The CreativeMinds team decided to integrate the Glossary Skins add-on into the base plugin, Tooltip Glossary.
Tooltip Glossary is our best-selling plugin and receives frequent updates. The Skins was released back in 2014 as one of the nine add-ons for Tooltip Glossary. Over the years, most of its features were implemented in the base plugin.
This way, retiring the add-on should cut redundancies in maintenance while adding value to our customers.
1) Why did CreativeMinds decide to retire the Glossary Skins add-on?
Most of its features are present in the base plugin, Tooltip Glossary, making the add-on redundant.
2) I have the Glossary Skins Add-on! Do I lose access to support?
If you face any technical issues specific to deprecated features of the Skins add-on, we’ll evaluate together how to proceed.
If you would like to expand skins features further with customization, we will be happy to help you.
3) How can I customize the tooltip visual in Tooltip Glossary?
These documentation articles cover the most relevant settings:
- CM Tooltip (CMTG) – Tooltips – Change the Tooltip Style
- CM Tooltip (CMTG) – Tooltips – Tooltip Opacity
- CM Tooltip (CMTG) – Tooltips – Display and Hide Animation / Delay
- CM Tooltip (CMTG) – Custom CSS styling
4) Can I still buy the Glossary Skins Add-on?
No, adding it to the cart is not available anymore.
5) What were the features in Glossary Skins Add-on? Is there any missing in the base plugin now?
The features were: six themes, tooltip appearance customization, live preview and mobile responsiveness.
All except live preview are already present in Tooltip Glossary. We plan to move it to the plugin still in 2020.