CraetiveMinds Glossary is build using our WordPress Tooltip Glossary Plugin.
You many click on any term on the left to see the definition
- A Round
- A/B Testing
- Above the Fold
- Ad Rotation
- Ad Server
- Admin Panel
- Affiliated Product Name- Example
- Alt Attribute
- Application programming interface
- Bounce Rate
- Burn Rate
- Business Model
- Call Option
- Card sorting
- Checkout Process
- Click rate
Bounce rate or exit rate is a term used in internet marketing to describe the percentage of visitors that leave a website after viewing only one page. The page may be the website homepage or any other landing page which the store owner has built. High bounce rate means that visitors have left the landing page without navigating to any other pages. In an eCommerce business, bounce rates measure how well the landing page, or generally the homepage, is converting visitors into customers. The bounce rate can also indicate how well a landing page is performing in terms of design and structure. If an eCommerce store or a specific landing page has a high bounce rate, this indicates that the visitors are not enticed enough by the content, aesthetics, products, content, or design of the page. A bounce rate of over 80% on an ecommerce webpage is a strong indicator that a webpage needs to be revamped. The average bounce rate should not be more than 50%, according to Inc.com.
Ecommerce merchants with a Magento® storefront may at some point experience high bounce rates. Some common issues often related to this is due to:
- Popups – Visitors to do not like to see popups and popup ads, so they navigate to another page or website.
- Poor Design & Content – If the design is poor and the content is not relevant enough or not made visible to a visitor, they likely will not stick around.
- Incompatible Theme – A website theme that does not correlate or blend with the website’s products or objective will lose visitors.
- Navigation & Links – Webpages with poor navigation and insufficient links to product pages will be dismissed early by new visitors.