Business Directory Community Add-On Description
The WordPress Business Directory Community AddOn by CreativeMinds allows users to add a new listing to the business directory, claim an existing business which was already listed and manage their listings.
This AddOn is a supplement for the Business Directory Plugin and empowers it by letting the users submit and manage their own listings within the business directory.
What Happens when a User Submit a New Business
In cases when the business owner forgets his password, near each business page which is assigned to a business owner, a forgot password link will appear allowing business owner to receive a new password to a registered email
Administrator Tools to Manage Listing
Modifying the Business Submission Form
User Dashboard for the Business Submissions
The plugin support a user dashboard for logged-in users which let them see all their existing listings and manage them. Since business owners are not necessarily defined as WordPress users this dashboard will be usable just in cases where new business submission is made by logged in users.
Claiming an Existing Business
Online Demo – Check ListWP.com
Using the Business Directory Community
- Submit Business Listing – Allow users to submit a new business
- Update your Business Page – Allow users to edit and update an existing business
- Claim an Existing Business – Allow users to claim an existing business already in the directory
Business Directory Community Prerequisite Plugin
You need to have CM Business Directory plugin installed before using the community addon
Business Directory Community Related Plugins
Business Directory Community Plugin Features
- Shortcode support a form with Captcha for submitting and managing businesses
- Admin can define what fields are mandatory in the new business form
- Admin can turn On/off business claim feature
- Admin can turn On/off forgot password feature
- Support external users username and password for managing their business
- Support business owner notifications
- Support changing all the labels related to the business form
- Support moderation of new business postings
- Support logged-in user dashboard for showing and managing listings
Business Directory Community Features in Details
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
- Add a Business form – Using a shortcode admin can place a form where business owners can post new businesses and edit existing. The form mandatory fields are controlled from the admin settings.
- Claim your Business – Each business page which is not already assigned to a business owner can show claim your business form. Once posted admin can moderate and assign a business owner to this business page.
- Password Recovery -Once business is claims, business owner can ask to recover password. An email notification will be sent to the business owner registered email address.
- AddOn Settings – AddOn settings includes Moderation settings of who can moderate new businesses added and notifications settings.
- Business Owner Email – Once claimed business owner email appear in the business edit page from the admin dashboard. Admin can update email and also send password recovery notification.
- AddOn Labels – All labels related to the business details and form are editable. Admin can also define which field is mandatory.
Business Directory Community Image Gallery
Business Directory Online Demo
This demo shows a form for submitting new business listing. Once form is submitted admin is notified. Admin can moderate the listing before it appears on the directory.ListWP Business Submission Live Demo
Business Directory Community Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
How do I enable shortcodes for the directory so I can have a gallery above the description?
You can use WordPress gallery shortcode to display several images in the business description. Just upload the images and then create a gallery.
Can I customize the business directory widget to match my WP theme?
Sure. The business directory is using a shortcode which can be easily embedded into any theme. The plugin settings include many features that supports customizing your business directory’s look and feel
Can I add my social media links to my business listing?
What are the benefits of the Add-on
The business directory Add-On supports external users submissions. This means that you can open the submission of new businesses to external users. The Addon also has moderation features so new businesses submitted can optionally need first to be moderated before they appear in the directory listing.
How can I edit my own business listing
To edit your own business listing you will need to make sure the Add_on is installed and configured. Second you need to claim the business listing page, third once business is claimed you will have a username and password with which you can edit the businesses listing page
Can I filter what business listings show on my site
Sure. each site owner can moderate and manage which businesses appear on their site.
Will businesses be able to edit their directory listings independently?
That would require you to install the business directory community add-on, which will enable you to invite business owners to either create new listings or edit existing ones. You can also use this as a premium feature for which businesses pay a monthly or a yearly fee.
Can I embed ads from Google AdSense?
