WordPress Telegram Bot Plugin
Take your Telegram messaging app experience a step further with the WordPress Telegram Bot Plugin automation capabilities.
Send automatic messages, alerts, emails and SMS based on Telegram conversations and much more.
Multiple Integration Rules
Telegram to WordPress Repeater
|WordPress page with Telegram message feed||
Store all Telegram messages in WordPress.|
Output that content anywhere on your page, filtering by different groups or categories.
Telegram to Email Repeater
As soon as a specific term appears in the group, the bot sends a predefined message to a chosen user.
|Bot reacts to the term 'bot' with predefined message||
The message is sent to the group and includes the username.|
To avoid spam, snooze the rule or only execute it every a certain amount of hours.
When a user in a group write down specific terms, the bot sends a customizable message.|
Example: after a 'Nice to meet you' or similar, the bot sends greetings.
|Bot responds to the whole group|
Telegram to SMS Repeater
Telegram to SMS Alerts
|Email with image attachment||
All email rules can include images and GPS coordinates.|
Include images in the email content and as an attachment.
When a user shares locations, it will be shown as a coordinate in the email.
Track every message sent to the groups where the bot is in.
It includes the group ID for easier checking.|
If the message triggered a rule, the log will show if the rule was performed correctly. The information is extremely useful for troubleshooting.
|Bot Log showing group ID, messages and status|
Easy Telegram Set Up
- Create Telegram Account – You can use it via a web browser or dedicated apps. A telephone number is required. More details: official documentation.
- Create Bot – Contact the user @BotFather, write /newbot and follow the instructions. Step-by-step with pictures: Telegram – Creating a Bot.
- Add Bot to Group as Admin – Make sure it’s an admin. You can add the bot to multiple groups. Step-by-step with pictures: Telegram – Adding Bot to Group.
- Connect Bot to Plugin – Copy the bot’s access key into the plugin’s settings. Step-by-step with pictures: Telegram Bot – Connecting Telegram to WordPress.
- SMS: Connect Plugin to Amazon SNS Service – Create an Amazon SNS API and connect it to the plugin via the plugin’s settings.
- Create Rules – With all set up complete, it’s time to create exciting and useful rules! Check the article Rules Overview, Creating and Editing to get started
Telegram Bot Plugin Use Cases
- If someone writes “help”, send them the local emergency numbers and alert the authorities via SMS at once, copying the user’s message
- Update the team by email every time someone mentions “new report”. Only do this once a day to avoid spam
- Display all recent group messages on your WordPress site
- Warn users as soon as they use a curse word by calling out their username along with a predefined message
- Backup all or certain messages from a Telegram group to your email
- And much more!
Telegram Bot Plugin Related Use Cases
WordPress Telegram Bot Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin
Telegram Integration Features
|WordPress Repeater – Store all messages from a specific group in WordPress and output the content using a shortcode|
|Email Repeater – Send messages sent in a Telegram group to one or many emails. Mark words as “stop words” to prevent them from triggering the bot|
|Mention Messages – Mention a user after certain words or expressions are sent to the group|
|Group Messages – Emit message to all users based on certain conditions|
|SMS Repeater – Send a copy of Telegram group conversations to a mobile device|
|SMS Alert – Send notifications to multiple phone devices whenever certain keywords are used|
|Require Keywords – Only activate rules when certain keywords appear on chat|
|Avoid Keywords – Only activate rules when certain keywords do not appear on chat|
|Snooze – Pause rules for a certain amount of time to avoid multiple or repeated bot actions (spam)|
|Anti-Spam Timer – Only apply message rule every a certain amount of hours and avoid spam|
|Track Count – Use bot rule only once every X amount of time the term is detected|
|Powerful Log – Track every message sent, even if it doesn’t trigger a rule|
|Easy Setup – You only require Telegram’s API key and groups|
|Reliable SMS – Uses Amazon’s sturdy SNS service, which works for over 200 countries (check the list)|
|UTF-8 Support – Works with virtually all languages, including Chinese, Hindi, Arabic and Hebrew|
WordPress Telegram Bot Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin
Why do I need this plugin?
The uses are various: backup messages from your business, display certain Telegram messages in the intranet for selected users to see, create a smart alert system or react to users conversation with predefined answers when a keyword is detected.
This Telegram tool helps you create a series of powerful automations that are sure to fit to your use case.
What do I need to use this plugin? Is there any extra cost?
A Telegram account and a Telegram group/s, where the bot should be included as an administrator.
You also require a free Telegram API key to connect your account with the plugin.
Your site has to use the secure HTTPS protocol.
Finally, you need an Amazon AWS account if you would like to send SMS. This can incur in extra costs.
Does the plugin work on the mobile and desktop versions of Telegram?
Yes, it works seamlessly with both.
Does this plugin have documentation
Yes. You can find all details on using the plugin and more in the documentation page.
Questions About Creating Automations
Which automations can I create?
- WordPress Repeater – Store all messages from a specific group in WordPress and output the content using a shortcode
- Email Repeater – Send messages sent in a Telegram group to one or many emails. Mark words as “stop words” to prevent them from triggering the bot
- Mention Messages – Mention a user after certain words or expressions are sent to the group
- Group Messages – Emit message to all users based on certain conditions
- SMS Repeater – Send a copy of Telegram group conversations to a mobile device
- SMS Alert – Send notifications to multiple phone devices whenever certain keywords are used
How many automations can I create?
The plugin does not set any limit.
Can I customize messages sent from the bot?
Yes, every message is customizable. You can use different templates for each rule.
Can I filter messages so only the important ones trigger the bot?
Yes. You can configure both necessary keywords and keywords that should be avoided.
You can also set a time limit – say, one message per hour. That way, you can prevent spamming.
Can I send messages in languages other than English?
Yes, and the plugin supports virtually all languages, including Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Hindu and more.
Do messages replicated as emails include images?
Yes. You can include them in the email body and as attachments.
Can messages replicated as emails include locations?
Yes. They will be transformed into GPS coordinates.
Questions About SMS
What do I need to send SMS?
An Amazon AWS account is required. Check Amazon’s website for more information.
Do I have to pay to send SMS?
Amazon requires a credit card to register to the service and may bill you depending on usage. You can check details in its SNS pricing page.
Can I send SMS messages from and to my country?
Amazon’s SNS service supports over 100 countries.
Check if your is in the SNS support list.