Uses for the CM Answers Q&A Plugin
- Discussion Forum – Puts a lightweight and easy to use Discussion Forum on your WordPress site or blog.
- Support Forum – Support your users while allowing them to vote and answer questions on existing topics that you control and moderate.
- Builds Community – Adds a discussion forum to your site to gather feedback, allow your members to start their own conversations, and ask their own questions.
- Questions & Answers Forum – Allows users to ask and answer questions that are sent in by other users and gather feedback on your website.
- Customer Support – Support for retail customer support questions.
- StackOverflow – Adds a StackOverflow style forum to your site.
List of Features in CM Answers – Free VersionDownload
- Includes a views count.
- Includes an answers count.
- Administrators can moderate question & answers and can receive email notifications.
- Users can receive notifications when answering a question pending follow-up
- Sorting options in the question and answer pages.
- Template can be easily customized according to users requirements.
List of Features in CM Answers Pro – Pro Version License
Buy Now $29
Includes all free version features with the following additions:
- [New] Access Control- Admin can define who can ask questions and who can answer based on user role.
- Social Media Registration Integration- Integrates with Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Microsoft Live and LinkedIn profiles. (image-1) (image-2)
- Shortcodes- Generates a Questions List by using a Shortcode: cma-questions with additional parameters. For example, limit=10 author=123 sort=hottest (Demo)
- User Dashboard- Adds “My Questions” and “My Answers” dashboards to the user profile page by using Shortcodes: cma-my-questions and cma-my-answers. (image)
- Categories- Ability to add categories and display them using a Shortcode. cat=catname (Demo), (Demo in Questions Index)
- Widgets- Widget integration that can sort and display hottest questions, most viewed, most recent answers and more. (image), (Demo in Questions Index)
- User Posting Meter -Ability to add the user’s profile of the number of posted questions and answers that the user has contributed displayed beside their user name. (image)
- Show/Hide Views- Administrator can choose to hide or show the number of views that a topic has. (image)
- Moderation- Administrators can define a list of users who are exempt and can post without any need of moderation. (image)
- Multisite- Supports multisites.
- Public User Profile- Automatically generates a public profile page containing all the questions and answers a user has posted, with a link to his or her social media profile. (image), (Demo)
- Gravatar – Ability to display a Gravatar near the user’s name and in the user’s profile.
- Order Answers – Shows and sorts all answers in ascending or descending order. (Image from Settings)
- Attachments – Accepts file attachments when posting a question. Limits for file types and sizes. (Image), (Image from Settings)
- Localization Support – Frontend (user side) is localized.
- View Count Control – Controls how a view count is tabulated (by view or by session). (Image from Settings)
- Ajax Support – Uses a Shortcode that displays the Category, supported by Ajax. Views of categories fit within the current site template. See Example
- Gratitude Message – Does not include our Gratitude Message in the footer.
- Tags – Tags are fully supported. Administrators can control the appearance of tags with an available Tags widget. (Demo – Widget on the right), (Image)
- Sticky Questions – Supports sticky questions with an administrator defined background color. (Demo – First question is sticky), (Image When Admin edit question post) , (Image from settings)
- Code Snippets in Posts – Support for code snippets and custom background color. (Demo of code inside a question), (Image from settings)
- Homepage – Supports options to define CM Answers as the Site or Blog homepage (Image from settings)
- Permalink – Customizable CM Answers permalink. (Image from settings)
- Disclaimer -Added Disclaimer support for first time users. (Image from settings) , (Image when disclaimer appears)
- Social Share – Includes a social share widget in the question page. (Demo)
- Text Editor – Includes a full text editor for questions and answers
- Edit Questions or Answer – Question or Answers can be edited after posting