RSS Feeds Aggregator Plugin for WordPress
Aggregate and curate content on WordPress using the WordPress RSS Aggregator Plugin. This WP RSS feed aggregator is an excellent RSS feed curation tool, perfect for building a knowledge base on any subject.
Arrange content by category or topic to display multiple RSS feeds in an easy-to-use list style.
Kai Zhang: "Makes content organized and easy to maintain - CreativeMind’s keywords search, grouping and labeling feature really stand out in my opinion. They make content organized and easy to maintain. Speed is also pretty fast."
This WP RSS Aggregator plugin is easy to use, easy to customize, and works with any WordPress theme.
Best RSS Aggregator for WordPress: An Excellent Tool for Content Marketing
The plugin is among the best RSS aggregator for WordPress, making it ideal for content marketing. It allows you to import RSS feed easily, maintain a list of favorite RSS feeds, recommend curated content to your users, and create a comprehensive knowledge base by adding categories and subcategories.
@radicarl at WordPress.org: "Simply the best plugin in its category - I tested a dozen plugins to import RSS feeds on my new Web project. Not only the core of this plugin is powerful, but it is very complete in terms of the option. But the best is the excellent customer service..."
How to Curate Content on WordPress with the RSS Aggregator Plugin
- Aggregate RSS Feeds – Build lists of curated RSS news sources or feeds. You can then display lists on any page of your WordPress website.
- Build a Knowledge Base of RSS Syndicated Content – Create a comprehensive knowledge base of the most recent updates in your field.
- Import Essential RSS Content – Import title and short description from the RSS feed.
- Filter Imported Content by Keyword – Filter imported feeds based on keywords (blacklist or whitelist), so you only aggregate the items you want.
- RSS Content Attributes and Image – Display RSS excerpts and thumbnails together with the title, date and source in your feed item display.
- Tooltip Support – Show tooltips including full content excerpts when hovering over an item.
- Sidebar Widget – Add a widget to any section of your WordPress site to display your imported feed items.
RSS Aggregator: Curated Content Website Examples
- Local News Source – Use the tool as a WordPress news aggregator. Aggregate news sources relevant to your city to inform people from the region.
- Content Portal – Organize dozens of lists of feeds, each with its topic of interest.
- Sports Hub – Add feeds from multiple sources and filter them so that the list contains only stories about your favorite sports team.
Related Use Cases for the WP RSS Feed Aggregator
- How to Aggregate Posts From Many Sites and Display Them in a List That Links to the Original Content on Those Sites
How to Build a Curated RSS Feed List
RSS Post Importer vs RSS Aggregator Plugin
CreativeMinds is proud to present two of the best WordPress RSS feed plugins on the market: RSS Post Importer and RSS Aggregator. Both tools allow users to display RSS in WP, but with key differences.
The CM WP RSS Aggregator plugin can read RSS feeds from external sites, but will only keep the title and initial description of the external post while linking to the external URL of the original source for the full post content. Once a user clicks on the title, they will be redirected to the original post.
The CM WP RSS Post Importer plugin imports the actual post content to your site while letting you define the exact template of the content. This gives you complete control over content syndication while pulling feed content from a wide range of sources.
WP RSS Feed Aggregator Plugin: Additional Resources
- Demo: RSS Aggregator Plugin
- Customer Story: He Uses Curated RSS Aggregator To Help Investors Read News That Matter
- Blog: 5 Best WordPress RSS Feed Plugins
RSS Aggregator Related Plugins
WP RSS Aggregator Plugin – Basic Features
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
- Create a list with any number of RSS Aggregator feeds.
- Use shortcode to display RSS items on any page or post as a feed to post.
