Why Use Multi Sub-Admin User Accounts?
If you’re looking for a way to have multiple users and sub accounts under the same master account but with different user permissions, look no further.
The Multi User Account extension has everything you need to create and manage sub logins under a single Magento® account to restrict access levels for each admin user.
Magento User Roles Management Extension Benefits
This multi-user extension is a perfect solution for companies that own a B2C or B2B Magento® online store and would like create one account with multiple sub logins. Companies can control advanced permissions and limit sub-user access and abilities.
For example, one person could be granted the ability to buy merchandise, while another can only view orders and customers and so on.
Restrict Access of Cart Approval by User Role
Account owner Can:
- Restrict Order Creation – Restrict order creation by sub-admin account
- Maximum Order Amount – Restrict order creation by sub accounts only to a predefined amount per order/day/month. If total is higher requires approval
- Cart Approval Process – Set rights for sub-admins to ask for cart approval by master account (sub-admins need to ask master admin to approve their cart, then they can make a purchase)
- Approval Managers – Add other master accounts for the approval of a specific subaccount. Each master admin user account can support more than one sub admin
Using the Magento® Sub Accounts Extension:
- Multi-User Account – Allow account access to other users
- Sub-Logins- Create unique sub logins for multiple users
- Sub-User Abilities – Allow sub-users to create orders, track sales, and modify profile information, depending on defined roles
- User Management – Add, edit, or delete sub-users and user roles in your Magento® online store
- Manage User Permissions– Control user permissions per each individual user
- Security – Prevent site errors and protect sensitive information with strict permission access controls per user role
- Use for B2B – Solution for B2B stores that need to grant limited access sub-admin users
- Order Viewing – Allow employees to see all orders or only their own
- User Roles – Provide another person the ability to perform actions on your site according to their role in the company
- Delegate Store Tasks – Allow online store tasks to be completed by multiple employees, reducing admin time
- Access Permission Levels – Read Only, Modify Account Information (like addresses, names), Order Creation, Order Creation & Modify Account, Order Creation with Approval
- Cart Options – Sub-users can share a shopping cart or each user have own separate cart
- Order Approval – Request for cart approval from the account owner before being able to complete a purchase
- API – Methods for managing and creating sub-users
Advanced Magento® User Permissions Levels:
- Read Only – Sub user can view information such as purchase history and reports, but cannot make modifications
- Modify Account Information – User can only modify general profile information such as addresses and names
- Order Creation – Sub-admin user can create new orders, but cannot modify profile information
- Order Creation & Modify Account – Sub account can create orders and modify profile information
- Needs Approval– Sub user can add items to cart, but account owner must approve them.
- Access Cart or Checkout– Define if sub account can access cart or checkout.
- View Account Orders – Define if sub account can view all account order or only their sub account orders.
- Notifications – Define if sub-admin users will receive order / shipping / invoice notifications emails when they create an order.
Magento User Management Extension Related Resources
- Overview of Magento Online Tutorials for Beginners and Advanced Ecommerce Users
- Down to the Basics: How to Install a Magento Extension
- The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Magento
Multi Sub-Admin User Account Related Extensions
Magento® Multi Sub-Admin User Account Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this extension.
- Multi-User Account- A Magento customer account can have multiple sub-user accounts
- Employee Accounts- Create separate logins for each employee
- Unlimited Users– The account owner and store admin user can create an unlimited number of sub-accounts
- Permission Levels- Grant different permission levels per user, depending on his/her role in the company
- Security- Maintain store security by giving additional users limited access
- B2B- Great solution for B2B companies who may want to restrict access for sub logins
- User Management– Store account owner can add/edit/remove users
- Delete User Accounts– Cancel user accounts at any given time (for example, when an employee leaves your company)
- Sub Account Filtering- Admin users can filter sub-users by name, email, permission level, or user ID
- Order Viewing- Account owner can set sub-users to see only their order history or all orders
- Viewing Cart– Set sub-user to be able to view/not view cart. Account owner can see sub-user’s cart.
- Cart Options- Admin users can set if sub-users share or do not share a shopping cart
- Choose Sub-User- Choose which sub-user can manage orders when creating order in the admin panel
- Order Approval- Require sub-admin users to request order approval from the account owner.
