WordPress Two Factor Authentication Plugin Description
The password is the standard security implementation in the computer world. However they can be guessed, hacked, or intercepted. To make up for those weaknesses you can install a two-factor authentication solution.
The two-factor authentication (2FA) plugin from CreativeMinds support one of the following methods:
- Two Factor Authentication using Google Authenticator
- Two Factor Authentication using a Mobile phone by sending SMS
- Two Factor Authentication using a verification link which is sent to the user email
- Two Factor Authentication using a one time code which is sent to the user email
Using the User Login and User Registration Plugin
- Improve WordPress site security – Add an additional unique level of security to each user account
- Define which accounts need enhance security – Admin can define which account type needs extra access security
- Define 2FA Expiration time – Admin can define how long each verification option is valid until user needs to generate a new one
- Define time to logout – Admin can define how long each users can use his recent login in case he is not active for a defined amount of time
WordPress Two-Factor Authentication Plugin Localization
Localization SupportAll frontend labels can be easily changed to any language so the user interface will speak your own language.
|Plugin Labels Settings|
WordPress Two-Factor Authentication Plugin Additional Resources
WordPress Two Factor Authentication and Secure Login Premium Features
- Support Google Authenticator – Support site login using GA mobile app. This means that once user will try to login he will need to enter a unique code generated in his GA app
- Support Mobile Phone SMS – Support site login using Amazon SMS service (AWS SNS). This means that a text message will be sent to the user with a one time code which he needs to enter in order to login
- Support Email verification – Support site login using an email verification. This means that an email message containing a unique link will be sent to the user. Once user click on the link he will be able to login
- Support Email code – Support site login using an code sent to the user email. This means that an email message containing a unique code will be sent to the user. Once user enter the code to the login screen he will be able to login
- Customize notifications – All notifications including SMS, email templates can be easily customized
- Control access by role – Define which user roles needs enhanced 2FA
- Control access per each specific user profile – Support security level by user account and reset security method
- Define authentication fator duration – Define the duration of each code sent to the user. After expiration user will need to generate a new code
- Override password – Admin can decide to completely remove password from user login
- Shortcode support – Support external login forms using a shortcode
WordPress Two Step Authentication Related Plugins
WordPress Two Factor Authentication Image Gallery FAQ
Secure Login and Two-Factor Authentication Image Gallery
Version 1.1.3 11th July 2017
- Added option to send the Google Authenticator secret reminder email to a user.
Version 1.1.2 11th July 2017
- Added a back link on the login confirmation screen after confirmed by the email link..
- Added option to send the notification email only to roles that have to use the protection.
Version 1.1.1 10th July 2017
- Added feature to notify all users about the protection by sending the email.
- Added instructions text that can be displayed on the login form.
- Minor adjustments.