pay for posting a profile|
|User can pay for renewing a listing|
|User can pay for claiming a profile|
|Member forms support|
Member Directory Additional Addons and Modules
The following list is additional modules and addons which can be installed together with the Member Directory plugin and provide additional functionality. For all-in-one membership solution, you can choose “Member Directory Community Payment” option when selecting the product, it will include the Pro version and both add-ons.
Member Directory Related Plugins
WordPress Members Plugin Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
How do I enable shortcodes for the directory so I can have a gallery above the description?
Can I customize the expert directory widget to match my WP theme?
Can I add my social media links to my expert listing?
Does this Plugin allow me to take payments from people for adding listings?
To take payments the Expert Directory Payments addon is required, the core plugin does not handle payments alone.
Learn more about the Expert directory payments add-on by clicking here.
How can I allow expert listing owners to add or manage their own listings?
Can I filter which expert listings appear on my site
Can I embed ads from Google AdSense?
Absolutely! In fact you can embed ads from any external source by copying the campaign code and pasting it into the location where you want them to appear. This includes Google adsense campaigns, CM Ad changer, or any internal or external source of adverts. Embedded ads are displayed in between your expert directory listings on locations that you define, as shown in the image below:
What filters can I have on my expert directory page?
Does this Plugin support creating directories of businesses?
It could be used for this purpose but our Business Directory plugin is much better suited for this purpose.
Read more about it by clicking here
Does this plugin have BuddyPress integration if I want to integrate BuddyPress profile page?
Does this plugin integrate with s2Member?
Is there a free plugin version?
Is this an open source Plugin and can we customize it?
Does this plugin have a feature of adding unlimited membership levels?
Could this Plugin work for creating a Directory of people rather than strictly for businesses?
It can work for different purposes such as the one you have described. Since the front-end labels can all be changed from their defaults to reflect whatever you want your directory to be about the plugin is very much open to being used in different ways.
It sounds like our Members and Experts Directory plugin might be a better match with what you’re looking for however. Read more about the Expert Directory plugin by clicking here.
WordPress Member Directory Online Demo
This demo shows an index page with all profiles posted in the member directory. Clicking on a profile image will take you to the member profile page.
|Using shortcodes– Using a shortcode to display all categories defined in the member directory. Clicking on a category will show all related members found.|
WordPress Member and User Directory Image Gallery
WordPress Member and User Directory Release Notes
Version 1.4.5 21st July 2019
- Bugfix related to only show items on search feature
Version 1.4.4 05th May 2019
- Bugfix related to custom css
Version 1.4.3 23rd Apr 2019
- Updated package 1.8.9
Version 1.4.2 16th Apr 2019
- Added new addon info
- Bugfix related to Gutenberg support
Version 1.4.1 7th Apr 2019
- Bugfix related to custom taxonomy
- Replaced custom taxonomy featured image input field to media button
- Fixed some typo mistake
- Updated package 1.8.8
Version 1.4.0 1st Apr 2019
- Fixed Incorrect HTML in location shortcode
- Updated package 1.8.8
Version 1.3.9 29th Mar 2019
- Added featured image support
- Added contact form addon support
- Added Gutenberg support with expert post type
- Improved inner join in special search filter
- Improvement in css
- Updated package 1.8.7
Version 1.3.8 4th Mar 2019
- Added cmed_gallery and cmed_videos shortcode in cm_new template
Version 1.3.7 28th feb 2019
- Bugfix in picture gallery delete function
Version 1.3.6 11th feb 2019
- Added position settings for reviews and ratings
Version 1.3.5 28th Jan 2019
- Added show sidebar setting for product pages
- Updated license package 1.8.6
Version 1.3.4 26th Dec 2018
- Fixed bug related to edit category required fields
Version 1.3.3 13th Dec 2018
- Added setting “Enable Lightbox” for expert pages
- Added setting “Display alphabetical index” for List View
- Added setting “Display expert City/State” for List View
- Added setting “Show position with expert name” for expert page
Version 1.3.2 10th Dec 2018
- Added CSS class for unpaid expert
- Improved galley features
Version 1.3.1 20th Nov 2018
- Added expert images gallery and videos feature
Version 1.3.0 6th Nov 2018
- Fixed map loaded issue and zoom
- Fixed bug related to trash post appearing in search
Version 1.2.9 13th Sep 2018
- Owner email and info import via CSV import
- Fixed HTML break issue
- Updated license package
Version 1.2.8 11th Aug 2018
- Added order listing by last name
- Added on the index page show last name first
- Bug: Fixed related to permalinks disabled notice in admin
- Bug: Fixed related to expert image in admin
Version 1.2.7 31st July 2018
- Fixed default expert image issue in Tiles 2.0 View and Expert Directory View
Version 1.2.6 27th July 2018
- Updated license package
Version 1.2.5 24th July 2018
- Added: p and br support in cmed_expert description
- Updated license package
Version 1.2.4 19th July 2018
- Bug: Fixed image import issue from CSV
Version 1.2.3 16th July 2018
- Bug: Fixed related to star rating
Version 1.2.2 8th July 2018
- Bug: Fixed image issue in cmed_expert shortcode
Version 1.2.1 4th July 2018
- Bug: Fixed image issue in cmed_single_expert shortcode
Version 1.2.0 3rd July 2018
- Bug: Fixed expert backend list image
Version 1.1.19 27th June 2018
- Fixed default expert image issue
Version 1.1.18 19th June 2018
- Added the support for admin to change the author
- Added the “the_content” filter for the Expert Page
Version 1.1.17 15th June 2018
- Shortcode list improvements
Version 1.1.16 10th June 2018
- Added GDPR Support
- Added HTML editor support in settings
Version 1.1.15 10th May 2018
- Bug: Fixed a few small bugs and typos
- Feature: Added the integration with the CM Reviews plugin
Version 1.1.14 26th Jan 2018
- Bug: Fixed the bug with the pagination
Version 1.1.13 23rd Jan 2018
- Change: Updated the shortcode settings
- Feature: Added the option to gather and display the statistics of business views/clicks
- Bug: Fixed the bug with the shortcode displaying the wrong items when pagination was disabled
- Bug: Fixed the bug with the image size
- Bug: Fixed several small bugs
Version 1.1.11 26th Sep 2017
- Fix for the bug making it unable to hide the address for expert
Version 1.1.10 10th Sep 2017
- Fix for the imported experts not visible until saved
- Fix for the display of the address (hidden by default)
Version 1.1.8 12th June 2017
- Added the ability to search by Tags
- Updated the Licensing Package
- Added new 1 new view for Index Page and 1 new template for single entry
- Fixed some bugs
- Removed the edit link for the subscribers
- Fixed a grey bar in the product page that is an unwanted scrollbar that appears on Android devices
- Fixed the bug in the letters filter
- Fixed the unclosed div on taxonomies page
- Updated licensing dashboard.
- Added Google Map API support
- Fixed Backlink issue
- Redesigned Star Rating module
- Added the support for Payments AddOn
- Security Fixes