Having an excellent WordPress website in 2022 is non-negotiable. Your website acts as a reflection of the products and services you sell and is one of the first things people and businesses come across when they look into your company.
So how can you ensure that you have a WordPress site that stands head and shoulders above the rest? With a great WordPress (WP) developer you can trust.
But where can you find quality WordPress developers that can take your website to the next level? Fear not, we’ve compiled a list of the best places to find and hire WordPress developers. Keep reading on to find out more.
Do You Need a WordPress Developer?
One of the great things about WordPress is that you don’t need coding experience to create a WordPress site. While this is great in theory, it pays to have someone who knows what they’re doing.
When it comes to creating a quality WordPress website that works for your business, you need to consider the WordPress plugins needed, the overall design of the website, potential bugs and more.
This job is best reserved for WordPress experts who have the skills needed to take your website to the next level. Otherwise, you risk operating a website that doesn’t look professional or function the way you want it to.
Aside from building and maintaining websites, WP developers also specialize in optimizing WordPress sites through search engine optimization (SEO). That means creating a website that ranks well on search engines.
Strong search engine ratings lead to strong conversion rates, so having a WordPress website that’s optimized by an expert may bring your website countless new leads which lead to higher sales.
What’s the worst that could happen if you hire someone not suitable for the job? Chaos. When it comes to creating your WordPress site and plugins, you need a WordPress developer who can deliver exceptional coding.
Without quality coding, your WordPress plugins can collapse, your website loading rates can slow dramatically, and you’ll have a hard time making ongoing amendments to your WordPress website without encountering huge problems.
Lots of companies who have worked with inexperienced WordPress developers have needed to start their website over from scratch, as the code from their previous website was bloated, full of errors and led to an extremely slow landing page. That’s why it pays to work with a WordPress developer who is a wizard when it comes to The WordPress Codex.
When you work with a WordPress expert who knows The WordPress Codex by the back of their hand, you can rest assured that you’ll receive a quality website you’re proud of. What’s The WordPress Codex? Put simply, The WordPress Codex is an official online manual that details every template tag and function of WordPress.
It was created by WordPress developers as a central repository of information for all things WordPress and is an essential tool for becoming a great developer. When it comes to understanding WordPress software and the WordPress Platform as a whole, The WordPress Codex is a must.
This coupled with The WordPress Codebase (created by the WordPress core development team) are tools every WordPress developer needs to be very familiar with.
So, do you need a WordPress developer? Absolutely. As technology continues to evolve at a rapid rate, your website is the ultimate reflection of your products and services and is the first impression you give the world. If you’re interested in giving off a sub-par reflection to businesses and customers, then feel free to create a WordPress site by yourself.
This means navigating the complex WordPress platform by yourself without assistance and trying to make sense of WordPress software with little experience. If you’re interested in creating a website that will leave your users wildly impressed, it’s time to invest in a WP developer.
Consider Your Requirements
Hiring a WordPress developer can be a costly endeavor, so it’s important to outline your requirements before you begin your search for the perfect candidate. Ask yourself honest questions about your budget, whether or not you need short-term or long-term work and think long and hard about what you want your WordPress website to achieve.
WordPress development encompasses many things, so do your best to narrow down your requirements beforehand.
There are different types of WordPress developers with varying specialties, so figuring out exactly what you need will help you find the best WP developer needed to enhance your website.
Find and Hire WordPress Developers You Can Trust
Finding WordPress experts that can give you the website of your dreams is best achieved with websites you can trust. While you’re welcome to search for WordPress developers through traditional routes, there are designated companies that can pair you with professionals that have already been vetted.
One quick Google search for ‘hire WordPress developer’ produces 8,980,000 results. Skip the hard and lengthy process part of trying to figure out whether or not a company is reputable and use our trusted list below instead. We’ve compiled an airtight list of the world’s leading websites that advertise WordPress developers.
CreativeMinds is your one-stop-shop for all of your WordPress needs. We have an extensive catalogue of over 100 WordPress plugins and have served over 800,000 happy customers. We have an extensive team of WordPress developers available for hire and can help you navigate projects big and small.