WP RSS Aggregator Plugin – Advanced Features (Pro Version)
Collecting RSS Feeds Features
|Filter Feeds – Add whitelisted or blacklisted keywords for each feed source. Keywords will be matched against RSS feed content and only items which match the positive keywords or do not contain negative keywords will be imported.|
|Subtitle Extractor – The plugin can read the content of the RSS link subtitle (appears below the link title) from any existing RSS fields. Define the field of what information to extract for each category – for example the price of an item.|
|Source Permalink – Link directly to the original source for each feed item.|
|Update/Refresh Interval – Define the update interval for each RSS feed source. The plugin will refresh the feed content based on the interval parameters.|
Organizing Curated Lists Features
|Create Multiple Lists – Create multiple lists of aggregated RSS feeds from different feed sources. Display RSS items as a feed to post anywhere on the site using a shortcode.|
|Combine Lists – Display different lists or combination of lists on any page by using simple shortcodes.|
|Show Lists Anywhere – Display all the feed items for a specific category anywhere by applying a widget. Or use a shortcode on any post or page to show specific lists.|
|Drag and Drop – Order categories and articles within each list using the drag and drop interface.|
|Exclude Items – Manually remove items from the feed to curate the list of items in the feed.|
|Article Number – The number of items included in each list can be displayed.|
|Automatic NEW Tag – Define which items in the RSS feed will be automatically marked with a specific tag such as “New”. The tag is time based. The tag wil be automatically removed after a pre-defined amount of time.|
|Tag Support – Apply tags to RSS feed items, as defined by keywords found in the RSS item content. Customize the colors of each tag.|
Style and Visual Features
|Image and Favicon – Each item will show a favicon and image if found in the content of the imported RSS content.|
|Last Update – Display the date when the list was last updated.|
|Wide Images – Featured images found in the RSS feed can be displayed in a wide format to create a better fit visual content.|
|Category Image – Set a default wide image for posts to be applied when the link doesn’t have images.|
|Style – Define several options for the look and feel of the list such as tooltip color and font size.|
|Category Color – Choose a background color for each category feed item.|
Features for Visitors
|User Personalization – Each user can personalize the RSS feed display by unchecking the categories they do not want to view in a specific list.|
|Live Filter – Filter list items by category or tag. All relevant items will be displayed upon filtering.|
|Live Search – Search all items by keywords. The list will only display items that match the search.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check the user guide to learn more about this plugin.
What is RSS? Why should I use it?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary – the origin of the phrase is unclear.
RSS organizes content from across the web (such as blog posts and social feeds) into a format that is standard and easy for computers to read.
The RSS Aggregator plugin displays posts from your favorite sources in a list whih is updated in real time.
Learn more: Long Live RSS! Useful List of RSS Topics to Follow.
Can I choose the arrangement of the categories in each list?
Yes. You can manually order the categories appearing in each list with a drag and drop interface in the Plugin settings in the WordPress admin panel.
To learn more about how to organize categories with the RSS Aggregator Plugin see this documentation article.
Can I use the same category in more than one list?
Is there a limit on the number of feed sources I can use?
Is there a shortcode for use on specific pages or posts?
Can I show different feeds on different parts of the website?
Do users choose the categories and subcategories?
Does the plugin import the content over to my site?
What is the difference between the RSS Importer and Aggregator?
Can I choose a background color for each item?
Curated WordPress RSS Aggregator Online Demo
|View a curated list of WordPress news resources generated with the RSS Aggregator plugin.|
|List feed with up-to-date tech and science news fetched from popular sources.|
WordPress RSS Feed Aggregator Plugin Image Gallery
Customer Reviews for the RSS Aggregator Plugin
- Simply the best plugin in its categoryI tested a dozen plugins to import RSS feeds on my new Web project. Not only the core of this plugin is powerful, but it is very complete in terms of option. But the best is the excellent customer service … can even push for the development of the plugin according to our needs. Thanks again to the nice employee Marcin who unlocked my project.
- Brilliant, marvellous, wonderful. fantastic...Brilliant, marvellous, wonderful. fantastic... This problem was solved very rapidly. Excellent response, clear advice and a very rapid resolution to the problem. The plugin works as advertised. Having tried a dozen plugins to get RSS feeds into our website, this one worked first time. :-)