- API- Pull sub-user information and create sub-user accounts
- Shared Cart- Define if subaccounts share the same cart between separate accounts
- Employee Account Management– Easy to use recover/change password and email for sub-user accounts on the frontend
- Email Notifications– Define whether a sub user will receive a copy of order emails
- Import Customers from Admin– Admin users can import customers and sub-accounts with all permissions and access options using .csv import from the backend
Magento® Multi Sub User Account Modules
Multiple Master Sub-Account – Admin can assign sub accounts to multiple master accounts. It can support a sales rep that works for different account owners or move sub account from one master account to the other. This means that the same sub-account can belong to two master accounts.
Magento® Multi User Account Image Gallery
Magento® Multi User Sub Account Demo Request
Magento® Multi User Account Extension Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this extension.
How many sub-users can a customer have on a single Magento account?
Who would benefit from using multiple Magento subaccounts?
Ultimately, the extension is best for companies or corporations who may be employing different people for purchasing equipment and supplies, and would like to keep track of who buys what. It is also useful for accountants and managers that need to view the monthly expenses of their company, and for administrators to supervise purchases.
The majority of sites using this extension will be B2B but there are plenty of B2C site applications as well.
Who can approve sub-users' order requests?
The first answer to this is, it is possible to set a sub account user’s permission to allow them to create orders themselves. Then of course the Parent user of the sub account user or the administrator can approve their order request. We have also included a feature that allows either the store admin or the parent user to delegate sub user approvers, who are sub users with permission to approve other sub users’ order requests. There is a lot of flexibility in who can or cannot approve orders trickling down from the preference of the Admin.
To learn more about sub user approvers check out this Help artice.
Is there any way to import a list of users and sub account users in bulk?
Yes. We have included a CSV import option to import and update lists of Users on the site. There is a sample CSV included with the extension which can be downloaded and used as a schema to get you started. There is also an API integration which could be used to build a custom solution for importing users and sub users.
Does the extension send email notifications for new order requests? If so who receives them?
Good question. Yes. There are email notifications sent when new order requests are submitted by sub account users. Who receives them depends on the configuration set by the administrator. Either the Master account, the subaccount approver with the closest approval limit or both the master account and the most suited sub account user will receive a notification.
To learn more about notification emails read this Help artice.
Can a subaccount be associated to more than one master account?
Does the extension support API methods for creating/managing sub-accounts?
Yes. The extension comes with Soap v2 API methods, see all info for this here: http://creativeminds.helpscoutdocs.com/article/1661-multi-user-adding-sub-accounts-soap-v2-api
Can sub-accounts be bulk imported using CSV?
Version 1.6.1 14th Feb 2018
- fixed undefined index notice at admin panel order create page
- fixed order data when admin placed an order as subaccont
- license module fix
Version 1.6.0 23rd Jan 2018
- Bolding master accounts on customer grid in admin panel
- Added support for approve cart on cart page when Ultimo Theme is installed
Version 1.5.3 15th Oct 2017
- Fixed empty rows on customer grid
- Fixed filtration for customers to convert grid. It’s not showing any results if parent account did not have any subaccounts assigned
Version 1.5.2 10th Sep 2017
- Hide send for approval button on checkout review step if cart is already approved
- Fixed deleting items from subaccount cart
- Show product images on product list in sub account add to cart
- Fixed extension for older EE versions
Version 1.5.1 30th Aug 2017
- Fixed bugs in the extension on Magento 1.9.0
- Reorganised system config
Version 1.5.0 3rd Aug 2017
- Added sharing addresses between subaccounts when split session is enabled
Version 1.4.4 21st June 2017
- Added parent customer column to the CSV file exported from customer grid
Version 1.4.2 9th June 2017
- Fixed order amount limit conditions
Version 1.4.1 17th May 2017
- Fixed order amount limit conditions
Version 1.4.0 13th April 2017
- Sub Accounts with “Order Creation & Modify Account” can be approvers for other sub accounts carts (up till now only Master could approve)
- Master or Admin can assign specified approvers to chosen sub accounts who’s orders need approval
- Master/Admin can set order amount limits for sub accounts (for order/day/month/year)
- Sub Accounts without order creation permission may send their cart to other sub accounts who have the required permission – sub account receiving the cart are able to switch their own for this cart when ready (he can collect carts from many sub accounts before switching).
