Glossary Community Terms AddOn Description
Tooltip Glossary WordPress Community Terms Add-On provides an easy way for your users to add and suggest new terms to your WordPress Glossary.
Suggested terms that are authored by visitors will appear in the admin glossary dashboard page with a Draft status until approved by the site administrator.
Using the WordPress Community Terms Add-on
- Enrich your site Glossary – Allow site users to add terms to your Glossary list
- Accept Visitor Glossary Term Suggestions – Allow visitors to suggest new terms
- User Terms Dashboard – Allow logged-in users to manage their own terms and add new terms
- Collective Community Glossary – Build a collective vocabulary for your community
- Term Star Rating – Supports star rating widget in glossary term page
- GDPR Compliant – Provides tools that let users have full control over their data, assisting the admin with data regulations compliance. Learn more.
How can WordPress Glossary Community Terms Improve your SEO?
- Higher Engagement – Engage your site users and visitors with a “call for action”
- Expand your Glossary – Expand your glossaries with original term suggestions and ideas
- Improve your Site SEO – Automatically add internal links to your website when a new term is published
- Collective Glossary – Allow team members to contribute to your website’s lexicon
Glossary Community Terms Additional Resources
Glossary Community Terms Prerequisite Plugin
You need to have the CM Tooltip Glossary pro plugin before using this addon
Glossary Community Terms Image Gallery
Glossary Community Terms Online Demo
This demo shows a form for submitting new terms to the glossary. Once user is logged-in, he can also view all his submitted terms using the glossary terms dashboardGo to Live Demo
This demo shows a form for submitting new terms to the glossary. Once term is submitted admin is notified. Admin can moderate the term before it appears in the glossary.Go to Live Demo
Glossary Community Terms Frequently Asked Questions
Can I or other admin decide which Community added terms are allowed in the glossary and which are not?
Yes, glossary term moderation is supported. The moderation feature is enabled or disabled through the add-on settings.
To learn more about term moderation see this Help article.
Can I have scores or rankings / ratings for user submitted terms?
Yes, there is an option to enable or disable star ratings within the plugin settings.
To learn more about star ratings see this Help article.
Can I receive notifications when new terms are submitted by site users?
Do site users receive any notification when their submitted Glossary Terms have been approved?
There is an option to enable User Email Notifications. These are sent when there is any status change with glossary terms that they have added to the site. Most commonly these will be changing from Pending to Published status.
To learn more about user notifications see this Help article.
Can I modify the form that site users use to submit Glossary terms to the site?
Yes. The front end labels that appear on the form can all be customized to suit your preference for how the form should look.
To learn more about changing front-end labels see this Help article.
Glossary Community Terms Related Add Ons
Version 1.2.12 12th mar 2018
- Added the support for Variations
- Bug: Fixed the problems with the styling of the stars
- Bug: Fixed the problem with the admin notice
Version 1.2.10 22nd Oct 2017
- Fixed the warning about missing attribute
- Fixed the warnings about the missing values
Version 1.2.8 6th July 2017
- Added the support for the PeepSo plugin
- Improved the image upload
Version 1.2.7 23rd June 2017
- Added the option to add excerpt
- Added the option to select category
- Added the option to select tag
- Added the option to set synonyms
- Added the option to set abbreviation
- Added the option to show the moderated terms in the User Dashboard
- Fixed small issues with adding/editing terms
Version 1.2.6 4th June 2017
- Updated licensing api support.
Version 1.2.5 9th March 2017
- Changed the old Captcha v1 to brand new invisibleCaptcha
Version 1.2.4 12th January 2017
- Fix a security issue.
Version 1.2.3 10th August 2016
- Updated licensing dashboard.
Version 1.2.2 13th July 2016
Fixed the bug with ReCaptcha not working properly on https based sites (mixed content)
Version 1.2.1 28th June 2016
- Fixed the problem with the content of the Visual Editor not being saved
- Fixed the bug with the stylesheet missing
Version 1.2.0 19th May 2016
- Improved licensing dashboard and operation
Version 1.1.10 20th March 2016
- Updated licensing api support.
Version 1.1.9 25th Feb 2016
- Added automatic updates from plugin dashboard
- Replaced plugin admin interface including license activation and userguide
Version 1.1.8 21st Jan 2016
- Added star rating to glossary term page
Version 1.1.6 7th Jan 2016
- Bug fix to user dashboard
- Added admin notification to moderated terms
- Added option to edit terms from admin dashboard
Version 1.1.4 13th Dec 2015
- Minor Changes in licensing system+bug fix
Plugin Release 1.1.2 05th Nov 2015
- Add shortcode for logged-in users to manage their own terms
- Add admin setting to control if users can delete or edit their own terms
Plugin Release 1.1.1 04th Aug 2015
- Fix bug related to Captcha
Plugin Release 1.0.10 04th June 2015
- Add captcha API support
- Add option to restrict submitting terms to a specific category
Plugin Release 1.0.9 22nd Apr 2015
- Fixed the XSS vulnerability in WordPress add_query_arg() and remove_query_arg() functions
Plugin Release 1.0.7 19th Jan 2015
- Fixed bug wit hversion 3.0 of Tooltip
Plugin Release 1.0.6 05th Jan 2015
- Fixed bug with Captcha
Plugin Release 1.0.3 23rd Sep 2014
- Fixed bugs and css issues
Plugin Release 1.0.0 11th June 2014
- Fixed a bug with settings