CreativeMinds stands apart from the rest for the following reasons:
- Hiring a remote freelancer is risky. With CreativeMinds, you can be confident your WordPress developer will finish the project with top-notch code.
- We have standard, transparent rates so clients know exactly how much they’re paying.
- Our WordPress developers can create bespoke WordPress plugins to address your WordPress development needs
- We are experts in the consultative stage, helping you navigate scrambled thoughts to obtain your dream website
- Ongoing maintenance and support from WordPress experts so you can rest assured that your website is secure, optimized and consistently up to date
- We provide state-of-the-art development services with ongoing support for all WordPress projects
- Our team of experts have created countless WordPress sites and specialize in WordPress software
- Our team is well versed in The WordPress Codex and WordPress codebase
While lots of websites advertise developers with varying specialties, codeable is the only business dedicated to providing companies with WordPress experts. What makes this company stand out?
- They provide clients with short-term, ongoing and permanent WordPress experts
- You can get a free estimate with no obligation to hire
- You can hire someone who specializes in the WordPress work you need (WordPress theme development, e-commerce, security, etc.)
- They have a team of over 510 experts from 60 different countries
- They have a rigorous hiring process that involves a professional interview, technical exam, live coding test, Codeable Academy exam, 45-day trial period and ongoing monitoring
- Each potential candidate has an extensive profile with an overall rating, number of WordPress projects completed, professional history and list of applicable skills related to WordPress development
Toptal is an exclusive network that provides clients with the top 3% of freelance talent. While they have a pool of WordPress developers you can choose from, they also work with freelancers working in finance, design and more. Leading features of Toptal include:
- They provide clients with a potential match in approximately 24 hours
- Clients have the ability to work with a WordPress developer for a trial period to ensure they’re the right fit.
- Each freelancer has an extensive profile that details their professional history, portfolio, skills and relevant experience
- Toptal boasts a 95% trial-to-hire success rate
- 6/5 star rating from Trustpilot
WordPress Jobs is one of the oldest methods of finding and hiring a WordPress developer. All you need to do is post your job requirements and vet each candidate yourself. Things that stand out about WordPress Jobs are:
- It’s free and easy to use. You don’t even need an account to utilize the service.
- Each listing can remain active for up to 21 days
- You get to vet each candidate yourself
- You’ll receive a variety of applications with different payment requirements, WordPress development skills and experience levels.
- Anyone can respond to your job posting, so make sure you do your due diligence on each candidate you interact with.
LinkedIn is one of the world’s leading professional networks that allows job seekers to post their resumes and employers to post jobs. It is used by a wide variety of businesses and is a great way to connect with people, businesses and organizations. LinkedIn’s leading features include:
- You can post detailed job applications within seconds that can be shared by the rest of your company
- Anyone can respond to your job advert, leading you to vet each potential candidate yourself
- LinkedIn allows employers to choose how they receive job applications
- Employers can set a daily or total budget in order to advertise to relevant candidates
Find WordPress Developers You Can Trust
While it may seem like there are countless websites boasting their pool of WordPress developers, very few are able to ensure you work with first-class professionals. That’s why it pays to use trusted companies that have vetted each WordPress developer before adding them to their pool of freelancers.
While companies can use traditional routes when finding a WP developer, they risk having their new hire walk out in the middle of the project or having a WordPress site created with improper coding. There’s a reason why the world’s leading companies and websites use businesses like CreativeMinds.
Here at CreativeMinds, we’ve vetted each WordPress developer on our team to make sure they are the best of the best. You won’t have to worry about poor website optimization or security risks when it comes to our pool of freelancers.
We’re confident in providing clients with exceptional WordPress developers that can elevate their WordPress sites in no time. With transparent rates, ongoing support and maintenance and a long list of happy customers, we’re the trusted solution when it comes to finding a WordPress developer you can trust.
Whether you’re looking for a WordPress developer to help you with your WordPress project or to develop a new WordPress plugin, we’ve got the right fit for you. Get in touch to find out more about how our team of WordPress experts can improve your website today.