Version 1.3.10 15th March 2017
- Added missing sample CSV file for uploading subaccounts
Version 1.3.9 16th Feb 2017
- Fixed issue with hidden customer tab in admin panel when extension is not activated
Version 1.3.8 4th Feb 2017
- Fixed bug in code for old php version
- Small fixes on email templates (added correct currency for totals, font changes, spacing)
Version 1.3.7 1st Feb 2017
- Sorted permissions in manage users list
- Added tooltips with permission descriptions in edit/add subaccount form
- Changed styles for unavailable permissions
Version 1.3.6 20th Jan 2017
- Small fixes
Version 1.3.5 14th Jan 2017
- Added feature which allow managing Sub Account Cart by Master
- Added feature which allow placing Subaccounts’ orders by Master
Version 1.3.2 24th Nov 2016
- Fixed saving sub account passwords after editing to correspond with customer password
Version 1.3.1 20th Oct 2016
- Added feature which allows Admin to choose Customer Groups allowed to Manage Sub Users
Version 1.3.0 19th Oct 2016
- Added feature which allows converting existing Customers to Sub Accounts
- Hide Sub Accounts tab in Admin Panel for Customers which are already Sub Account
Version 1.2.9 27th Sep 2016
- Added missing observer file for Magento Enterprise
Version 1.2.8 9th Sep 2016
- Fixed changing password by Sub Accounts
- Fixed Order View when Sub Accounts are logged in
- Show parent_customer column in Manage Customers Grid
Version 1.2.7 9th Aug 2016
- Added missing patches Model
- Fixed return message in API method
Version 1.2.6 4th Aug 2016
- Added import accounts functionality
Version 1.2.5 8th July 2016
- Feature: sub accounts session emulation
- Fixes: sub users reset password fix
Version 1.2.4 19th May 2016
- Set correct sub-user group id when cart is not shared (split session)
Version 1.2.3 3rd Apr 2016
- Changed API method
Version 1.2.2 25th Mar 2016
- Added possibility to approve Sub Account cart by the master, added new grid in admin panel with all requests for approval
- Added option to choose whether or not Sub Accounts receive a copy of order/invoice/shipment emails
- Fixed bug with creating bind customers to existing Sub Account
- Added fixes to get Sub Account information in Sales Order Info API 2
- Added a new form to change Sub Account email/password on the frontend
Version 1.2.1 23rd March 2016
- Fixed wrong method of return value in helper
Version 1.2.0 13th Mar 2016
- Added Api v2 method to create sub-user
- Added button in cart/checkout to send for approval when sub-user have not permission to place an order
- Move creating ‘parent customer’ column in manage customers to observer
- Delete sub-users when main account is deleted
Version 1.1.8 1st March 2016
- Display sub-user information in the order
- Added option to choose sub-user while creating order from admin panel
- Added API method to create sub-users
- Added option to choose if user’s session is shared or not
- Ability to share or not share carts between sub-user and master account
Version 1.1.7 3rd Feb 2016
- Fixed customer reset password on newest Magento version 22.214.171.124.
Version 1.1.6 15th Dec 2015
- Fix bug related to Magento® security patch
Version 1.1.5 4th Dec 2015
- Fixed the bug with resetting password on Magento ver. 126.96.36.199 and lower
Version 1.1.4 24th Nov 2015
- Added Access to see cart page
- Added Access to checkout page.
Version 1.1.3 30th Sep 2015
- Fixed password reset issues
Version 1.1.2 16th April 2015
- Change sub accounts list in customer panel to standard magento table
- Fixed deleting sub accounts in admin panel
Version 1.1.1 1st April 2015
- New role added : view orders
- Ability to add sub account in admin panel
Extension Version 1.0.1 23rd February 2015
- Add support to with CM Marketplace
- Bug Fixes