CraetiveMinds Glossary is build using our WordPress Tooltip Glossary Plugin.
You many click on any term on the left to see the definition
- Sales Receipt
- Screen Resolution
- Search engine optimization
- Seed Investor
- Shopping Cart
- Software Framework
- Software Mockup
- Software Optimization
- Startup DNA
- Supply Chain Management
- Target Audience
- Term Sheet
- Text ads
Supply chain management or SCM manages how goods are transported and stored. Goods include raw materials, inventory in process, and completed products from the initial point of consumption. Retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers and other commercial channels are interconnected to supply the requested goods to the consumer. The process involves design, planning, execution and control of the supply to establish a value, logistics and other key factors.
SCM is conducted in the following areas:
- Operations management – It is overseeing, designing, and controlling of the operations of the production of goods and services.
- Logistics – This manages the flow of goods from the point of origin (for example manufacturer) to consumption (for example the consumer).
- Procurement – This is receiving goods and services from an external source.
- Information Technology – An area of technology that manages data on a computer.
Magento® provides eCommerce businesses with integrations that simplify the supply chain process.