This page has moved
CM Tooltip Use Cases
- Dictionary – Creates a dictionary of specifically used terms on your site.
- Tooltip – Adds tooltip as an anchor to predefined terms that are contained in your site.
- Knowledge Base – Creates a knowledge base of useful terms and definitions.
- Encyclopedia – Builds an internal Encyclopedia for your site.
- Synonyms – Keeps and displays synonyms of terms that you are using.
- Lexicon – Builds a lexicon of terms.
- Vocabulary – Builds a vocabulary of custom words and expressions.
- Explanations – Explains the meanings of words in your posts or pages.
- Translate – Translates terms and definitions into any defined language using Google Translate.
CM Tooltip Free VersionDownload
- Automatically generates a Glossary index of terms [Example]
- Ability to show your Glossary index list as tiles
- Each glossary term has its own unique post. [Example]
- Tooltip window can optionally appear when term is hovered over by the cursor.
- Term page can optionally be linked directly from posts or pages.
- Includes several filters to optimize the Tooltip window and limit the length of description displayed.
- Prevents the glossary from parsing text, when needed, by using a Shortcode text .
- Support Excerpts (if they exist) as a hover-over text that appears in the Tooltip window.
- Controls the location and area where the Tooltip appears (pages, posts, homepage)
- Controls the settings in cases where the Tooltip appears more than once.
- Supports UTF-8 coding
CM Tooltip Pro Version
Buy Now $29
Includes all free version features with the addition of the following features:
- Pagination – The CM ToolTip Pro version gives you the ability to add pagination to the glossary page on the both server side and the client side of the plugin. (Support is provided to speed up extra large glossaries). Administrators can also control the number of items that appear on each page. (Demo)
- Widget – The CM ToolTip Pro version includes a glossary widget that shows a random selection of a number of specified terms with a link to the Glossary index. (Demo (Scroll down and look at the right side for Glossary). (image)
- Link Style – The Pro version of the CM ToolTip gives you the ability to change term link style. (Settings: image)
- Tooltip Style – Ability to change Tooltip shape, color and border. (Demo (Highlight any term) , (Settings:image)
- Import / Export – Import and Export your glossary file to and from .CSV format. (image)
- Internal Links – Options to add a link back to your glossary page from each term page. (Demo)
- Editor Button – Editor button to support glossary exclude Shortcode. (image)
- Synonyms – Users of the CM Tooltip Pro can add several Synonyms for each term, so that the Tooltip is made to appear for all Synonyms in posts or pages that are listed in the Glossary index (Demo), (Glossary Term Page: image)
- Related Post – Shows all related posts and pages for each glossary term. This option is cached to enhance performance. (Demo), (Settings: image)
- Multisite – Support for WP Multisite.
- Gratitude Message – Does not include the CMinds Gratitude message in the footer.
- Singular and Plural – Supports different variations of nouns that allow the user to specify a definition for each term according to the specific use of the word. The Tooltip will appear for all variations in all posts and pages. (Image)
- Glossary term supports more posting options.
- Related Glossary terms – Relates Glossary terms to a specified term which is displayed according to control settings. (Demo)
- Localization – All labels are external in the settings and can be localized easily.
- Custom Characters – Support for custom characters in alphabetical index (image), (Demo in Finish), (Another Demo in Finnish)
- Definition in Index – Show the Terms AND the Definitions in an Alphabetically sorted index. (image)
- Mobile Friendly – Detects Mobile devices and displays the Tooltip only when term is clicked. Tooltip includes a link to the term page. (Image)
- Anchors inside Tooltip – Tooltip can include anchors which the user can click. (Demo – hover over HTML)
- Permalink – Tooltip permalink can be changed.
- Optimized for Speed – Parsing engine is optimized for speed and can hold many thousands more terms without slowing down the site.
- Per Post Tooltip Options – Tooltip appearance and use can be control per each page or post. User can define if page / post should be parsed and if tooltip or links should appear in a specific page / post
CM Tooltip Pro+ Version
Buy Now $39
Includes all free version and the Pro version features with the addition of the following:
- Google Translate Integration -Ability to display translated words into the language of your choice for all terms and definitions, uses the Google Translate API (Image- hover over HTML), (Image from Settings)
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary Integration -Ability to display the dictionary definition of a term from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary for all words on your Term page and Tooltip. (Demo)
- Merriam-Webster thesaurus Integration – Ability to display the thesaurus synonyms and antonyms from the online Merriam-Webster Thesaurus in your Term page and Tooltip. (Demo)
- Glossary Search – Glossary index page is included within a local search engine. (Demo)
- Glossary Categories – Glossary categories are supported and can be used in glossary page, also set with a Shortcode. (Demo), (Categories in Glossary Index)
- Shortcode – Glossary Shortcode. “[“glossary cat=”cat name”] allows you to display terms from a specific category anywhere on your site. (Demo)
- Search & Replace Tool – Includes an on the fly search and replace tool to replace text or html code in your posts and pages with newly replaced content. (Image)
- Custom Links – Manually add custom links from your Term page. (Image)
- Exclude Term – Glossary terms can be excluded from the Glossary index and Tooltip. (Image)
- Term Target Link – Terms are linked and can be targeted to go to an external or custom link. (Demo – Click on Ajax and you will be taken outside of site)
- Term page Template – Term page uses a template that can be edited and changed.
- Change tooltip font – Select the Tooltip font from 8 available Google fonts (Image)
- Dictionary shortcode – Ability to include on any post or page Merriam-Webster Dictionary. term name (View Demo)
- Thesaurus shortcode – Ability to include on any post or page Merriam-Webster Thesaurus Shortcode. term name (View Demo)
- Google Translate Shortcode – Ability to include on any post or page Google Translate Shortcode. text to translate (View Image)
- Related Terms Widget in Post/Pages – Added a widget to show all related terms at the end of each page/post. (View Demo – look at the bottom of the article)
- Partial Word terms – Added Support to partial words term or Asian languages like Japanese which do not have space between words (Demo in Japanese )
- Abbreviations – Include support for term abbreviation (one per each term). Abbreviation will appear in index page and will be highlighted in post and pages where it appears
- Embedded Audio files – Ability to embed and play mp3 wav ogg and m4a files while viewing the term page or hovering over the term. Look in this example page