Absolutely! In fact you can embed ads from any external source by copying the campaign code and pasting it into the location where you want them to appear. This includes Google adsense campaigns, CM Ad changer, or any internal or external source of adverts. Embedded ads are displayed in between your business directory listings on locations that you define, as shown in the image below:
What filters can I have on my business directory page?
That’s up to you to decide. You can choose parameters such as tags, categories, business location and year of establishment as filters, or create you own custom parameter as a filter. Users will also be able to search for businesses by entering keywords into the search bar.
Version 1.3.10 23rd Jan 2018
- Feature: Added the option to display the categories as checkboxes
- Feature: Added the option to assign tags on business form
- Bug: Fixed few small bugs
Version 1.3.9 19th Dec 2017
- Improved the error handling of the form
- Fixed the bug with the address not being saved properly
- Fixed the bug with the facebook, twitter not being properly saved
- Updated the Licensing Package
Version 1.3.8 10th Aug 2017
- Fixed the bug when displaying an error on the suggest a business page
Version 1.3.7 4th Aug 2017
- Fixed the notice in one of the views
Version 1.3.6 29th July 2017
- Fixed the rare bug
- Fixed the bugs with editing
- Fixed the User Dashboard edition option
- Changed the User Dashboard links to open in new tab
- Improved the Image Upload library
Version 1.3.5 9th March 2017
- Changed the old Captcha v1 to brand new invisibleCaptcha
Version 1.3.4 11th February 2017
- Fixed the problems with the e-mails with password not being sent after claim
- Fixed the problems with wrong passwords after claim
- Fixed the bug with the [business] shortcode missing in the admin e-mail notification
- Added the filter allowing to display custom fields in the form
- Improved the support for logged users to edit their businesses
- Fixed some small bugs
Version 1.3.3 12th January 2017
- Fix a security issue.
Version 1.3.0 16th Aug 2016
- Updated licensing dashboard
Version 1.1.9 28th July 2016
- Fixed adding/editing business logo and required setting
- Added setting to moderating edited businesses
- Fixed the problem with captcha
- Updated Platform version
Version 1.1.8 13th July 2016
- Small code issues fixed
- Fixed the rare notice in the CMBD_Cookie on admin screens
Version 1.1.7 11th June 2016
- Security improvements
- Fixed post creating/updating functions
- Fixed post status value after modification
- Fixed a bug during deactivation of the main plugin
- Updated the Licensing API
Version 1.1.6 19th April 2016
- fixed displaying shortcode tips
Version 1.1.5 11th April 2016
- Add user dashboard shortcode for showing logged-in user businesses they have submitted
Version 1.1.4 21st Mar 2016
- Fix small bugs
Version 1.1.3 12th Mar 2016
Version 1.1.2 25th Feb 2016
- Added automatic updates from plugin dashboard
- Replaced plugin admin interface including license activation and userguide
Version 1.3.2 14th Feb 2016
- Integration with the Payment system
- Added the sliding to top after filling the business form
- Fixed some small styling issues
- Added the background color for the overlay
- Fixed the problem with the editor content not being saved when pasting content
- Fix licensing issues
- Added the option to show the login form on the business page
- Fixed the problem with claiming the business
- Fixed some small styling bugs
- Fixed the integration with the CM Business Directory (free edition)
- Fixed the false-negative checks on some mandatory fields
- Fixed the warning on the backend, when the claims list was empty
- Fixed the bug with the address not being saved
- Fixed the bug with categories not being saved
- Fixed the problem with the Business Claim not appearing for some option combinations
- Added the option to change the Suggest a business page ID
- Updated the licensing system
- Fixed bug with captcha
- Fixed the bug with message being displayed when Captcha is disabled and key not provided
- Fixed the error messages
- Fixed the bug with mandatory fields
- Added the shortcode to the list of available shortcodes
- Added the link to the Suggest Business page
- Add support for captcha in claim process
- Add support for email template once claim is rejected
- Add support for claim in process label
- Add support for a single claim at a time process
- Fixed Ajax bug with submitting business