WordPress Blog Widgets Plugin Description
WordPress Blog Widgets Plugin adds 5 sidebar custom widgets which are easily configured and help expose the content of your blog posts in many visually engaging ways.
Creative Blog WidgetsEach WordPress widget is designed to adjust itself to your WordPress theme, and since they are fun to play with, they also contribute to the overall user experience of your site's blog.
|Example of a dynamic bubble widget|
WordPress Visual Blog Widgets Included
- Blog Dynamic Cloud– Shows a cloud of Blog Categories or Tags (shortcode available)
- Blog Word Cloud– Shows a Color cloud of Blog Categories or Tags (shortcode available)
- Blog Single Random Post– Shows a single random post short description
- Blog Color Cloud– Shows a Color cloud of Blog Categories or Tags
- Blog Bubble Chart– Shows a Bubble Chart of Blog Categories or Tags (shortcode available)
Creative Widgets ShortcodesOn top of the blog widgets, this WordPress widgets plugin also supports 3 shortcodes that allow you to display the widgets visual content on any page or post on your site.
|Example of a dynamic word hash widget|
Visual Blog Widgets Use Case Examples
- News & Persona Blog Website – Increase user engagement and content readability with eye catchy terms and categories.
- Landing Content Page – Create a visually stunning landing page showcasing terms and categories that matter to you.
Visual Blog Widgets Additional Resources
Visual Blog Widgets Related Products
WordPress Visual Blog Widgets Plugin Features
|Five Widgets – Blog Dynamic Cloud, Blog Word Cloud, Blog Single Random Post, Blog Color Cloud, Blog Bubble Chart|
|Interactive Widgets – All visual widgets are interactive and direct users to relevant pages when clicked|
|Customizable – All widgets can be customized in terms of appearance and functionality|
|Add Widgets To Pages – Include widgets in any page or post|
|Add Widgets To Sidebar – Include widgets in the sidebar or footer|
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
Visual Blog Widgets – Dynamic Clouds
Dynamic clouds offer a way to get familiar and experience the terms / categories or tags related to your content. The visual tool takes parameters such as the maximum number of terms and the type of content to display (tags or categories)
MailerLite Email Marketing for Easy Digital Download Image Gallery
Once used as a shortcode, width of the display area can be set as well. Clicking on any word in the cloud takes the user to the page which represents that word- whether tag or category- where all related posts are listed for easy navigation
Visual Blog Widgets – Word Clouds
Word clouds are very widely used these days and bring a fresh way to look at content. Some well known websites such as Wordle are offering a “do it yourself“ word cloud, made up of text that you provide them.
The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text, whereas the size of the word is defined by the amount of times it is referenced within the blog.
Once used as a shortcode user can also set the width of the display area as shown in here. Clicking on any word in the cloud takes the user to the page which represents that word- whether tag or category- where all related posts are listed for easy navigation.
Visual Blog Widgets – Bubble Graph
Bubble graph is a way to represent diversity and the importance of one tag or a category present in your blog. In the case of the widget used in this plugin, the size of the bubble is defined by the number of times it appears in the blog.
Once used as a shortcode, users can set the width of the display area as shown bellow. Clicking on any bubble takes the user to the page which represents this category or term.
Visual Blog Widgets Image Gallery
Products Recommendation Plugin Demo
This demo shows how blog widgets shortcodes visualize the blog categories content. 3 different widgets are displayed.Go to Demo
Blog Widgets Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
How does the random post widget work?
Once inserted into your site, the random post widget will select posts randomly and display them to your site users. You can define which category to draw the random post from, or leave that field open to display posts from all blog categories. You can also define which elements you want to appear on the random post widget, for example- title, excerpt, featured image and read more tag. This will help expose the old blog content on a regular basis without having to make any special efforts.
To learn more about the Random Post widget see this Help article
Can I add my tag cloud anywhere I want?
To learn more about the shortcode and its parameters, see this Help article.
Can I use more than one widget at the same time?
Can the widgets be implemented using shortcodes?
Customer Reviews for the Plugin
- Super creative!Want to add color and design to your pages easily? Then you NEED this plugin! The word cloud and color cloud are visually stunning and still very organized. Great plugin for the money too!
- Good visualsMade our blog look much nicer. We use tags a lot, so I'm happy to see they put to good use!
- Got it for the random post widgetSimple but effective ;)
- Easy to useJust drag one of the options from the widget area. Great support too
Visual Blog Widgets Release Notes
Version 1.1.3 7th Apr 2019
- Updated package 1.8.8
Version 1.1.2 12th June 2017
- Updated licensing package
Version 1.1.1 10th August 2016
- Updated licensing dashboard.
Version 1.1.0 13th July 2016
- Fixed bug in Blog Word Cloud widget
Version 1.0.10 19th May 2016
- Added min-width/min height to bubble widget
- Improved licensing dashboard and module
Version 1.0.9 9th Feb 2016
- Fixed the bug with displaying the existing shortcodes
Version 1.0.8 25th Feb 2016
- Added automatic updates from plugin dashboard
- Replaced plugin admin interface including license activation and user guide
Plugin Release 1.0.7 7th Jan 2016
- Security update (add esc_url() before add_query_arg() and remove_query_arg())
- Updated the LicensingAPI
- Ensured the WordPress 4.4 compatibility
Plugin Release 1.0.6 22nd Apr 2015
- Fix potential XSS issue
Version 1.0.5 14th Apr 2015
- Fixed several bugs
Version 1.0.4 1st Apr 2015
- Added support to font size in Word cloud