Answers Payment Support AddOn Description
The Payment support for CM Answers adds the ability to charge for posting a question or an answer or both.
Set the payment for asking or answering questions.
Example Use Case
- Charge Users Real Money – Learn how to monetize a tourism forum
Answers Payment Support AddOn Description Prerequisite Plugin
The CM Answers pro plugin is required to use this add-on.
Answers Payment Support Addon Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this add-on.
|Paid Questions – Set a single price for asking questions anywhere|
|Paid Answers – Set a single price for answering questions anywhere|
|EDD and WooCommerce Support – They enable your visitors to pay for content in hassle-free environment, using trusted payment gateways such as PayPal and credit cards|
|Versatile Interface – Allows experts to answer your question and lock the content to paying users. Requires the Ask the Expert plugin|
Answers Payment Support AddOn Image Gallery
CM Answers Payment Support Related Add Ons
Answers Payment Support Add-On Frequently Asked Questions
What Payment Gateways does this plugin work with?
The Answers Payments add-on can use the Easy Digital Downloads or WooCommerce Payments platforms which come with the PayPal payment gateway included by default. This is free to use which makes initial setup easy.
Both EDD and WooCommerce are compatible with many other payment gateways such as Stripe, PayU and Sofort and many more.
Some of these payment gateways will require additional payment to install.
To learn more about payment gateways see this Help article.
Is this Payments add-on compatible with WooCommerce?
Yes. WooCommerce is supported by the CM Answers Payments add-on. The choice between Easy Digital Downloads and WooCommerce is made in the Configuration Settings.
To learn more about WooCommerce compatibility see this Help article.
Does this add-on require Payment for Asking Questions or for Answering them?
Both, or Either. It’s up to you what action you want to charge your site visitors for. You can also charge your site users for unlocking answers for questions posted on your site.
To learn more about this see this Help article.
Can I give users discount codes for answering a certain number of questions?
You can, but this functionality is not built into the add-on. You would need to deal with this manually. Easy Digital Downloads and WooCommerce both have Coupon Codes as part of their feature set.
If you are aiming to Gamify your website then the MicroPayments Plugin might be a good companion plugin for rewarding site visitors for fulfilling certain actions on your site.
Does this add-on integrate with the Experts Plugin?
Yes. This add-on is made to work with both CM Answers and Expert Add-on.
Answers Payment Changelog
Version 2.0.7 from the 3rd April 2022
- Renamed option “Charge user for posting question in this category” to “Choose a specific product for this category”
- Added new subscription settings: Questions and Q&A Subscriptions
- Implemented view with all subscriptions on the admin side
- Added functionality to create user after subscription for EDD payment way
- Implemented Subscriptions for WooCommerce
- Added backlink url after creating subscription via EDD plugin
- Added functionality to make order completed automatically after payment for WooCommerce
- Added functionality to check subscription expiration by WP CRON
Version 2.0.7 from the 9th July 2021
- Implemented settings for answer subscriptions
- Added button and ajax handler to add assigned product to cart and redirect to it.
- Create Subscription by using payment plugins EDD and WooCommerce.
- Added options to send Email about expired subscription
Version 2.0.6 from the 24th May 2021
- Updated license package to version 1.9.1
Version 2.0.5 23rd Jan 2021
- Minor fixes
Version 2.0.4 13th May 2020
- Updated some label text
Version 2.0.3 27th Apr 2020
- Bugfix related to enable user to set price manually with woocommerce/edd
- Updated package 1.8.10
Version 2.0.2 14th Nov 2019
- Bugfix related to unlock expert’s answer feature
- Updated package 1.8.9
Version 2.0.1 3rd July 2018
- Fixed label translation issue.
Version 2.0.0 4th Oct 2017
- Support WooCommerce.
Version 1.0.2 4th Oct 2017
- Protected from using the plugin when EDD if it’s not installed.
Version 1.0.1 8th June 2017
- Updated licensing dashboard.