CMS (Content Management Systems) is an infrastructure used in eCommerce businesses to manage their store’s content, images and documents. Manual and automatic procedures or workflows are used to organize, edit, add, list and delete products. A CMS is also used by various websites, such as blogs, media and education. This method is widely used primarily because it avoids many programming complications and allows content to be managed easily.
- Create full content pages, such as About Us, Product pages and Home pages.
- Change the page layout of a content page.
- Assign a different home page.
- Add page links to the main menu.
- Edit content on a page.
- Create a navigation page.
Magento® can also use an external CMS infrastructure, such as WordPress, for managing store content. It is supported using several optional extensions and plugins available on both platforms.« Back to Glossary Index